Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get my fill today!

I got my first fill this past Friday and I've already lost 4lbs! It's back to the beginning - and I'm sooo happy! Small meals (well shakes for now till tomorrow) are filling me nicely again. It's nice to have the restriction and not all the post-op pain.

My experience was great - I was worried for nothing. They don't use any local numbing agent at my office, and I barely felt the needle go in. The PA Jackie is fantastic at doing fills and I'll make sure to get her every time.

Apparently I had 2cc's in my band at surgery, so she gave me 2 more. I feel like it's going to be perfect!

My closet is getting dangerously empty though - I've already lost 2 pant sizes and getting dressed now is a nightmare - but in the more fun direction!

Can't wait for my Spring shopping spree!

I know what you are saying about your closet is getting dnaeroulsy empty for my closet is as well. I to went down two sizes and after this size I would need to go shopping for new clothes for work too. I can't wait. :party:

im going for my 3rd fill wed,after my fill i havent been doing liquids or soft food for a few days,is it bad to do this?i usally that night just drink and nxt day go to soft foods?whats the reason for waiting to eat after a fill?also when will i know to go to less calories?is there a time period?like if u weigh lets say 300 how many cals should u have?is it differnat if yr 270 pds?someone plz help me with that

Well, it seems I'm just talking to myself here!?:party:

The actual fill was painful. Doc stuck the needle right through my scar tissue and missed. He got it on the second try and it hurt both times. after he filled me, he pulled it out rather quickly and that hurt too. But I'm tough! He said I'll need another one in 4-6 weeks. I made an appt for 6 weeks out on March 30th.

Well that's all I got I hope to hear from others. Lena, your fill is tomorrow? Peanutband too right?

I'm sorry I never saw this. I never got a fill. Doc says I don't need one.

Lena

i get my 3rd fill wed and i cant waittttttttttttt,it has never hurt me,and i just do it reg way.glad mine was easy to find after all the storys i hear of people saying it hurt glad mine was easy to find.wed plz hurry

My first fill went well. No pain and the PA found it pretty quickly. She numbed the skin and when she pulled the saline out, I didnt even know it. She put a little more back in and I was ready to go. I'm a little bruised at the site, but had no pain. I'm scheduled for a second fill on 4/24!

I was also told to only have liquids for 24hrs and then mushy foods for another 24 hours. Down 3lbs from Friday! yay!

Had my first fill today! It took all of 5 minutes, and it was sooo much easier than I expected it to be. I had anxiety over it I swear! They used a local anesthetic which helped, I didn't even feel them put the needle in my port.

I'm curious to see how this helps! We put 4cc in my 12cc band! I'm on soft foods for 24-48 hours and then back to normal. I'll keep everyone posted!

Got fill #1 yesterday. 1.5 cc in my 4 cc band.

Even with the local, I did feel the stick, although it wasn't near as bad as my brain tried to make it out to be. What was really weird is that I felt the saline tighten around my stomach. It was just bizzare. :)

Eating Soups for now. Warm is better. So far so good.

Just got my second fill today. He put in 1cc today so that's a total of 5 in my 12cc band. I love how it feels after a fill. I could go all day and eat nothing! Good thing too because I go 24 hours on liquids. How is everyone else doing on fills? is anyone on their 3rd?

I would like to know what everyone is being charged for their fill visit?? I have insurance with blue cross of CA smartsense I have seen an EOB dated the same date I went for fill charge of 450.00...ouch I couldnt believe the 10 minute visit was billed out at the amt!! Does this sound right to you?? I have now reached my "out of pocket max" so no charge to me now!! whew! tell me what is going on with fill charges?? By the way, my unfill has proven to be what I needed. I am at 5.4cc in my 10 cc. Doing great with the hunger!

sounds like they are overcharging the insurance company, which is typical practice. I'm a cash pay and get charged $250 and that is with the xrays.

Just got my second fill today. He put in 1cc today so that's a total of 5 in my 12cc band. I love how it feels after a fill. I could go all day and eat nothing! Good thing too because I go 24 hours on liquids. How is everyone else doing on fills? is anyone on their 3rd?

Today was my second and he found my port a lot quicker this time even though he stills there's a lot of scar tissue. I thought I would only have 2.5cc when I left. The 1st one was 2cc and today's was 0.5cc. My surgeon mentioned to me that there's actually 5cc :seeya: in my 14cc band. He said that when they were "priming" (correct me if this is the wrong word) my band during surgery that there was 2.5cc left behind. Man I knew it! He said there was probably a little bit left but I felt a good restriction up until 8 weeks post-op. Oh well! Less poking around for me :thumbdown:

He was reluctant to give me a fill today but I have been hungry a lot sooner after meals so he said I will only give you a little because your weight loss is above what I would expect you to be losing. My restriction tonight is very good and I am on liquids again and it does not bother me at all.

I have not received a EOB for the first fill and I am hoping that he did not bill it for anything other than a office visit. If it's billed with a in office surgery code I will have to pay 15% of what my insurance allows.

Something happened between my hospital and my insurance so my hospital has said they will not bill me for the hospital portion. They told the insurance company who then called to tell me this. So while I am saving a lot of money my catastrophic level has not been met.