Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get my fill today!

Well I go in today at 11. I will get a fill I don't know how much but I'll let you all know.

I know several of us are getting our first fills this week, so I wanted to start this thread for updates and rants.

I think I really need this fill as I can eat more food now than at the beginning of this journey. I guess my stoma was swollen at first, but now it seems like normal, like I had nothing done. Hopefully this fill will give me back that full feeling that I loved (and need).

Good luck to all of you and please, let us know how your fills go.

Well, it seems I'm just talking to myself here!?:rolleyes:

I wanted to give you all an account of my fill.

I had lots of questions for the doc today. He said that my feeling that I had no restriction now was normal, and the fill takes care of that.

He told me I have a 12cc band and he put in 4cc today. I noticed a difference right away. He had me drink a glass of Water to see if it went down ok and it stuck at first...stayed there a little while and finally made the trip down:thumbup: It feels just like it did at first..without the surgery pain!

The actual fill was painful. Doc stuck the needle right through my scar tissue and missed. He got it on the second try and it hurt both times. after he filled me, he pulled it out rather quickly and that hurt too. But I'm tough! He said I'll need another one in 4-6 weeks. I made an appt for 6 weeks out on March 30th.

Well that's all I got I hope to hear from others. Lena, your fill is tomorrow? Peanutband too right?

Awww Glenda!! Im sorry it hurt. And thats the last thing any of us need after surgery. I go for my 1st fill on the 26th and Im a bit nervous. Keep us posted on how this fill goes and if you feel full after smaller meals. Glad to see your doing good...

Nikki

Well, it seems I'm just talking to myself here!?:tt2:

I wanted to give you all an account of my fill.

I had lots of questions for the doc today. He said that my feeling that I had no restriction now was normal, and the fill takes care of that.

He told me I have a 12cc band and he put in 4cc today. I noticed a difference right away. He had me drink a glass of Water to see if it went down ok and it stuck at first...stayed there a little while and finally made the trip down:thumbup: It feels just like it did at first..without the surgery pain!

The actual fill was painful. Doc stuck the needle right through my scar tissue and missed. He got it on the second try and it hurt both times. after he filled me, he pulled it out rather quickly and that hurt too. But I'm tough! He said I'll need another one in 4-6 weeks. I made an appt for 6 weeks out on March 30th.

Well that's all I got I hope to hear from others. Lena, your fill is tomorrow? Peanutband too right?

Yes I got my fill tonight. I was like you about the increase of food. My fill did not hurt at all. It was just a little prick and that was it. No pain at all. No cameras neither. I am so happy ;) I got this, for I really needed. The scale stopped at samed to me, food increase. So I am hoping this will move it even more.

GlenStand, now that is has been a few days after your fill, how are you doing?:tt2:

GlenStand, now that is has been a few days after your fill, how are you doing?:tt2:

Peanutband, I am doing great! I am so glad I got the fill when I did. I was eating like old times again, with no restrictions!!(well not like old times but more than new times:wink2:)

I have been doing sooo much better now. and the scale started moving again!:thumbup:

I eat only a little bit at a time and get full and the fullness lasts a long time. I had an appointment with my nutritionist the next day and she said I was doing great with my calories and Protein. She even said I needed more fat:huh2: in my diet!! Well, ok then!

I have had n awsom week and feel so good about the band. Thanks for asking and let us know how you are doing with your fill. How much did yours get filled?

I was filled yesterday and boy was I worried for NOTHING... it was a breeze... I hardly felt the stick of the local anesthesia... and felt NOTHING after that... easy pie!

I am on Clear Liquids until later today and can have shakes up until later tomorrow and then on to soft foods.. I soo hope this helps me feel fuller... I was in bandster hell for sure...

I only got 1cc... doc said didn't want to choke me off all at once and I go back March 24th... but, you better believe if I am eating too much, I will be back before that.

I got my first fill on Tues. the 17th. and it was a breeze. My doc placed 4.7 cc. got good restriction, finally back on track, no real hunger.:thumbup:

It was a tough couple of weeks before the fill. :tt2:

I just might make my March 17th challenge to myself, I wanted to hit 210 lbs. I think I have a good chance now.

Hope you are all doing great with your fill.

My best to all, Patti with a smile:thumbup:

Well I go in today at 11. I will get a fill I don't know how much but I'll let you all know.

I know several of us are getting our first fills this week, so I wanted to start this thread for updates and rants.

I think I really need this fill as I can eat more food now than at the beginning of this journey. I guess my stoma was swollen at first, but now it seems like normal, like I had nothing done. Hopefully this fill will give me back that full feeling that I loved (and need).

Good luck to all of you and please, let us know how your fills go.

I had my 1st fill yesterday. I think he put in 2ccs. I can tell a small restriction when I am drinking, so I have to drink slower now. It was really nothing. I prick for the numbing medicine. The injection into the port, there was no feeling. I have 3 days of liquids and then back to the scheduled dietary stuff. I was banded on Feb 6th.

Peanutband, I am doing great! I am so glad I got the fill when I did. I was eating like old times again, with no restrictions!!(well not like old times but more than new times:wink2:)

I have been doing sooo much better now. and the scale started moving again!:sneaky:

I eat only a little bit at a time and get full and the fullness lasts a long time. I had an appointment with my nutritionist the next day and she said I was doing great with my calories and Protein. She even said I needed more fat:huh2: in my diet!! Well, ok then!

I have had n awsom week and feel so good about the band. Thanks for asking and let us know how you are doing with your fill. How much did yours get filled?

How much did you take for your fill? I am doing great! No problems here. The doctor put in 1 cc into my 10 cc band. I am not getting hugery until it is closer to time to eat my meals. I am eating about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food now. We will see how long this last before eating more. You are so right it is like the first two weeks again. I love this.....:mad2: don't you...

Hi Y'all!

Im soooo glad I read this post! I'm eating WAY more food than I'd like to be able to eat. I'm TRYING to make the best choices, but honestly sometimes it's just hard. Like chicken is good right? But KFC chicken that I had for dinner tonight - probably NOT so good...

Im getting my first fill on Friday and hope that I can stay on track through this week. Being at work helps and I use the gym there every day so that should help too.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories - I love this site!

good to hear from all of you, I actually needed some support. Because I've been making some really bad food choices lately, seems like I can eat anything (I know why I needed the band to lose weight) I'm getting my first fill tomorrow and i'm super nervous if I've stretched my pouch or something b/c of my eating habits these past 2 weeks... anybody?? I actually started the gym 3 x a week which feels good.... oh I can't wait to feel restriction again!!!

ok, no fill today. Maybe next week. I have a small hematoma and the nurse couldnt get to the port because of it. So I ended up there for an hour milking the blood out of the hematoma. Didnt hurt, nor did the shot or when she was looking for the port.....I hope next week I can get a fill.

My first fill is tomorrow. Kinda nervous...went with my coworker yesterday when she got her first fill and everything went very smoothly. Im dragging her with me tomorrow. LOL. I havent felt any restriction in the past week and I'm HUNGRY only a few hours after eating lunch and dinner. I hope after the fill I will feel like I did right after surgery - that was GREAT. never was hungry!

I made a couple of bad choices last weekend and it seems to have caught up with me - I lost 10 since 1/29 and put 2 back on in the past couple of days. :) Hopefully with the fill I wont be able to eat SO much and wont be hungry after small meals.

I got my first fill this past Friday and I've already lost 4lbs! It's back to the beginning - and I'm sooo happy! Small meals (well shakes for now till tomorrow) are filling me nicely again. It's nice to have the restriction and not all the post-op pain.

My experience was great - I was worried for nothing. They don't use any local numbing agent at my office, and I barely felt the needle go in. The PA Jackie is fantastic at doing fills and I'll make sure to get her every time.

Apparently I had 2cc's in my band at surgery, so she gave me 2 more. I feel like it's going to be perfect!

My closet is getting dangerously empty though - I've already lost 2 pant sizes and getting dressed now is a nightmare - but in the more fun direction!

Can't wait for my Spring shopping spree!