Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone NOT hungry??

I keep hearing that everyone is starving and ready for some restriction, but I'm not hungry at all...I do get some hunger pains when it IS time to eat, but nothing close to 'back in the day'!:unsure: I eat, am full and then eat when it's time again...so, now I am nervous that I am eating too much and that's why I am not hungry!! :thumbup: I track my food, am eating btwn 600-750 calories, all of my Protein and Water and started cardio this week...I have my post op tomorrow, so maybe I can learn more there...

Hang in there, Hotties!! Restriction is on it's way! :)

Kristil

I'm with ya, and I'm a month out. I just don't feel hungry much. 5:00 is a hard time, so I've been trying to keep a snack with me then, but other than that, I'm not usually hungry except at regular meal times. However...

I am eating a snack in between Breakfast and lunch and then at 5 - we eat dinner at 6:30.

At this point, I am getting in about 1000 or so calories a day.

Me. I am eating anywhere between 600-800 calories a day and there are some meals during the day that make me so full. I went to the surgeon today and like I thought I did not get my first fill. He's going to see me again in two weeks now that I am eating more solid foods (I am on soft foods now). I am not upset by not getting a fill and I even asked him if he put some saline in during the surgery. No he said so with no fill I feel like I have a good restriction so we'll see. Some days and I am hungrier than most.

I can relate. "Hungry" and "Full" both feel differently to me now than they did before surgery. I'm learning a lot as I go, that's for sure. I feel it's important to get enough calories though. I do not want my body to think it's starving and hold on to the weight or develop nutritional deficiencies. So I eat two meals (small!) and a snack every day.

I wish I can say that I am not hungry. When it gets close to meal time, I am so hungry. I don't snack in between my meals. I do excerise like about 5 to 6 times a week. I try to eat about 1000 to 1200 cals a day. My weight loss stopped when I was only eatting around 500 to 800 calories per day. So my doctor said to increase the calories. I am so upset right now that I am questioning myself because the weight loss stopped. I just can't break that 230 mark. I go for my first fill on Tuesday (2/17) of next week. I am hoping that it will move again after the fill. Any help would be nice at this time to keep me moving ahead and not look back.

I am not hungry anymore. Before my fill yesterday I had been STARVED for like a week. I felt like my little half cup portion wasn't enough- even though it was Protein. My fill has made all the difference in the world!

Looks like everyone is doing great! :frown:

I was starving also. After visit at the office I found out that I was eating too much so I cut back now two ounces of soft foods and Snacks. I still have a problem getting in all the liquids I am just not a drinker. But I am learning. I was banded on 1/27. I go for my fill March 4.

I can only tell you to hang in there. Maybe the fill you are getting will help? I thought for sure I would be starving like crazy. But I am not and when I went in for my first fill I knew there was no way he would even consider it. He told me to come back in two weeks to see how I am doing with my soft to regular diet and the exercise. He said I would start to see a slow down in loss and not to worry.

I was told that when you reach regular food stage that you calorie intake should be between 1000-1200 calories. 1200 calories I was told to do if I was regularly exercising which you are in my opinion. I guess I will find out soon enough myself. I was just given clearance to go back to the gym with no restrictions and I begin regular food on the 21st (yeah I know the date I want a salad already).

You are doing great! :frown: Don't dwell on it just keep moving forward and be very proud of all that you have accomplished already! :cursing:

I'm not hungry, except a minor feeling of need just before a meal. However, I've been a naughty bandster and have been eating bad things. I've not lost a pound this week, and it's entirely my fault. I'm back on the wagon and behaving.

I got a 5cc fill last Tuesday and I really can't tell any difference. I'm not hungry like I was before the surgery but I still open the fridge in between meals. Luckily the only things I have to snack on are s/f Popsicles and string cheese! They said I could have another fill in approx 4 weeks, I'm making the appointment tomorrow.

I was banded in May of 08. I have gone in for numerous tightenings and would do pretty well until the swelling from the tightening would subside and then I would be hungry and struggleing again. The last fill did the trick for me. NOW I understand what they mean when they ask me if I'm hungry. I'm not anymore, at least when I feel hungry I'm really hungry and not just wanting to eat. Before this I had actually had some saline removed from my band. I was having pain and BPing alot. On my last visit the doctor actually put more in than had been removed before.

I had to put my head around the fact that I HAVE to eat slower and take smaller bites. Again I knew that but wasn't really doing it. The light came on for me! For me at least, until I was in the green zone I didn't get it. It has taken 9 months to get to this point. My confidence is back, I'm losing weight like I thought I would. Better late than never I guess.