Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise and Health Issues

Are you eating enough? You have to eat enough to support your energy levels.

I can only work out 5 days a week at my age. I sometimes do 6 but often I can't. So I try to make each one count and just accept my limitations.

Yep, I get at least 1,400 to 1,500 calories in a day.

I really think it has to do with hormone levels. There are just too many symptoms going on all at once. I cannot wait to meet with the gynecologist tomorrow morning.

Alright, I saw my new gynecologist yesterday. Finally, I female doctor who knows about female hormones. Anyway, I spent over an hour with my new doctor discussing my concerns and medical history. Plus, we did the pap exam, breast exam, heart, lungs, and lymph nodes exam.

It was to funny, when she was pressing on my belly to see if I was hurting anywhere. I always forget about the port. So she is pressing and pressing. And she says, what on earth happened here and she was pressing and pressing. And truly it took me a couple of seconds to figure out what she meant. Then she says what is that lump and I say ohhhhhhhhhh that is my port and really you shouldn't pressing it like that. :)

Anyway, she knows it is my hormones. So I did blood work this morning for FSH. Follicle-stimulating hormone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus, Thyroid again. Plus, sugar test and several other tests. And it appears the cysts are back on the right ovary again and the cyst on the right breast needs to be checked again.

So my mammo and ultrasound are scheduled for next month.

Bloody hell old age is hard to deal with! I see the doctor again next week to discuss the blood result tests.

As a hairstylist i would tell you that surgery will afeect you big time 6-9 months after. thyrid levels,protein,biotin and there are products called nioxion that really help. Good luck

Ginnie

As a hairstylist i would tell you that surgery will afeect you big time 6-9 months after. thyrid levels,Protein,Biotin and there are products called nioxion that really help. Good luck

Ginnie

Yes, I agree that surgery does cause stress to the body and can affect hair loss. But my other symptoms in combination with the dramatic chemo style clumps of Hair loss reflects a hormonal issue.

Anyway, I see my bariatric doctor next week and my OBGYN doctor. The OBGYN ran and whole bunch of hormonal tests, which took 8 viles of blood. We discuss the results next Friday, so hopefully the mystery will be revealed. :thumbup:

All I know is that I want my life back. :(

Alrighty, I just returned from my bariatric doctor who also believes my thyroid is out of whack. My hormones are working against me.:tongue2:

You know it is bloody hell getting older. I am not a spring chicken any more and it takes me longer to recover. And I don't like the fact that I have not been able to exercise for three weeks :)...The dizzy spells are maddening.

Anyway, my bariatric doctor is willing to adjust my thyroid meds. However, I have my follow up appointment with my OBGYN doctor this Friday, so we can review all the lab work I did last week. I don't want to change the thyroid meds yet, until I hear the news from the OBGYN doctor.

We are getting closer to solving this issue. However, I only lost 1.5 pounds in 5 weeks, which is an issue pertaining to the thyroid (OBGYN, Bariatric doctor, and I agree on this).

The good news is I did not gain weight, but the bad news is that when the doctor pulled out the fill today, I lost more Fluid. Just .5cc, but last time it was 1cc and the time before that was .5cc. So the doctor placed the Fluid back in and I will have my next fill under fluro. I am waiting for an appointment.

Finally, some peace of mind and from lab work results. My thyroid level was out the very low end of what they call the "normal range." A result like this combined with all the symptoms I have been exhibiting requires a modification in thyroid meds.

My symptoms include extreme hair loss, joint pain, feeling cold, loss of memory, inability to concentrate, uncontrollable hunger, body aches, tiredness, and difficulty walking. This all started back the second week in January and we are just not addressing all these symptoms. Some times it is so challenging to get a doctor to listen to what your experiencing. All though I was testing in the "normal range," I was feeling anything but normal. My quality of life was impeded by all these symptoms.

Anyway, my meds were adjusted last Friday from .088mg to .1 mg. It's hard to believe that a little organ AKA "thyroid", can wreak havoc on your body when it is not working properly.

The OBGYN doctor states it can take two weeks before the new meds start yielding any results. I have a follow up appointment with her on April 6 to do more blood work and go over the mammo and ultra sound results.

Glad you found some resolution.