Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help with ideas

Hi Everyone-

I am 50 years old and was banded on 8/19/08 and have only lost 30 pounds since then. Not what I expected. I always was a slow loser but thought I would have more success with this. I was wondering if some of you could post what you eat during the day. I do get in my Water and have joined a gym where I do the half hour circuit room then 1/2 hour treadmill. I try to get in 60 grams of Protein a day. I have 40 more pounds to lose and am getting discouraged. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mary

Breakfast Protein bar or Protein shake

lunch 3-4 oz tuna with light miracle whip

or salad mixed with chicken breast and fat free italian dressing

dinner chicken or fish baked with veggies

snack in the evening sf popcicle

I say keep doing what you are doing, make sure you are getting ENOUGH calories and your metabolism will kick back in eventually.

Breakfast is Apple cinnamon oatmeal with a splash of milk

3 hours later snack of yogurt

lunch is chunky type of Soup or stew

3 hours later snack of cheese or yogurt or cottage cheese

dinner is Protein i.e. 3oz chicken/beef/fish

green veg and some type of starch if I can handle it.

It seems like a lot but eating every three hours really helps keep the furnace running. I eat so little of what I do eat that it all works out.

Hi Mary,

Don't lose faith - we didn't gain all the weight all at once, it took a long time to get on us, so be patient and pat yourself on the back for losing 30 pounds!!

I would second the comments that you need to make sure you are getting enough calories - if not your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto weight...What is your fill history??

So here the answer to the question you asked!! (I'm 51):

Breakfast: yogurt with nuts (that gets me 30+ grams of protein) (I really stay away from liquid Protein like shakes because they don't leave me feeling full like food does)

Lunch: a salad w/dressing or 2 slices of turkey, or a hamburger patty (no bread), or a can of tuna with 1 T of mayo

Dinner: Beef, pork or chicken breast (usually can only eat 1/2), 1 cup of salad with dressing.

When I snack I will have nuts, chips, fruit, but at my current fill level I'm so restricted I seem to be eating my meals for 1-1.5 hours! I take 2-4 bites, get the feeling of being so full, I have to stop for 15 min. before I can eat more.

I "cheat" with chocolate, chips, alcohol and carnitas (pork) tacos :)! Again, I'm so restricted that even if I do "cheat" it's a very small amount.

I exercise 5 days a week on average - on cardio days I do 30-50 min. on strength days I do the machines for 20 min. then cardio for 20 min.

Hang in there :w00t:- NSV's and giving yourself credit for what you've accomplished can help put things in perspective. All the best,

Keep on plugging you will get there!

I eat:

Breakfast - either - one package of oatmeal mixed with fat free yogurt or egg beater omelet( 2 or 3 servings of beaters) with one slice fat free cheese and some veggies or a few fake bacon bits in it.

Lunch- usually a Protein Shake with strawberries skim milk and Bariatric (sp?) Advantage or Unjury. - Sometimes no berries but ice cubes, instant coffee and sweet & low.

dinner - lean Protein and veggies

Snack- one bag of 100 calorie popcorn, Two 60 calorie string cheese and two 25 calorie diet hot chocolate.< /p>

Also Vitamins, Water & ice tea.

I eat about 1000-1200 calories per day and about 80 grams of protein. This keeps me full all day.

Hope this helps

Thanks to all of you that answered, it was a great help. I took so long answering because I have been having major computer problems. Still not much progress but I am feeling better about things.....still plugging along.

Thanks again,

Mary

My nutritionist recommended 70-100 gr of Protein so ayeb you could boost your protein, watch fat and carbs. . .

my center of excellence also recomends 90-100 grams of Protein. They also say that the Protein Shake is the best way to start your day with the best type of protein. They say 3 meals and a protein shake, and that first protein shake should be within the first 3 hours after you get out of bed.

Hi

After I finish my coffee I make a smoothie with Kale,skim milk, Protein powder, whatever fuit is in season. I will mix it up and sometimes use all vegetables and a banana. I drink half in the morning and the other half for lunch. It helps a lot with Constipation and getting all of the Vitamins you need. I hope this helps.

Everyone-

I am 50 years old and was banded on 8/19/08 and have only lost 30 pounds since then. Not what I expected. I always was a slow loser but thought I would have more success with this. I was wondering if some of you could post what you eat during the day. I do get in my Water and have joined a gym where I do the half hour circuit room then 1/2 hour treadmill. I try to get in 60 grams of Protein a day. I have 40 more pounds to lose and am getting discouraged. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mary

hi....my weight loss is slow...but i have arthritis so movements are slow, and metabolism is also slow.this is depressing isnt it...

c13104af23b9307.png[/media]

hi....my weight loss is slow...but i have arthritis so movements are slow, and metabolism is also slow.this is depressing isnt it...

c13104af23b9307.png[/media]