Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my smartlipo today!!!

Well today I had smartlipo done on my arms and it was so easy and completely painless. Now my arms are real swollen but the Dr said that this is the biggest they will be and it is downhill from here. I really could not believe how easy it was. I told the Dr why would anyone want the other Lipo when this one is so easy. If anyone has any questions please feel free. I go back on the 20th for my abd and flanks and I can't wait!!

I told my DH that for my 40th (next year) I'd want some smartlipo for my chin. I wonder if they'll do it in that area?

OK to answer all three questions:

They first numbed each area with a needle. These areas are where they were going to make very small incisions. These are where they insert the tubing and so forth. There are four very small incisions on each arm. After in numbed (which was very fast) they took a large syringe with a lidocaine/saline solution in it. They went to each incision (Which I will call port) and infiltrated the arm. They put an entire litre of Fluid in each arm. If anything was going to hurt I thought that would but again on a scale of 1 to 10 it was about a 2. This totally numbed the entire upper arm. Let me tell you, this was the most relaxed thing I have done. They gave me some awesome soft socks to where to keep my feet warm. They played music and even at one point brought me some food in to eat because it took 5 hours. Anyways, after they infiltrated the arm he went in with a verytiny laser and with an in and out movement started melting the fat. It was weird because as he was doing that some fat was coming out too. That took about an hour (He was very thorough). Then he suctioned it out with a small suction catheter. We talked and laughed the entire time. They gave me a xanax and lortab before the procedure and that really helped. It was completely painfree. They do the chin as well. MY dr said that that was the best area to do because you could see results almost right away. My arms are real swollen right now and the solution is still leaking from them but they give you compression garments to where with bandages. This morning I feel a little more sore but I can't tell if it is from the procedure or from the garment because it is so tight. I will keep you guys updated!!

Please let me know how it comes out. I have not lost all of my weight yet, was banded in oct, but this something I will have to research as I get closer to goal. Does it help with loose skin or just make it worst? hope the pain continues to just be minimal as you heal

Well it is day 2 post smartlipo and here is what I am experiencing:

Still swelling and now some bruising is being noted. Arms still feel real jiggly like Jello but Dr said that will go away.

The pain is minimal still. I have worked out (did yesterday too) at 25% of what I normally do (dr said walking would help the swelling tremendously). I have cleaned house, done laundry, and vacummed all with little or no pain.

The biggest thing that is annoying is the compression garment that he has me wearing. It comes right down below the elbows and it is causing my skin right in the crook of my elbow it hurt and is red. I got some gauze pads and put them there as a barrier and that has seemed to do the trick.

There seems to be no more drainage and the incisions are healing just fine.

My hubs and I measured my arms yesterday and the initial measurement pre Lipo was 15", they were 14" yesterday and that is with all the swelling and Fluid still in them. That made me feel good.

I also went into my closet and tried on a bunch of shirt that either never fit around my arms or were tight and I was elated to see that they all fit just fine now.

So that is my update. I will do this whenever I feel it necessary to do so!

That's great. I had a braichoplasty and it sounds much more traumatic. I lost 4 inches on my arms, but I also have the ugly scars. I think you're going to like your arms alot!

Wel do far so good. Pain in still very minimal. I would say over Valentines which would be 3 days out I was really itchy and that was driving me crazy. Now tomorrow I am getting my abs and flanks done and I just couldn't be more excited. Again the worst part of this is the compression garment. I ordered a different one because the one they gave me I swear I was allergic to. It was breaking out my arms and causing some rubs . The new one is heavenly. It needs to be tighter so I had to order another one which should be here tomorrow. SO far my arms look still swollen but smaller. I have had no prblems keeping up with day to day life with it and that is great because I am one busy momma. Hopefully I will get some pics tomorrow. Til then:wink_smile:

Jaymie: Glad you're doing so well. Are you also having smart Lipo for the flanks and abs? I just remember when I had lipo of the same areas, I was very, very sore. Maybe I should look into Smart lipo for my remaining areas? Anyway, keep us posted. Good luck!

Woohoo! I do have a question, did you take B&A pics? SmartLipo is something I wanted to look into, but I don't like going by the ad pics for it, I want to see real pics..

This may seem like a silly question, but one that I've always been curious about. I'm sure for "normal folks" (for lack of a better word) that have always been thin, that post Lipo their skin has some elasticity and can just snug right back up to normal.

But for those of us that were once or still are rather obese and have been for some time, after you have lipo like this, aren't you left with loose skin ? Something I've always been curious about and would like to hear ! Thanks in advance, especially if the answer to my question is really obvious.

Thanks !

OK I am home and a little drowsy from the lortab and xanax they give you so please excuse any typos. Well I am leaking like a sprinkler but in no pain whatsoever. I suspect I will be more sore tomorrow when the lidocaine wears off. I have nine little holes where they went in. I was there for seven hours. That was a little long for me but they were so great that right before they lipoed me they brought me an awesome grilled fajita salad. It was wonderful. The longest part in when they infiltrate you with the lido saline solution mix. While I was there the local TV station called and asked if they could interview him. I do have before pics but I am going to wait until a month out then post before and after pics. My arms are still swollen and right now I look like I am five months pregnant. They put 5 liters of salinein my abd and flanks (yes that is what I had done). I am TOTALLY serious when I say this is soooo easy. The pain is so very minimal it is just long that is it. Because he lasers the entire area before he sucks out the nasty fat it promotes collegan and in turn tightens your skin. He says it will not completely tighten it but he thinks I will be satisfied. He thinks I will go a couple of pant sizes down. I am so weird because I really enjoyed watching him do it and saying bye bye to the fat. I will probably leak for the next couple of days but oh well. I hope I answered all your questions. Please feel free to ask!! Thanks so much for the encouragement. You guys are the BEST!!!!!:tt2::thumbup::thumbup:

Well last night was a little rough. I was really dizzy all evening to the point that I called my Dr at 11pm. He said it is completely normal and it is a side effect from the lidocaine because they use so much. That made me feel better. I took a lortab right after I called him. I also took a childrens benadryl because I was a little nauseous and that always helps me. I woke at 230am sore and a little fever (completely normal) and took some tylenol. I then woke at 630 am (you would think I was nursing a newborn) with the same. I also took a childrens bendryl because I was nauseous then too. I also ate chocolate pudding just cause it sounded good to me (weird). Well like I said I pretty much leaked a lot of Fluid out because when I got home I weghed myself and I was 186 and thismorning I am 179. I took off my compression garment to wash it and I am so happy. I look thnner! A lot thinner!! Even my husband said "This worked". So I am so happy. I am just going to take it easy today. I am still dizzy a little so I am not going to do anything crazy. So this is my update!!