Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill and being stuck

hi there i had my first fill about a month ago i am having a tuff time with eating its seems about eveytime i eat i take a few bites and i have the stuck feeling withthe food in my chest just sittin there i told the dr he told me thats is just the band working what am i doing wrong any suggetions and how i could eat better with out gettint the stuck feeling in my chest thanks julie

well, obviously, chew to goo everything. Is absolutely everything getting stuck? If this is the case, you might need a slight unfill. Even a .25CC unfill can make a big difference.

What food lube are you using? What foods ae you eating? Do you have trouble with mushy foods too?

Cheers!

Reasons for stuck:

Not chewing well enough

Too big of a bite

Taking the next bite too soon

No food lube

Just like Vinesqueen said. Now, Stuck at the band is different from having that last bite that won't fit into a full pouch. Either can cause a PB.

If this happens after a few bites, then it's not a full pouch scenario. Slow down, add Lowfat sauce to foods...anything will do...ketchup? mayo? flavored mayo? dipping sauce? barbeque sauce? tonight I had Ranch Style Pinto Beans and mixed in cut up chicken breast to lube the chicken in the bean sauce. It was yummy and did the trick.

Try the above suggestions. If you are still getting stuck, an small unfill will definately help.

Yeah, what she said :) (Vinesqueen is ALWAYS right!!!)

hi there i have a 10cc band with a 2cc first fill it is a large band i don,t think it is to tight i can drink and take mushy foods ok and ther is some days i can eat without a hitch is it posble to be tighter on different days of the month i notice i was more tight around my monthly cycle itr happento me twice already yes i need to eat more suces with my food it relly is a new way of eating everything any hints on getting rid of the stuck feeling fast thanks julie

The first bites for me at every meal give me the same feeling, no matter how much I chew or how small the bite is, it is after the first few bites that I no longer have the tightness in my chest.

Julie,

Hope you are doing better. You are already recognizing that time of month, sauce, etc are influencing your band. Time of day and weather does alot too. A few others on the board noted that they were tight when it was hot/humid.

I am tighter in the evening but now that it has cooled off I am not nearly as restricted. The band is a learning experience.

I am new to the boards but so far have loved what Vinesqueen has to say -- seems pretty good advise to me.

As a side note, I am not familuar with the support group. I live in Edmonds, Washington and was banded 8/3/05 and really need a group any suggestions?

The first bites for me at every meal give me the same feeling, no matter how much I chew or how small the bite is, it is after the first few bites that I no longer have the tightness in my chest.

I just started doing this after my last fill. I just wait for a few minutes and then I am fine.

At each meal the first few bites are like this for me too. I just need to get up and do something for a few minutes. It almost seems like the muscles in the throat are slowed down and it takes a few minutes to move the food into the stomach. I don't think I have too tight a fill, I just need to take longer between bites.

What do I know? I haven't had a fill yet, but after reading what you all wrote, I am wondering if it would also be a good rule for us never to get too hungry. When you are really hungry, you want to eat fast, which might cause that stuck feeling...how does that idea go over? Maybe it is already a rule, and I am too new to know it!

Cindy