Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just don't think I can do this.

I've stayed away because my weight doesn't move, and hasn't. I'm depressed, but I finally called my Doctor for a fill. My last one was the first of October. I've been putting it off because I really hadn't lost any weight since my last fill and I don't want to deal with that.

I feel like a failure. I have a hard time not drinking when I'm eating and eating the right things, and I have never had proper restriction anyway so I am sorry that I haven't been around dear hearts, but I couldn't be happy for anyone or encouraging, I was too depressed about my own situation.

I have been excercising. I've been trying to make better decisions but it doesn't move the scale and hasn't in months. I started off at 330 lbs and was hoping to be 100 lbs down by now. I feel so sorry for myself.

Anway. That is why I haven't been around, I just haven't wanted to deal with it.

I'm sorry you guys.

(((HUGS))))

:confused::cryin::thumbup:

I am so sorry RSG. Please don't give up! See the dr, and get a fill, and keep up the effort. Now is the time to keep posting here, let us try to help.

You are NOT a failure. Not in this, not at all! You have lost weight - maybe not what you wanted to, but you HAVE lost weight. This is NOT a race. This is not a contest - against anyone or anything including scales and especially your expectations.

Think of what you have achieved: You have LOST weight; you ARE exercising (which is so good for you regardless of weight loss or not); you have knowledge on what you need to do, and insight into what your particular challenges are; you have a team behind you....that's right, you have the VV's.

Please, don't give up. Rant, rave, scream, weep, but don't give up. Get a fill, and keep on trying.

You CAN do it.

(((((adding Big Warm Hugs)))))

Aw RSG, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. Tap gave you some excellent advice, please do that and hang in there! You can do this! We all have bad times, I know I stayed away for awhile too, when I thought I wasn't doing good. I was hoping to reach my "goal" by my bandiversary (silly me) but I've learned to be happy with what I have done. This isn't easy, and like Tap said, this isn't a race or competition.

Please don't be sorry! I'm glad you posted here, that's what we double V's are for, to help each other through the tough times. You are not alone in this! Get your fill, keep exercising, and you will see results!

Hang in there with us, ok? Just Keeping Swimming! :confused:

RSG,

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I totally know what you mean about not wanting to post when you're not doing well. I do that too, but really that's when we need to post and seek out the encouragement.

Good luck with your new fill and hopefully it will kickstart your weight loss and get you moving again. Seeing the scale move is so motivating to me. It's hard to keep on going when the scale is stuck and it feels like nothing you're doing matters anyway.

Hang in there and keep trying. Good news is you have a band inside you. You can choose to work it to your advantage at will. That is an amazing thing.

Melissa

RSG - I was wondering where you were. I look forward to your posts. Sorry to hear you are discouraged. I can relate! I've been stuck for a while now myself.

Soooo I decided to make some changes. I'm going to Weight Watchers tomorrow to sign up and I started the Couch to 5K this past Wed.

Do them with me? We can motivate each other! One thing is for sure......If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you always got. I'm not getting anywhere with my current routine so I decided I needed fresh motivation.

What do you say?

Awww RSG, I'm sorry.

You haven't failed; you've lost nearly 70 lbs in 1 year. That's an awesome accomplishment! You lost it and you didn't regain it, that's an even better accomplishment.

It's been 6 months and I've lost 35 lbs. I won't lie, I'm disappointed with it and it's not at all what I thought I'd have accomplished by now, but hey, it is what it is. It's a loss and it's a loss that won't come back. I didn't gain all this weight in one year so if it takes me 2 or 3 years to lose it all, then that's fine because every year, the starting point is a smaller starting point. Without the band, who knows where my weight would be now?

YOU CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT. WE WILL DO IT!!!

I cried today...but I called the doctor and scheduled my fill. It's on Feb. 23rd. It's always hard to get in there, but I took a step.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I am just so low with this. I am trying to concentrate on other things, but Damn it. I'm just sad.

I'm crying now actually. I never really cry, so now you know how much you all mean to me. I really mean that.

Tapshoes, thank you for trying to track me down especially. I just felt so ashamed and alone and usless. I couldn't face it, but I got the emails saying that you had sent me messages again and that is why I came back. One day I really want to meet you, I just hope that when that time comes their is less of me to meet.

Okay I have to get offline for the rest of the day so I can concentrate on other things and maybe work out, but I will catch up with all the old post soon.

I missed you all, I really did. I know that we don't really know each other in real life, but I truely love you guys. I have never had internet relationships before, but you guys are just as much my friends as the ones I have in my own town.

RSG - now I'm crying! Such a warm heartfelt post. Your sincerity is obvious, as is your pain. You are special to me as well!

Congratulations on getting your fill appointment - that's an important step. It is what you need; you are taking control of your body. Don't let the Dr intimidate or berate you or make you feel bad. You are there for his/her help - not judgment! the past is over, you are taking charge! Get the fill!

Keep on exercising - it is so good for you, not only your physical well being but also your mental health! If you can do a little more than the previous week, do it. If you can add in one extra walk a week, then do it. If you can take one more flight of stairs, or park just 100 feet further away at work/mall or just anything do it! I'm sure the dog would love an extra walk or two. Don't set yourself up to fail by saying I will do lots of everything every day - just commit to doing a little more at least once a week. Make that your starting point.

I know you are an artist by inclination and talent...can you use the passion/emotion you are feeling now to create rather than hide or eat? Use your talent (of which I am soooo envious) and get your emotions out...and maybe it will also act as a deterrent.

Don't compare your progress to anyone. You are you - unique. Special. One of a kind. Your journey to a better you will be too!

Keep posting. We are here for you.

You CAN do it. We all CAN do it.

Hi RSG & VV's My value cannot be judged by a # on a scale. I got the band so that I could have HELP in being healthier. Ready you are healthier than last year and so am I. That is true in just reading all the VV's. You all have helped me in this journey. For me to post at all is a very hard thing, yet, here I am. Use every tool that is offered, band, writting, exercise, art, prayer, hugs,etc. When you find something that helps you have shared with all of us. I have not been able to do that. You have all given what you could. Thank you!!! The weight counts but the love and support makes VV's special. That means you Ready. Audrey

Girl, you aren't alone! I'm going through the same thing. I haven't lost anything for like two months. Haven't really gained anything either. I had to get that big unfill and have been putting it back in so slowly that its just not making any difference when I get the fills yet. But, I notice when I come on here, I usually get back on track and feel better about what I'm doing. we should do it together!

CoolCrystal - so happy to see your post. I miss your posts.

Ready, I sincerely feel you. If you would like to talk, email me. I hope you feel better really soon.

RSG: I totally sympathize with you. I was starting to feel discouraged and like a failure after 2 months with no loss. I just got another fill and think I have finally found my sweet spot. I'm glad I didn't give up. I feel much better now and hope for a great weight loss has returned. Hang in there!!

Cool Crystal- Okay, let's get in the zone.

Korky- I'm glad to hear that

LilMis- I heart you lady. I might have to take you up on that the next time I can't put down the candy.< /p>

Audone- Thank you for up vibes.