Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question about PB'ing

Hey guys,

I want to know if there is a difference. Lots of times when I get food stuck I just slime it out until it clears. I hardly ever have to really throw up like when your reflexes take control. Is it still considered damaging when you just burp out your food. Because it doesn't hurt or anything. It's just annoying. If that does happen do I need to wait 24 hours again to eat. Because it happens often to me but I just burp out slime and go back to eating a couple of hours later until I eat normal again. Is it okay? I hope someone understands what I am trying to say. Have a great day everyone!

I am going to give you my most serious warning...

Don't get into the habit of doing that. It is very bad and I did it all the time to where I would do it on purpose some days so I could swallow what I wanted to. Kind of like bulimia. It came back up so smooth that I didn't think it was really a PB.

I got a fill that was probably just a little too tight but at the same time if it were any looser, I had very little restriction so I left it there tighter. What began to happen is every time I would eat or begin to eat, I would spit up the first few bites because my stomach would spasm I guess. Well, that became the habit and then it got irritated and then I got reflux and then I got tight tight restriction because of inflamation and then I got dehydrated because every few days I would have a day that I could not keep anything down, not even Water.

Then I had the fill removed and it was still tight and I felt like my esophagus was swollen. But guess what, it was a slipped band. My stomach was too enflamed to reposition it and it was taken out last Monday : (

I am so stupid.

It was not hurting me to BP.

The food came up so easy.

I was doing it 3 + times a day!

I didn't think it was hurting me because there was no real forceful vomiting type thing!

I am sad...

So, my advice....

DON'T DO IT.

BE CAREFUL.

Hey Merced,

Thank you so much for the advice. I totaly relate because I would throw up slime after a few bites and then I would go back to eating without problems. I will be careful now thanks to you. I hope I'm not too late

I had been doing it for months so you will be fine if you just don't make it an everyday event.

Once a week probably isn't going to affect anything.

So, relax and be good : )

Have a great day!

Shannon I did lose a little but I also lost my band completely because of it. Tell her that she'd better listen b/c I didn't think it would happen to me ... it seemed so harmless ...

sadly it caused me to have a slip and a removal.

It also causes a person to get reflux.

It's not cheap either.

If she ends up having to have an emergency removal in the USA it will cost around $60,000.00 (a girl who had that happen told me that). In mexico my removal cost $3500.00