Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 16th bandsters?

I haven't checked in for awhile and thought I would do so. I am down about 20 lbs, was banded 2/16. I can also eat whatever I want right now, except for breads. I tried them and its too tough going down. So now more. This last week was spring break so I wasn't very good. During the school week I do pretty good though. So back to work tomorrow. I am working on getting my walks in, making it a routine. With the weather getting better, it is getting easier.

I had my first fill a couple of weeks ago. I only got 3 ccs. I need more though. I will go in again after school is out. Otherwise I am out of days.

Good luck to everyone else.

I haven't checked in for awhile and thought I would do so. I am down about 20 lbs,

Congratulations on your weightloss to date!! I got about 3.5 ccs on my first fill and the first week I felt some restriction. Now I'm able to eat just about anything again. I go for my 2nd fill on 4/16.

Good Afternoon everyone. :smile:Its that time of the week again to weigh in! I unfortunately have no loss to report today:crying:. I haven't gained anything either though, so I'm trying to stay positive about it. I do have one huge frustration however, and that is that I've lost about 30 lbs and its not that noticeable. I mean my clothes are a little more loose but not to wear I'm doing down a size. Everyone tells me they can tell in my face:huh2: but I know that I didn't have 30 lbs just in my face. I read on another thread that you lose it in reverse the way you gain it. Any one else feeling that way?

alcine, i totally relate. no weight loss for a couple weeks. it's so hard not get discouraged. on the up side, i've been measuring myself every week too and i've definitely lost inches on my waist and hips. maybe you could start doing that too. it will help to motivate you a bit during the no-loss times.

i've never heard of that losing in reverse thing before. i'm going to have to pay more attention. although, in all honesty, i didn't notice where and when i put the weight on. i just grew bigger.

i'm going for my first fill on saturday, and i can't wait! i definitely need one.

Me either, no weight loss! But I got my 1st fill today. They put in 5cc's. I felt the restriction right away as she was putting the saline in, and right now I think I drank too much (feeling a little nauseaus and some back aches?) anyway.. I hope this will keep me restricted for awhile. I can't wait to start dropping the pounds again. I am in the same spot you are Alcine. I don't think my weight loss is that noticeable yet. My face looks the same I think. I do feel my pants looser around my thighs and butt. NO NOT MY BUTT! Thats the one thing I want to keep lol!!! But I was able to put on a pair of jeans I havn't worn since 2007 and they fit comfortably. Not loose, but I could button and zip them w/ no problem. A little snug around the waist but not seriously. I just keep thinking *a year from now, a year from now* lol

i went for my first fill yesterday. I have a 4cc band and they started me out 1.4ccs. after sipping some Water, i could feel it just sitting there and not i was sure i was going to PB. they removed .6ccs so no i have .8ccs. the fill center nurses told me they doubt i'll need another fill for a long time (if ever). i'm a bit skeptical about this, but i'll wait and see. i was on liquids for 24hrs and just had some mashed potatoes for dinner. i definitely notice a difference. i have to eat slower, and take smaller sips of Water. i'm curious how it'll be tomorrow when i start solids again. i really hope this fill works for me, cause i want start losing again!!!

mrs mauricio, great news on the jeans!!! just think, in a few short weeks those puppies will be nice and loose on you :thumbup:

Good morning my friends -) Babe congrats on your fill! I wonder what makes them decide what size band to give everyone. I have a 10 cc band. Anyways, after stalling for two weeks I finally lost 2 more lbs and I have 9 more lbs to go to make my goal for the shrinko de mayo challenge. Also for a non scale victory, I went to burlington coat factory and I fit into a size 14 pair of jeans!! They're a little snug, but I can zip them up!!

Damn a 14??? Thats awesome! I havnt seen that size since I was 18 lol. The scale still has not BUDGED!!! I am so frustrated! Even after the fill I can still eat more than 1/4 cup of food. I don't eat as much as I did before the fill but it's aggravating me. I think I need to start keeping track of inches because I definitly feel the loss in my thigh's and waist and arms. My clothes are baggy in those areas. I started up my exercise again today, I had been falling off because they switched my work schedule n I just havn't gotten back on track yet. I also need to buy more Protein powder....I think once I do that the pounds will start to come off again...ugh...

hey all, totally bummed about my weight. i have not lost again this week and it is making me physically depressed. when i see the scale w/the same number my heart just drops. i cannot believe that even with surgery i am still not losing weight. i should have had gastric bypass. who was i kidding to think this would work:sad: i am working out and walking like crazy. i am eating 1200-1500 kcal and NOTHING. god am i disgusted!!!!

Damn a 14??? Thats awesome! I havnt seen that size since I was 18 lol. The scale still has not BUDGED!!! I am so frustrated! Even after the fill I can still eat more than 1/4 cup of food. I don't eat as much as I did before the fill but it's aggravating me. I think I need to start keeping track of inches because I definitly feel the loss in my thigh's and waist and arms. My clothes are baggy in those areas. I started up my exercise again today, I had been falling off because they switched my work schedule n I just havn't gotten back on track yet. I also need to buy more Protein powder....I think once I do that the pounds will start to come off again...ugh...

Mrs. Mauricio-

After my fill, they said I should only be able to eat a total of 4 oz. for each meal, and I know I can eat way more than that. I basically have been trying to stay between 4-6 oz of food and eat a lot more often so that I'm not starving. And yes get more protein!

hey all, totally bummed about my weight. i have not lost again this week and it is making me physically depressed. when i see the scale w/the same number my heart just drops. i cannot believe that even with surgery i am still not losing weight. i should have had gastric bypass. who was i kidding to think this would work:sad: i am working out and walking like crazy. i am eating 1200-1500 kcal and NOTHING. god am i disgusted!!!!

Iwalktheline- I'm really sorry to hear you're still not losing. I have a few suggestions that may help. I see that you are working out and eating less, however are you getting your required Protein in? I've noticed everytime I don't get my protein in, that's when I stall in my weight loss.

Have you been checking your inches too? You may not be losing weight but you may be losing inches, remember muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm not going to say anything bad about gastric bypass, considering it has worked with some people, but there are people who weren't successful on gastric and some who lost the weight and then gained it back. They also run the risk of mal nutrition and if they don't eat right they can also stretch their stomach. Personally, I feel the band is a much safer alternative and a bigger plus is that it's reversible.

Another suggestion is with your workouts, what are you doing? And how long are you working out for? I've read in a lot of places that when it comes to working out that you should switch it up because your body will get used to it and you will not lose. I found a very interesting article that might help you and anyone else that is struggling:

Do you ever wonder what the difference is between the "fat burning zone" and the "cardio training zone"? Surely you've seen these diagrammed in some way on cardio equipment, and perhaps you've noticed that the fat burning zone is an easier zone to work out in.But when you work harder and get your heart rate up higher, the zone becomes "cardio training," or "athletic training," and no longer "fat burning." So in an attempt to lose weight, you make sure to remain walking, stepping or pedaling comfortably in that fat burning zone.

But have you ever wondered how it is, that exercising harder burns LESS fat? How can this be? This shouldn't make any sense. You've probably heard that a greater percentage of fat is burned during the fat burning zone, which is also known as the aerobic burning zone. So surely, the best way to melt off fat is to stay in that fat burning zone, and to make sure you don't get too out of breath or too worked up, right?

WRONG.

The fat burning zone, indeed, burns a greater PERCENTAGE of fat, relative to total calories burned. But the higher intensity cardio or athletic training zone burns more TOTAL calories for the same length of time. This means that the total amount of fat that's burned with these calories, actually comes out higher than the total fat burned during easier "fat burning" work.

Let's do the math. Suppose on Monday, you use the elliptical trainer machine for 60 minutes. You stay within that target heart rate that correlates to the fat burning zone. You burn a total of, let's say, 200 calories. I choose 200 here arbitrarily, just for mathematical purposes. Everyone's metabolism is different, and calorie readouts on machines are based on an average-height, 150 pound male. You may be a 5-2, 170 pound female. So keep in mind the mathematical concept here, rather than how many calories your particular body might burn up in 60 minutes.So, you burn 200 calories in 60 minutes in the fat burning zone. Now, about 50 percent of those calories will be fat. 50 percent of 200 is 100. Remember that: You've burned 100 calories of fat.

Now, let's say on Wednesday, you get on the same machine, but train in the cardio zone. You pedal faster at a higher pedal resistance. You drip sweat. You hear yourself breathing hard. You huff and puff. After 60 minutes, you've burned 300 calories.

In cardio zone training, about 40 percent of the calories burned will be fat. Note: 40 percent is a smaller number than 50 percent. HOWEVER...what's 40 percent of the 300 calories that were burned? It's 120! Your total fat-calories burned were 120! This is 20 percent MORE fat burned, than what you did in your fat burning session on Monday!

'Nuff said.

I really hope that article may shed a little light too.

Now I'm not trying to sound like I know everything or that I'm being the perfect bandster (God knows I'm not!! lol), all the information I share is from stuff I've read and what I've been expierencing so far.

Please don't get discouraged and remember we all have to be each others support. Keep on trying and don't give up! I can't wait until next year this time when we've all hopefully have got to our goal or are really close and we can look back at these posts and see how far we've came! Hugs!!

iwalktheline,

stope scale watching!!! i've been losing and gaining the same 1-2lbs for the last 3 weeks and today i got on the scale and i was down 4 lbs. we've only just begun this journey. it will not happen overnight. and it might take a couple or more fills till your band is just right.

i can't remember, have you had your first fill yet? if not, schedule one soon. also, are you getting in enough Protein (50-60g) and Fiber (25g)?

take a deep breath, hide the scale, and take it one meal at a time.

((( HUG )))

thanks so much all for your kind words. i know in my heart that i did the right thing and that i DID NOT want bypass. way too radical for me. i should be glad for how good i feel so far. i feel better, i am doing step class, wt lifting, precor and i take an hour walk a day. all my clothes are hanging off me now, but the scale isn't seeing it. the truth is i am terrified of failing because i see this as a last resort. i have a big emotional investment in this whole thing (probably too much) i have had a fill and feel absolutely no difference. i am going to stay optimistic and will reach my goal, just not as quick as i thought. good luck to all and keep me posted on your success:smile:

thanks so much all for your kind words. i know in my heart that i did the right thing and that i DID NOT want bypass. way too radical for me. i should be glad for how good i feel so far. i feel better, i am doing step class, wt lifting, precor and i take an hour walk a day. all my clothes are hanging off me now, but the scale isn't seeing it. the truth is i am terrified of failing because i see this as a last resort. i have a big emotional investment in this whole thing (probably too much) i have had a fill and feel absolutely no difference. i am going to stay optimistic and will reach my goal, just not as quick as i thought. good luck to all and keep me posted on your success:smile:

I am there with you! I totally consider this the last resort and am desperately afraid to fail at this too. I have alot of high hopes riding on this thing but I am trying to keep it in perspective and know its just one day at a time. We will pass this bump in the road together :(

Hey gang. Sounds like alot of us are on the exact same page. I have watched my weight loss stall, or at least slow down since my first fill. The fear of failure is ever present. After my first fill, I had a little restriction for a few days, and then it was back to normal.

Yesterday, I had my second fill. My doc had planned on giving me 1cc, but after hearing I had no restriction, he decided to add 2cc's. Last night I ate about 1 tbsp of mashed potatoes and had my first SLIME episode. (may I just say that it is not at all PLEASANT!) All day I was having problems even getting liquid down.

Today, not much better. After a bite of yogurt this a.m, it came right back up. ICK! I am constantly feeling like I have food stuck in the bottom of my esophagus. It is quite uncomfortable. Even Water is hard to keep down!

This is all so new to me. But I am frustrated. I get hungry, yet can't eat. At least not more than a few tablespoons. So this is restriction...... I'm not loving it! :sad:

Hugs,

Hey everyone! So I had my 2nd fill today and boy did I need it! I haven't lost anything in the last 2 weeks. I keep going between 216 and 219 and it sucks. So I got 1.5ccs today hopefully that will help. I hope everyone else is good. :rolleyes2: