Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 16th bandsters?

Iwalktheline, I technically only lost 16lbs post op too. I lost 9 of mine during the pre-op. Don't get discouraged! We're all doing great!!!!

Good morning Feb. 16th banders!! Time to weigh in! I weighed in today at 219!!!:frown: Also I started the Shinko De mayo Weightloss challenge. How is everyone else doing??

Hi Alcine, congrats on the loss! I haven't lost a pound this week. It's kind of depressing, but since I haven't had a fill yet and I haven't made the best choices, I'm not really surprised.

Hi Alcine, congrats on the loss! I haven't lost a pound this week. It's kind of depressing, but since I haven't had a fill yet and I haven't made the best choices, I'm not really surprised.

Babe, I'm sorry you didn't lose anything. I know that fill helped me out a lot because two weeks prior to it, i had stalled at 226. Also I wasnt' making the best choices either...german chocolate cake..so evil but so good lol. How many calories are you taking in a day? And are you getting your Protein in? I noticed that when I started getting more Protein in, my weightloss started up again. Have you scheduled your fill yet?

i'm eating 1200-1500 calories per day and 50-60g Protein. I've noticed since banding that i'm not getting in the 25g of daily Fiber. most days i only manage 7 or 8. i think i'll add some benefiber. now that the initial post band high is over, the challenges of this lifestyle change are setting in. it's so easy to fally into old patterns. i was expecting this and even prepared for it, but reality is a whole different thing.

i haven't scheduled my fill yet, but i'm hoping to get to it later today. ideally, i'll be able to schedule it for this weekend or the next. the fill center i've chosen is a couple hours drive, so i need to plan it out.

Oh ok I understand that. It seems like you're doing everything you're supposed to do but I totally get the falling into old patterns thing. We just have to be stronger than that. I'm sure once you get your fill you will start losing again. That bites its so far away. In particular reason why you chose that?

i am going i for my first fill tomorrow and i am going to have to go back to liquids for a few days. i don't eat near as much anymore, but the weight isn't falling off yet. only about 1-2 pounds a week. i will let ya all know the update after the fill. i really notice a difference in the tightness of my band during pms. also a big decrease in appetite. before the band it used to be the opposite. anyone else notice this?

That bites its so far away. In particular reason why you chose that?

it's the closest fill center to me. the fill doctor near my house doesn't use fluoro and hasn't much experience. since i was banded in Mexico, i wanted my aftercare facility to be as experienced as possible to avoid any complications. when i emailed my surgeon about when i should schedule a fill, i was told 6-8 weeks post op. i can't say i like that, but i'm going to follow doctor's orders.

it's the closest fill center to me. the fill doctor near my house doesn't use fluoro and hasn't much experience. since i was banded in Mexico, i wanted my aftercare facility to be as experienced as possible to avoid any complications. when i emailed my surgeon about when i should schedule a fill, i was told 6-8 weeks post op. i can't say i like that, but i'm going to follow doctor's orders.

Oh of course always follow doc's orders. Well good luck to you and don't get too frustrated. I had to keep reminding myself that the weeks before my first fill were only for healing.

i am going i for my first fill tomorrow and i am going to have to go back to liquids for a few days. i don't eat near as much anymore, but the weight isn't falling off yet. only about 1-2 pounds a week. i will let ya all know the update after the fill. i really notice a difference in the tightness of my band during pms. also a big decrease in appetite. before the band it used to be the opposite. anyone else notice this?

I have noticed a difference during pms also. Good luck on your fill today!!!

Ugh I am stuck now at 25lbs down and getting discouraged b/c I can literally eat anythign I want to now. I still don't eat as much but it is very tempting and it's hard saying *NO* all the time to myself lol. I can't wait till April 1st to get my fill! I need it!

hey mrsmaricio i feel the same way. i had my first fill on tuesday. it didn't hurt much and i could feel it when the balloon around my stomach filled. he put in 1.5 cc and said i can come back for a fill everymonth for the next 6-8 months. he was thrilled to death w/my wt loss even though i have only lost like 12 pounds since 2/16. they said that most people lose NOTHING before hitting their sweet spot. WOW. i said i felt mildly disappointed, but they said some people take 2-3 years to hit bottom/goal. the fill helped about 25% w/eating. still hungry and still able to eat but only about half of what i used to. i am so happy i have this band. good luck and keep in touch:smile:

Ugh I am stuck now at 25lbs down and getting discouraged b/c I can literally eat anythign I want to now. I still don't eat as much but it is very tempting and it's hard saying *NO* all the time to myself lol. I can't wait till April 1st to get my fill! I need it!

I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost anything for a couple weeks. My I'm counting down the days till my first fill on apr. 4.

Hey gang! Hang in there! The week before my first fill, I only lost 2 lbs.

It has been 8 days since my first fill, and this a.m. I jumped on the scale, out of curiousity. I lost 7 lbs in eight days!!! HOLY CRUMBCAKE!! :angry: I was literally jumping up and down screaming!

Yesterday, I didn't have any clean clothes, so I had to dig through my closet. I pulled out a pair of pants I bought a year ago, and at the time, were a tad too small in the waist. Why I bought them is a good question. Guess I thought I could lose a few inches, no problem, and they would fit. :smile2: Anyway, I decided to try them on, not expecting them to fit. Not only could I get them buttoned, but they were waaaay loose!! I cried I was so happy.

It has been so long since I have been able to lose wieght like this, I am shocked at every pound. It feels incredible.

So just hang on! At some point, it all just kind of clicks and the weight does start coming off. :w00t:

Hugs,

shelly,

thank you, thank you thank you!!! you have no idea how badly i needed to hear this tonight.