Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Definately Unhappy....

Hey all!

I haven't been on here in a lonnggg time. I guess I've been trying to avoid even thinking about my band.

So far, it's really been a huge disappointment for me.

I've had 4 fills already. My fourth fill was the only fill that every worked- it worked for about 2 weeks and I lost 10 lbs, but then it stopped.

I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm drinking slim fast for Breakfast and lunch, and eating Lean Cuisine for dinner. I also run 4 miles 5 times a week. I'm really pushing myself, but its resulted in much more weight loss in one month than this band has done for me in 4 months.

I think a lot of the problem has to do with my Dr... I've been extremely disappointed with him. I don't want to go into details, but I was actually hospitalized a few hours after my last fill due to my doctor filling me too tight just to "prove a point".

It was the worst experience I've ever had- I was in so much pain I literally thought I was going to die. I must have vomited a bucket full of saliva throughout that night.

The Dr. refused to stop by the hospital and unfill me that night... he made me wait until the next morning. When he finally chose to see me, He showed no remorse- instead he lectured me. In the end, we got stuck with a $2,000 hospital bill.

It's at the point where I'm really scared to go back to him for another fill even though I need one.

Sooo... there's my update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Your doctor could be brought up on charges of malpractice. That was so negligent on his part. I would report him to Inamed if I were you.

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time of it. And yes I think some of the problems come from the insensitive sot of a doctor you have.

4 miles!! You are a goddess! Are you going to check out another doc? I am not banded, but just from what I have read, that sounds pretty messed up to me. Good luck.

Ooh yucky, that sounds awful.

I've come to realise though that the point of the band is that you still have to do things like exercise and diet and that you wont lose much weight or keep it off if you dont do those things.

Yeah, I definately understand that the band doesn't work on it's own... When I was first banded, I was still working out and eating much healthier than I had been.

Yeah, I'm with Penni, this isn't right.

what happened to "do no harm." I would definately be calling Inamed and possibly start malpractice proceedings.

I don't know if it is criminal to do something like to someone, but it is sure unethical. You deserve the best treatment, and that ain't it.

Please, please call Inamed and tell them your story so that no one else has to put up with this arrogant doctor. He was punishing you like a naughty child and deserves to be reported. I am pretty sure that Inamed would not approve of this behavoir...

Good luck!

I'm with everyone else - REPORT HIS BUTT TO INAMED!!!! And even though I'm not the suing type, I'd go into sue mode and seek the advice of a reputable lawyer.

Good luck!

Do you mind to drop his name? It's always good to flag someone like that to prevent others ending up in the same situation. Thanks.

Angel

I know that my dr (neal) in washington does fills for others who have been banded elsewhere. FIND SOMONE ELSE! someone with references. Where are you ? State? Maybe someone can help you find a new dr.

Just had my first fill today and I am sick. Nobody ever told me about all of this and I even attended siminars. Per my docotrs assistant who did the fill said come back in one month then every two weeks after that for your fills. So, today I had 2cc fill and in one month I go back for another then every two weeks after that for 5-6 times for fills. I will be 6 months out and would have not lost that much weight. Per his assistant I may even gain weight during this time. I was never told or even heard anything about this long drawn out process in the beginning. What a let down!!!!!!!!!!

So, I feel for you girl!!!!!!! I called my mother today and told her what was said and her reply was "I was afraid they were all making it sound so good to get you in and have this done."

I hope it does work and I hope it starts working for you as well!!!!!!!

I'd follow what everyone else said about that doctor. It's just unbeleivable that you'd go through all that AND get stuck with the bill because he decided he had to prove a point, when all you wanted was restriction...

NeeCee, that's not true for all bandsters. It will probably take you a few fills to get where you need to be with restriction, but it doesn't take too many people 6 months to start losing weight.

Yeah I'll say thats horrible. Report his sorry @ss.

Sorry you had to suffer like that, but you really need to find a good doctor who can help you. My brother Vinnie will pop his tires, just tell us where he is (jk).

HUGS

Hey Trooper!! Its me- glad to see you on the board again. So I think you should come to Michigan & see Dr.Pleatman next time you need a fill. Please check out his posts on LBT & his website. You will be soooo happy That you did. He is great! When you come up (5hr drive aprox) we'll do lunch together!

By the way You really should share this jerk of a Doctors name to inamed - you may save someone else from going through what you had too.