Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things that you miss

I chose to get a lap-band because I had a problem with Portion Control and not so much a problem with sweets etc. I have found that I can eat pretty much whatever I want with a few adjustments (ie:burgers with no bread) and less of it. The one thing I was told however was ABSOLUTELY NO CARBONATED beverages. And I must admit that I really really miss my Diet Pepsi. My family and I go camping once a month and the one thing I looked forward to at the end of the day was a Jack and Diet pepsi while sitting by the campfire.

So my question to all of you is...........Is there anything you can't have now that you really miss?

Just wondering.:cursing:

champagne - i love a good champagne & have tried several times...i just get a sharp pain in the left shoulder & burp all day.

small price to pay:wink:

There's nothing I really *cant* eat. Everythign will go down with enough work.

But boy, sometimes I jsut want to EAT, you know? Like not have to chew, not have to take it slow, I want a big serve of something I love and I just want to eat it with complete abandon.

Especially when someone else is feeding you, and you have trouble with what it is they've served. We ate at Mum and Dad's before a movie the other day and Mum made huge chicken and salad sandwiches. I dont particularly like sandwiches anyway, but it was like trying to eat a house brick!

That feeling doesnt strike me all that often though, and its a small price to pay for how I look and feel these days.

I mostly miss my 1 coke a day. I usually have it with my last meal (dinner). I just discovered Crystal light (Sunrise) ruby red grapefruit and it's delightful..but doesn't take the place of coke...{{{walking away sad}}}

I mostly miss my 1 coke a day. I usually have it with my last meal (dinner). I just discovered Crystal light (Sunrise) ruby red grapefruit and it's delightful..but doesn't take the place of coke...{{{walking away sad}}}

My doctor's instructions says to try carbonated beverages if you lay it out open for a bit to all it to go a little flat. I haven't tried a diet coke yet but boy do I love them. I hope I can still have one

I have to agree with you Jacqui. I would love to eat without paying attention to how well I chew, and have complete abbandon to my food. But that is what got me here in the first place. Its well worth it.

I'd like to sit and drink a LARGE McDonald's Sweet Tea with complete abandon. But then... the coldness mixes with my band and I am reminded to STOP. Which is a good thing...

I miss being able to eat in large volumes. But my proportion of missing that is far smaller than how much I am enjoying shrinking out of my clothing!

I don't really miss the food aspect, but I miss drinking from a straw! It is so irrititating to have to drink out of the cup at a restaurant. I guess I will get over it because losing weight is more important!

I don't really miss the food aspect, but I miss drinking from a straw! It is so irrititating to have to drink out of the cup at a restaurant. I guess I will get over it because losing weight is more important!

really - no straw?

i can't drink my Water w/out & at some public restaurants it's a must.

I am so with Jachut. I can eat anything, only a lot less of it. I would love to just belly up to the food bar and have at it. But alas, it shall never be, healthy living is now for me. (I am such a poet) :bored:

I miss being able to eat in large volumes. But my proportion of missing that is far smaller than how much I am enjoying shrinking out of my clothing!

Me too!:bored:

really - no straw?

i can't drink my Water w/out & at some public restaurants it's a must.

Yes for some reason the doc says no straws. The air probably.

I miss straws as well! Everything tastes better out of a straw. My big issue though is SODA! I miss my Pepsi so bad. There is nothing better than cracking open an ice cold pepsi while watching the Super Bowl. *sigh/pout*