Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Surgery on the 4th.

Hello I am new to this, I just had my surgery on the 4th. and I feel pretty good with the exception of my insides sounding like there is a monster in there. Is this normal? also I have a pain in my upper right shoulder blade when I lay on it, what is that?

I was having regrets up until I signed on to this website and started reading some of the posts.

I so wanted to just chew on a pretzel yesterday and just spit it out, but I was scared. I have been on the clear liquid thing and it's not fun, but I didn't do this to have fun, I did it to loose weight to be a healthier person for myself, my husband and my kids, I cannot wait to ride a rollercoaster with them!!! I also have had diarrhea since the surgery anyone experience this? Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!:cheeky

Hi HGNJ,

Congrats on the surgery. I can't say anything about the band surgery itself because I haven't had it done yet, but I can say that the shoulder pain is probably gas. I know lots of people that get that sort of pain right after surgery. I always get diarrhea and puke after surgery, I personally think for me its the anesthsia.

Where in NJ are you and if you don't mind me asking, who was your surgeon/hospital?

Hugs NJC

Hi Happy NJ girl! Welcome to LBT from another Garden-Stater. :)

Everything you describe is perfectly normal. Weird internal noises are not unusual, and will dissipate in time. And the pain is indeed from the gas they used to inflate your abdomen during surgery; it too will lessen in a few days. Diarrhea is normal too, and may persist until you start on more substantial drinks like Protein drinks.

Take it easy, rest up, you're still healing. Congratulations, you're a bandster!! :D

Congratulations on your band! You are on your way to a much healthier and productive life. The posts on here are great! A rollercoaster ride sounds wonderful especially with kids! Here's to a healthy new journey. Hope to see you in Bandlandia on August 29th!

DEEDEE

Congrats & welcome to the other side.

My stomach still makes noises & I am 2 month out. I had really bad shoulder pain for a week & then it went away. Walk walk walk. Your stomach will function better after your diet switched to mushies & semi-solids. You seem right on track. Enjoy!

I am from South Jersey and my Doc. was Dr. Samir Patel with Atlantic City Medical Center. He is wonderful as was the care in the hospital. Thanks for all of your responses!!!

Hey HappyGirlNJ, Congrats - you'll do just fine, i'm still waiting but the support from this site is unbelievible. These already bandsters are fantastic with the info, support and well wishes will get you thru this. Take care and hoping to see you in bandland soon.

Welcome to LBT and congrats on getting banded. IO wish you lots of success and I promise it will get better and you will be able to eat things you like again... just less of them. Keep us posted on how you are!!!

Congratulations on your band. I'm still on liquids too and well, not to be too rude, but, liquid in - liquid out. I had shoulder pain for just over a week - it hurt much more than my stomach. Anyway, they keep telling me, once we start actually eating we'll feel better. Good luck to you.

Hi I was banded on 3rd and yesterday I thought I was dying a slow

tourcherous death. Everything I drink makes my want to puke and

the runs omg I think I am so dehydrated I found that flat ginger ale

is the only thing I can tolerate. I had a fever too I don't know if this

is normal but man I feel like death warmed over. Everyone says to

walk well I think if I do I will fall on my face I am sooooo weak. I can't

drink the shakes they make me sick. I'm getting ready to try mushie

stuff even though its only been 5 days.