Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Peas.....

Thank you sooo much, that is so very kind of you. I have to be honest sometimes I feel like I'm invisable on here so i truely appreciate that. You are doing GREAT....How is your restricion coming along? I know you are about to get your 3rd (I get my 1st fill this Fri).

I honestly think I have some restricion with the band alone, it's really hard to say for sure since I don't know what restrition honestly feels like, but I eat small amounts, rarely snack in between and eat at least 3-4hrs apart.

Rachaele1....in my personal opinion high protien/low carb is the best meal plan for a healthy lifestyle. I think our bodies want natural foods that aren't ladden with chemicals and additives (that doesn't mean that's what our minds want though!!) I know it's hard to get off the carb train, but you will thank yourself once you do. Like Jennibells I'm not really "counting" but just trying to be very aware of what I put in my mouth. During my Pro-op phase I told the Dr I was planning to follow more of a "SouthBeach" menu, she said that combining that with my band should give great results. You just have to remember it's LEAN protien....not eat all the meat/fat/cheese you want. I've never been an Atkins-girl, but that carb count sounds more like an "induction phase" # to me, I would add back what u need to still have some energy and feel good, just try your best to make it healthier carbs (whole grain, freash foods).

Good luck and happy shrinking!!!

Ms. Shrinking, please keep me informed after your fill, to let us know if you feel anymore restriction. I have my first fill on 05/12 and I am hoping it will help. Although I do not think I have completely fallen off the wagon, I know I am eating alittle more. I also fill some restriction when eating. I get fuller alot faster but I am always wanting more. I know that is a head thing. But it is so hard I work at night and sitting all night looking at a computer I want to snack. So I am really hoping for more restriction. Good luck with your fill and keep up the good work.:thumbdown:

I don't know if you sawmy post above, but the fill went great. I know have 3cc in my Realize band (but don't get another fill for 8wks.) I really have a hard time deciding if what I feel is restriction or if I'm just telling myself "you better stop." I eat until I'm comfortable, still eating on baby plates (not salad plates, I'm talking a real divided baby plate here folks). I don't eat between meals, I will occassionally have a small snack, but that's rare.

I'm still frequently a member of the "clean plate club," but my portions are very small to begin with, so I don't feel too bad about that.

I don't know if any of you can relate to this but my husband (supportive as he is) is driving me crazy(er)!! Everytime we eat togeather after about 3 bites he says "are you feeling any restriction yet?" and then I feel guilty for actually eating my dinner. I try to make sure that my portions are in line with what I should be eating. I know he's trying to help and be supportive, but sometimes I just wanna slap him...ugh!!

~Monica

Hey all! :thumbup: I got my band on March 27th, 2009! Im kinda depressed, because as of last friday I have only lost 15 pounds...any suggestions?? I had my first fill then! This is all so new for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

I don't know if you sawmy post above, but the fill went great. I know have 3cc in my Realize band (but don't get another fill for 8wks.) I really have a hard time deciding if what I feel is restriction or if I'm just telling myself "you better stop." I eat until I'm comfortable, still eating on baby plates (not salad plates, I'm talking a real divided baby plate here folks). I don't eat between meals, I will occassionally have a small snack, but that's rare.

I'm still frequently a member of the "clean plate club," but my portions are very small to begin with, so I don't feel too bad about that.

I don't know if any of you can relate to this but my husband (supportive as he is) is driving me crazy(er)!! Everytime we eat togeather after about 3 bites he says "are you feeling any restriction yet?" and then I feel guilty for actually eating my dinner. I try to make sure that my portions are in line with what I should be eating. I know he's trying to help and be supportive, but sometimes I just wanna slap him...ugh!!

~Monica

I can relate! I just had my first fill last friday and I still feel hungry all the time! I have only lost 15 pounds and that is so depressing for me! I go for another fill the 15th of may, I hope that helps me more! I just want to get this weight off.....Hang in there! Its nice to have someone to talk to!

~Monica

My fill went pretty good...I didn't punch anyone in da eye....I got one and 3 quarters cc in today....I will be on liquids for 24 hours.....I can relate 2 the hubby thing cuz mine keeps saying the same thing....He can tell it really pisses me off cuz I give him THE LOOK.....I mean he should know better than anyone else that I have no restriction yet, I can understand other people saying or thinking that....:thumbup:

I could eat a small cow right about now.......:smile:

Tekker...

I'm sorry the process is going slow for you, but atleast your fills are close togeather, with any luck you will start feeling some restriciton soooon!

Until then I suggest using mind games and making wise food choices....eat foods that are lean and high in protien, that's gonna stay with you longer then if you eat simple carbs. Make sure you are drinking plenty of Water, and maybe try the baby plate trick. If I put that little amount of food on a regular dinner plate I would wanna cry....but since it fills up the baby plate I feel like I'm eating more.

As for being depressed...DON'T BE!!! Your doing great!!! that is 15lbs that you will NEVER see again!!! That should make you feel great. You lost weight during the healing process, you are ahead of the game. We don't all lose massive amounts of weight right outta surgery, but there are also people who gain between post-op and their first fill....you weren't one of them so that's something to be pleased about. You must be following the band rules because you are already having success.

I think We are ALL guilty of judging our success simply by what number the scales decide to display that day. My birthday is next week and I'm not getting on the scales until the day of. I'm hoping for a gift from the scale (so if i write a nasty post next week you'll know I didn't get one LOL). I think we need to be pround of ourselves for not eating the Cookies in the pantry, or walking by the chocolate at the front desk, getting off the couch and going for a walk or to the gym. Don't decide that you are not doing well becasue of the number the scales show you that day....Look at the big picture.

Hang in there and Happy Shrinking!!

~Monica

Oh and for the record....I've only lost 18lbs since surgery the other weight was during my 6mths pre-op so I'm right there with ya!!

Hey everyone in the lucky loser club! I had my first fill yesterday and all went well. They put in 4 cc and suppose to go back in 4 weeks for another 1cc. My scale was off from the office's, so I was disappointed as well with my loss because it looked like I had only lost 8 1bs. since surgery, but the nutritionist told me I was doing great - which I was suprised. She stated that they don't expect us to lose any weight before the fills because we didn't have any restriction. My doc also told me that I may not see a huge difference with this first fill, but should feel it when I get the extra 1cc. So, on I go. Does anyone else feel that there living from fill to fill? :bored:

Well, good luck everyone and it is nice to have some contact on here with others who know how we are all feeling.

Have a great weekend everyone! :redface:

Hey everyone in the lucky loser club! I had my first fill yesterday and all went well. They put in 4 cc and suppose to go back in 4 weeks for another 1cc. My scale was off from the office's, so I was disappointed as well with my loss because it looked like I had only lost 8 1bs. since surgery, but the nutritionist told me I was doing great - which I was suprised. She stated that they don't expect us to lose any weight before the fills because we didn't have any restriction. My doc also told me that I may not see a huge difference with this first fill, but should feel it when I get the extra 1cc. So, on I go. Does anyone else feel that we're living from fill to fill? :bored:

Well, good luck everyone and it is nice to have some contact on here with others who know how we are all feeling.

Have a great weekend everyone! :redface:

To Big Momma is Shrinking......Thank you so much for being such a positive voice on this form.....THANK YOU

To Big Momma is Shrinking......Thank you so much for being such a positive voice on this form.....THANK YOU

Now I'm blushing....

I think we all need to hear that we are in this togeather, not everyday is gonna be a cake-walk (sorry for the reference). We are all gonna have bad days and screw up from time to time. But I think we need to be each other's cheerleaders....so Yeah For US!!!

God knows we all beat ourselves up enough....no reason to beat each other up too. Sometimes you just need to hear words of encouragement.....I'm a big believer in acknowledge that you screwed up, forgive yourself, and then don't repeat the same mistakes.

On that note....Happy Shrinking Lucky Losers (and anyone else who chooses to pop in here).

~Monica

Hi Everyone,

Just had my first fill on Wednesday. Initially I could tell I had a little restriction when I drank the Water at the Doctor's office. It felt like water going down the drain in the bathtub. Today is Friday and I really can't tell that I have had a fill. The Dr. said the band already had 3ccs in it before the fill. He put 2 ccs more for a total of 5ccs. My biggest problem according to the nutritionist is that I am not eating enough. I use Daily Plate and Calorie King (can't decide which one I like the best) to track my calories and carbs. My calorie intake has been around 800 a day. I am not losing, so she told me to bump my calories to 1000-1200. I can't figure out how I can eat that much. Anyone eating 1000-1200? How do you do it?

Hey Everyone,

Why don't come join the rest of gang over on the March 2009 forum instead making this the thread that never ends.

We have a whole forum to ourselves guys. USE IT!!

March 09 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

Just wanted everyone to know I had my first fill yesterday. It went really well, they put 5 cc in and it felt a little weird. I can kind of fell alittle change when I eat. But the great news was I have lost a total of 26 pounds. My surgery was 03/30/09 and I did the 2week liquid diet before. So I am feeling really good right now. I hope all is well with everyone.:):)

Oh and for the record....I've only lost 18lbs since surgery the other weight was during my 6mths pre-op so I'm right there with ya!!

Big mama is shrinking - I have to agree with the person who said how positive you are and your post to trekker is what we all need from time to time. Sometimes people don't take the time to do that. YOU are great!

Trekker - I lost 8 lbs - in the liquid diet before surgery - and I've only lost 8 lbs since. So my total is 16 lbs also. I waited 8 weeks to get my fill - didn't gain anything until the last 2 weeks of that time with no restriction. I gained 4lbs. Now I've lost 7lbs since my first fill 2 weeks ago.

I'm making a commitment to exercise daily b/c I absolutely know that is what is slowing my progress. Good luck to you and you are NOT alone!