Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I know exactly how you all are feeling! I have found Freez Ice popcycles ( I think that is the name), or other diet popcylces are just a few calories but seem to make me feel better. Also, I eat a lot of salad with fat free dressing. Another trick has been sugar free Life Savers help. I fight wanting to eat at night. That is when I have found it the hardest. Fortuately, I do have a script for Lunesta, and right now I take it every night. That way I go to sleep without thinking about food. I hope any or all of this helps someone. Hang in there! We will make this work, expecially if we keep supporting each other!!!!!

Marty

I know it's hard amd it really sucks waiting for our fills....my 1st on isn't until May 1....today is my first day back on solid foods....and I have 14 days of that b/4 my fill...being doing ok so far.....

As far as being hungry all the time try eating more protien rich foods they are going to stay with you longer. The more sweets and carbs (yes even s/f) the more you are going to crave....

Just keep repeating....This is ONLY Temporary, This is ONLY Temporary...

Hi all!~

Thanks to everyone for the congrats... Big Momma Shrinking, teachergirl,texasgal09, etc.. I am also so proud of everyone! Candice1205~ way to go girl! That is so great! Mom2six~ (I can't believe you have 6 kids... that alone is an amazing accomplishment! Hang in there!) Snereb27~ yes, it is tough. I have had two fills and I still fight hunger every day. It's worse at some times of the day (like night). I have some really dense Protein Bars from my dr's office that I cut into little pieces 1 bar/ 10 pieces. They require me to either really chew the heck out of them or suck on them. I usually find that I will do 3-4 pieces and then I am ok. At least they have Protein in them and I don't feel bad. My new stand by is the OIKOS brand of greek fat free yogurt. They have the individual ones. They are 5.3 oz... 90 cal and 15 g of protein. I like to put splenda and cinnamon on it and they are really creamy and satisfying. They have coupons too. Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt: Coupons

From what I have read it seems the average # of fills before people feel real restriction is 3 (at least for the Realize band). After each fill, I find if I eat something really solid, like filet mignon steak... and sweet potato or butternut squash, that I do feel somewhat "full" for a few hours. If I eat any slider type food, then I don't feel any fullness. In the afternoon I make my protein supplement... I use the light soy milk (50cal/cup), a 20g protein powder/scoop (like unjury), 1/2 banana, 4 frozen peach slices, and 1/4 cup of blueberries, and I add some SF Divinci Syrup and throw it in the magic bullet. This is what carries me from lunch to dinner. Either that shake or a Muscle Milk Light in the bottle pre-mixed. (160 cal, 20g of protein) They sell those at Publix (my local grocery store) and I love them.

This week my parents flew down from NC to visit us. (me, hubby and my 5 year old son, Nelson). They are so supportive of my band and new healthy lifestyle. They actually ate exactly what I ate tonight, just a bit more. My mom is a retired nurse and is so helpful with all this. She went with me to my fill and to my support group. I am so blessed!

BTW, do you guys have support groups through your surgeon's office/hospital? I have found the two meetings I have gone to SOOOOOOOOOO helpful. It's so motivating to see those that have gone before you. There was a gal there that had her band a year and a half ago and has lost 150lbs! I stared at her almost the whole meeting! She looked awesome. There were also bypass patients there. I highly recommend a group meeting though.

ok guys. Keep strong this weekend!

peas out~ Laura

O.K. peeps I gotta vent....I know I have been sounding a bit negative lately but I am starting to panic.....As of yesterday I have been fighting w/2 lbs. coming and going since Easter....I AM hungry alot but I always try to keep busy....My exercise has not been as good as it should have because walking kills my foot that is in need of surgery.....So I use the my exercise bike and my a$$ is killing me yet I still exercise 5 times a week...So anywho last night I fell off the band wagon I ate as though I had no band w/ NO problems and it is scaring me....I am not due a first fill till May 5th and quit honestly I am still so sore at the port I don't think I could handle it at the 1 month mark....I know my doc is funny w/fills and at this rate it could be 3 or 4 months till I get restriction......I don't mean to trip but I am so scared of falling........Anyone else feeling this way?

Oh newsflash as of this morning I am no longer struggling w/2 lbs. it is now 4 I ahve gained 4 frickin lbs.....Not happy I will change my ticker today...did I mention NOT HAPPY......

Hello everyone......I had surgery on 3/30 my stomach is bigger now than it was before surgery. Is this true for anyone else,my stomach just seems so big and bloated. This is the MAIN part of my body that I want gone....

Oh newsflash as of this morning I am no longer struggling w/2 lbs. it is now 4 I ahve gained 4 frickin lbs.....Not happy I will change my ticker today...did I mention NOT HAPPY......

I'm so sorry that you are struggling. I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. Many of us newbies are currently in bandster HELL! I am one of them. I'm struggling with losing and gaining the same 4-5 lbs each week since I've been on solid food. I've also eaten things I know I shouldn't have.

I believe this is what we need to do...

We need to put the scales away! I weigh everyday and I'll put it away if you will!

We need to EXPECT and truly BELIEVE that this band is going to work! We've gone through too much for it not too!

During this time as we are waiting for restriction, we need to learn to be patient! This is something most of us (especially me) struggle with on a daily basis. We need to continue exercising and striving to eat the best that we can each day. We also need to follow our doctors orders as well as write down everything we are putting into our mouths to hold us accountable to ourselves.

Most importantly - do not give up! We will fall, we will have trouble. But, we will also pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off and keep on going!

We can and will do this!

We need to EXPECT and truly BELIEVE that this band is going to work! We've gone through too much for it not too!

During this time as we are waiting for restriction, we need to learn to be patient! This is something most of us (especially me) struggle with on a daily basis. We need to continue exercising and striving to eat the best that we can each day. We also need to follow our doctors orders as well as write down everything we are putting into our mouths to hold us accountable to ourselves.

Most importantly - do not give up! We will fall, we will have trouble. But, we will also pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off and keep on going!

We can and will do this!

You could be a motivational speaker! Or one of those coaches at half-time you see in the movies, where the team pulls it together for the win.

I'm so sorry that you are struggling. I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. Many of us newbies are currently in bandster HELL! I am one of them. I'm struggling with losing and gaining the same 4-5 lbs each week since I've been on solid food. I've also eaten things I know I shouldn't have.

I believe this is what we need to do...

We need to put the scales away! I weigh everyday and I'll put it away if you will!

We can and will do this!

O.K. I will try not to let it get to me....And although I won't put the scale up I will try not to weigh daily.....Thanks for the motivation and your weight loss thus far is impresive...Good Job....if I had 30 plus lbs. gone I would freak so much over the 3 to 5 lbs. that torment me....;)

Hello everyone......I had surgery on 3/30 my stomach is bigger now than it was before surgery. Is this true for anyone else,my stomach just seems so big and bloated. This is the MAIN part of my body that I want gone....

Conetha, my surgery was 3/26 and yes I am still having some bloating in my stomach. I'm also still having lots of tenderness mostly around my bellybutton. I can only wear jeans for a cpl of hours before the waistband is just killing me.

Try to be patient we are still healing and it will take some time for the swelling to go down, but just think how food you will feel when you wake up one morning and your tummy is MUCH flatter!!

Everyone is right! Expect and believe! You will do it!

I haven't had my surgery yet, but as a nurse, let me tell you. Your belly was pumped full of air and things were moved around in there. Organs don't like that so they swell up in protest from being touched! Pretty soon they'll forgive and forget, as long as you give them everything they need to heal up - Protein and lots of water!

I believe in the power of positive thinking, I've seen it bring patient's back from the brink. Practice some relaxation techniques and positive visualizations. Visualize yourself getting smaller. Fake it til you make it, hold your head up high as if you just weighed into Onederland.

We are all in this together- thank God for the internet! :blink:

All of you are soooo motivational. I get my first fill on May 6th. I think EXPECT and BELIEVE are great motto's for us.

This process has been so interesting. I think the best thing I have found that works for me is eating on a small plate.

I have had only one setback so far. Now that the swelling has gone down and several weeks have past since my surgery on March 16th, there is a lot less restriction. I had one really bad day when I binged on Friday and felt no restriction. That was scary.

I had a long talk with myself and came to the forum for inspiration and tried not to kick myself. I'm really glad I had the surgery. I will take one day at a time and aim towards winning.

You folks are GREAT!!!!