Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Hi All! My surgery date is set for March 7. I'm on day 3 of meditrim and missing food immensely. I haven't cheated yet because I see a goal in sight but I tell ya I am not a very happy person and feel sorry for the people around me right now. My lack of food has made me extremely irritable.

Hello all March Melters.....

:w00t: My surgery day is March 9th, It's been a very very long fight but I can finally see the light.....LOL..

I started my 2 week liquid diet yesterday, and found that I had to "modify" a little, I had and now again have such a terrible headache, so I added a little Protein, 2x today...

Basically it's been Adkins Advantage shakes and chicken broth for almost 24 hours...I can do this I know I can...however this liquid diet is challenging...I'm up for it though.....Good luck everybody....

Hi y'all. My band date is March 9th too. I only have to be on liquids for one week before, but it was strongly suggested that I cut way back starting this week too. It sure is a struggle! I do just fine until I get hungry, then I get irritable and defiant. What's wrong with me? I can't imagine how I'll get thru next week.

p.s. Lucky Losers won the name poll.

THE FAITHFUL MARCHER'S. MY SURGERY IS MARCH 16,2009 AT 9:30 A:M. MY PRE-OP IS MARCH 12,2009 AT 8:45 A:M. ALL FAITHFUL MARCHER'S GOOD LUCK :w00t:

weight.png

Edited by ree2009

so we are officially the Lucky Losers.

maybe that will bring me some Lotto luck too !!! Hah !!!

Hey all! So glad to be a Lucky Loser... only a week and a day till my surgery! wehoo!

Hi LUCY LOSERS:biggrin: my surgery date is March the 9th...I am having a horrible time with the liquid diet....I called the assistant at my surgeons office today and informed her that I had fainted yesterday....she wasn't surprised at all...okay???...she told me to add another shake :smile: to my regime'!!! Seriously I have worked my tail off to get this surgery approved...and this two week liquid thing is so not ok with me. Why is it that some patients are required do this diet for only 2 days and others don't have to do it at all....???? But I have to do it for 2 long weeks? I am not a person that leans toward eating "fatty" foods. I haven't been to a fast food joint in over 2 years....I don't drink soda....I am a carb junky person who's had to learn to balance protien and veggies as my main meal, I am only able to have carbs one time a day and it has to be wheat based! I havn't had white break in 5 years...Yes, I know some of you doubt this...go ahead call me a liar at this point I don't really care...my problem is eating too much of something or not eating enough in one day...the nutritionist say's I've been in Ketosis for a very very long time....Here's the important part....I'm considering cancelling this surgery totally! I don't know that I want to live for the rest of my life no being able to choose when I want to eat or drink somehting...I want to be able to have a glass of wine with a friend when i choose to...I want to be able to enjoy a draft on a Sunday afternoon watching the football game...I just think that this may be too a drastic measure for me...Yes I don't want to be a 20/22 size forever, but does the rewarded wieght loss really make-up for being able to share or chose to take part in many many events??? I am so torn and I have no idea what to do...someting inside of me is telling me not do do this, no to go forward and have the lap-band placed....please help......Oh and I am extra extra grouchy because I have this terrible terrible headache that began hours after I started this liquid diet..sorry for the attitude...:cursing:..thanks to whomever reads this and takes the time to listen to my grumpy butt vent...

Hi there,

Obviously I haven't been banded yet, so I'm not a complete expert, but first of all, I wanna say don't give up hope! My first few days of the liquid diet were utter-hell, but I'm now one week in and it's a lot better. Not just cause I'm in ketosis, but cause I'm used to it.

Hi LUCY LOSERS:biggrin: Here's the important part....I'm considering cancelling this surgery totally! I don't know that I want to live for the rest of my life no being able to choose when I want to eat or drink somehting...I want to be able to have a glass of wine with a friend when i choose to...I want to be able to enjoy a draft on a Sunday afternoon watching the football game...I just think that this may be too a drastic measure for me...

About what you said about your reasons for considering canceling.... You aren't gonna live your life with no choices. If you choose to have a glass of wine sometimes, it isn't going to kill you, it just might slow down your weight loss a little bit. Beer could be iffy cause of the carbonation, but really, I don't think that at the proper restriction, there is anything you'll have to avoid completely, just some things you'll have to enjoy in moderation, or knowing that you're choosing to enjoy that food or drink at the cost of a loss that week - which I think is a totally realistic and fine thing to choose sometimes.

I hope you start to find pre-op easier, and let us know if there's any way we can support you!

xox

angie

Thank you Angie....how is it that your so philosophical at such a youg age??

I am going to do some more reading on line about the "after"

restrictions....I'll keep you updated...thank you again...Kerrie

I am waiting for my liquid diet to start on 3/1 and I am wondering if some of you that have started already could give me some advice on what stuff to buy and things like that. I know it's going to be hard but I am so looking forward to the change I'm about to make. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

I am on day 2 of liquids and I'm dying. What it seems like people are liking are the Optifast shakes and Unjury (I think it's called that). I couldn't find those and keep trying random different ones and feel like I'm going to pass out. Good luck!!!

PS You're so lucky that you only have to start on 3/1 - my surgery is the day after you and I had to start yesterday.