Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

those who were banded in mexico

Hi if you live in Toronto or surrounding area I can refer you to a fill nurse and dietitian which you will need once your banded.I paid 5500 on Jan,29,09 in Mexico.

Hi Mom101,

I was banded in TJ and have been having a problem finding a fill nurse in the Toronto area.

Could you please post the information..

Thank you

Hi if you live in Toronto or surrounding area I can refer you to a fill nurse and dietitian which you will need once your banded.I paid 5500 on Jan,29,09 in Mexico.

where did you go and what was your experience like? I just got a letter offering this surgery for 5500.

I used Dr. Ortiz in TJ and have also used him for my fills. I love the OCC and have not had any problems in TJ. It is a great place as long as you are sensible. Best wishes.

hi, which clinic/doctor did you surgery. i have done some searching at it seems to be aroun 7500usd. thanks sandi

thebariatricgroup.com is advertising that they charge 5500 USD for the lapnband. I am also interested in this but I am trying to find people that have had it done there for references.

thebariatricgroup.com is advertising that they charge 5500 USD for the lapnband. I am also interested in this but I am trying to find people that have had it done there for references.

I have received the same from Dr. Kelly TJ for 5500.

I am more interested in the sleeve and want feedback from anyone in Canada wanting to go or has been there but I am going to go to Mexicala - Dr Aceves I think. Price is the same and he has done far more surgury in this area.

Why do people go for the band rather than sleeve?

Is it cost?

Tempting for that price for sure but like I said I don't think I am going to go with the band if they accept me for sleeve.

Why is the Canadian dollar so worthless ? Sure didn't take long to go from at par to 132 for 1 USD ..crap:mad:

My timing always was bad :thumbup:

The peso has also gone way down, that's why the pieces have dropped in dollars. I just went to Dr. Aceves for a fill on Saturday and the cost for the flouro was only $60 instead of $75 because of the exchange rate.

As for why I chose the band over the sleeve, I was not interested in cutting off a perfectly good part of my body. I realize it takes longer to lose the weight and you have to work at it, and it requires follow up but I was OK with all of those things. With the band everyone has their individual "sweet spot" yet with the sleeve it's an irreversable one size fits all. That just seems odd to me. The potential for revision from band to sleeve is there but not the other way around. I'm just a chicken, what can I say! LOL. With that being said, Dr. Aceves is the best choice for either (and yes I'm biased ;-)) I believe he is doing more sleeves then bands now because of the demand. The day of my surgery I was the only band and there were 2 others getting sleeved.

I think people get the band instead of the sleave because the band is adjustable and there is quick recovery. I am gettinf my fills done here in Toronto. I am not going back to Mexico for anything. There is a good support network here available.. Good luck !!

Hi Spincan...

Where r you going for fills? I require my first one and have not been successful in finding someone to do fills in Toronto...

Thanks

I think people get the band instead of the sleave because the band is adjustable and there is quick recovery. I am gettinf my fills done here in Toronto. I am not going back to Mexico for anything. There is a good support network here available.. Good luck !!

Where and when did you go in MX Spincan?

Was is because you didn't qualify here or didn't want to wait? I know it's much cheaper.

I just got a letter from NIS that after Doc faxes referral it will be around 1 yr to get an appointment with Surgeon etc so far away. :sneaky:

I am looking into getting a lapband in Mexico. I am not yet sure on the doctor and it is very confusing. I dont have much money and I also need to find a doctor to do my fills back here in Canada. Can anyone recommend a doctor close to Mississauga that can do my fills? You can email me at steffh84@gmail.com. I really need to get this done.

Thank you,

Steff

:)

I used Dr. Ortiz in TJ and have also used him for my fills. I love the OCC and have not had any problems in TJ. It is a great place as long as you are sensible. Best wishes.

hi bandiva. i am from victoria. i am going to tj may 18th for banding on the 19th. if you are interested i would love to meet for coffee and chat with you about your experiences and post op stuff. i am a nurse in victoria. if you are interested my email is kookaburra64@gmail.com. thanks, sandi

I am looking into getting a lapband in Mexico. I am not yet sure on the doctor and it is very confusing. I dont have much money and I also need to find a doctor to do my fills back here in Canada. Can anyone recommend a doctor close to Mississauga that can do my fills? You can email me at steffh84@gmail.com. I really need to get this done.

Thank you,

Steff

:sneaky:

Good luck finding a doctor in Ontario who will do your fills and aftercare if you go with a band clinic in Mexico. Most people have had a lot of difficulty so research this carefully before making a decision.

Best wishes,

I have received the same from Dr. Kelly TJ for 5500.

I am more interested in the sleeve and want feedback from anyone in Canada wanting to go or has been there but I am going to go to Mexicala - Dr Aceves I think. Price is the same and he has done far more surgury in this area.

Why do people go for the band rather than sleeve?

Is it cost?

Tempting for that price for sure but like I said I don't think I am going to go with the band if they accept me for sleeve.

Why is the Canadian dollar so worthless ? Sure didn't take long to go from at par to 132 for 1 USD ..crap:mad:

My timing always was bad :sneaky:

Have you considered going through OHIP to get your VSG as they now cover it at specified doctors? Many people who get the sleeve use it as a first step in later getting the full DS (duodenal switch) as the sleeve will stretch out after so long which may result in not reaching your goal weight or result in some regain.

Have you considered going through OHIP to get your VSG as they now cover it at specified doctors? Many people who get the sleeve use it as a first step in later getting the full DS (duodenal switch) as the sleeve will stretch out after so long which may result in not reaching your goal weight or result in some regain.

I am actually heading heading to MX for VSG on 27th.

I don't qualify here with BMI of aprox. 36 ..

I don't want to gain weight for it and have no co-morbities (YET)

They are about 1 yr to get an appointment to even see them. I don't have that kind of patience so I guess I dole out the cash.:rolleyes2:

Anyway really excited ..

What is the Duo - Switch ? The sleeve isn't supposed to stetch much at all.

Of course you have to learn to exercise and eat good in the mean while. I do eat well just too darn much!