Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekend Chat - August 7 & 8

Good Morning,

I thought it would be good to start a daily chat. Anyone wanna join in?

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

I have a BBQ this afternoon and alot of cleaning to do in the house. Other than that, nothing much is happening. I'm really hoping I can do good at the BBQ today, I'm gonna try to stay away from the food area, but you know how that goes :)

Then tomorrow I have to do some cooking for the week, laundry and some play time with DD.

How about you, any good plans?

I am working on a Project for one of my classes for school. Then I am gonna hit the pool and just chill.

Tomorrow going to the Farmer's Market to get some fresh fruits, veggies, and flowers for the house. Then more Pool chillin.

Then later in the day will start on the next class in my semester.

Penni what grade do you teach? when does school start in CA? Here in NJ school starts the day after labor day. My DD will be going to Pre-K this year :)

Relaxing by the pool sounds dreamy. DH was talking about getting one next year, I can't wait. Water exercise is the best for the body, no impact. Enjoy.

I have to laugh at the comment "what grade do you teach". I don't teach school I am taking classes online for my Bachelor in Holistic Nutrition and Doctor of Naturopathy. I hope to have my Bachelor by Spring and then the doctor degree by the following spring.

School starts here on Sept 6th. My son will be a senior this year. UGH!! Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday he was imitating Urkel in his Ninja turtle underwear with his sister's glasses on. LOL!! I actually have a pic of him doing that. Anyway, I digress.

Penni what grade do you teach? when does school start in CA? Here in NJ school starts the day after labor day. My DD will be going to Pre-K this year :)

Relaxing by the pool sounds dreamy. DH was talking about getting one next year, I can't wait. Water exercise is the best for the body, no impact. Enjoy.

Study here today and all day yesterday too. I have a busy week ahead of doctors appointments (see the surgeon on Tuesday!!) so I have to get it done, have a big assignment due for Narrative And Genre on August 18 and next w/end will be busy coz its my birthday.

Doug is taking the boys and Eliza to a football round robin today for the last day of the Aussie Rules season - my 8 year old played this year. Its a grey cold rainy Melbourne winter day.

Penni, thats awsome your going for your degree. So I have to ask b/c I know nothing about what your going for. Once you get your degree what field would you be going into. Nutritionist (sp?) ? Bravo to you !!

If I ever go back to college it will be on line. I am not one for sitting in class. A few years ago I went to a local college and took Gerontology, boy oh boy did I feel awkward sitting with all those 19 year old kids LOL.

Jachut, nice to meet you. Tuesday I also go to my (well I hope he'll be my surgeon) surgeon's seminar. Yesterday I mailed the letter from my GP to my insurance company. The insurance company said it would take about 2 weeks to find out if I'm approved. Jeepers, its winter by you, thats so wild because here in NJ, USA its summer and you can't get any hotter than its been lately. 90 - 100 degrees.

I just came back from a BBQ. It was nice and lots of fun. But you know what I couldn't stop thinking about was how I would be eating if I was banded. It was a sad feeling in a way but then I was thinking about how much better I would feel and look once I lose some weight.

Hope your all enjoying your evening :)

Penni, thats awsome your going for your degree. So I have to ask b/c I know nothing about what your going for. Once you get your degree what field would you be going into. Nutritionist (sp?) ? Bravo to you !!

If I ever go back to college it will be on line. I am not one for sitting in class. A few years ago I went to a local college and took Gerontology, boy oh boy did I feel awkward sitting with all those 19 year old kids LOL.

Yes I will do a consultation for people interested in better nutrition. And this is a good way for me to explore better eating habits as well.

Good Morning :)

Its a beautiful sunny day. DH and DD just came back from walking the dog. Can't wait to lose some weight so I will have the energy to go with them.

No big plans for today except laundry WHOOOHOOO lol..... (((not))).

How about you?

8:30 Wake up and get DS up

8:40 Weigh myself

8:41 Move scale 2 feet and try again

8:42 kick scale

8:45 Breakfast for DS

8:55 Breakfast for me

9:15 Go to gym

10:30 Come home shower and weigh self

10:31 Identify potential battery problem with scale

11:00 Able to fit in 4 year old new shirt for first time

11:15 Check in on LBT

11:16 Determine today's new thread by defacto cheerleader NJCHICK

12:30 Luch for DS (age 3) Nuggets or macaroni & cheese

13:00 Elmo video for 2nd time today

14:30 Pick up DW at airport (our vacation is over)

15:00 She is happy to see us

16:30 "if you had time to go to the gym every day how come you couldn't do the laundry."

16:45 Check in on LBT.

17:00 Keep myself occupied by finding something to sell on Ebay.

Hi NJChick!

WoW! This weekend is nearly over. Friday night I had a meeting to attend. And yesterday we had some good friends come eat supper with us - we grilled hamburgers! Together we have 7 kids - and what a great time we all had.

Today? hmmm, I think Im gonna take Penni's idea and go relax in the pool! Mike is gonna take the kids 4 wheeling - so Im gonna have some much needed quiet time in the Water :)

So Ivan, how come you didn't do the laundry LOL :) jk

Did the scale finally show you what you wanted to see?

Paula, the weekends go by way to fast, it should be the other way around 2 days of work and 5 day weekends, doncha think. I dread the thought of getting up at 4:30 am :D but, somebody's gotta pay the cookie bills LOLOL

I have to stop looking into my neighbors yards, every time I see their pools I start to drool... good things are worth waiting for, good things are worth waiting for, good things are worth waiting for... OY. lol

Well back to helping DH with his new project.....he is building DD a bedroom set and it looks beautiful so far. I'll take pictures when its all done. He really is a great craftsman.

See ya