Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

early january banders

There is a great website called caloriecount.about.com that I use to keep track of everything. Then I can get a month worth of analysis. I looks like this:

Date Calories Grams Fat Carbs Protein Grade

2009-01-22 1,178 1,550 24 182 56 B+

2009-01-23 1,252 1,425 32 182 53 B-

2009-01-24 1,028 1,211 19 121 90 A-

2009-01-25 901 1,051 13 93 89 A-

2009-01-26 1,260 834 66 173 96 B-

2009-01-27 980 678 41 122 79 B

2009-01-28 939 383 25 94 71 C+

2009-01-29 640 284 22 39 61 C+

The grade is for the choices of food during the day like too many carb or fat.

Well, it's great to hear form you all. Take care.

Wow, Glenda!! That's a great site. Thank you so very much. I've been very, very naughty the past two days and deserve a D minus. While I did try to choose wisely, I ended up both days in situations where I gave up and ate carbs. Bad Lena! I could sure use those carb grades.

I just started with the caloriecounter.com site today, and it is pretty cool. I haven't finished inputting all my foods today, but I have had an A so far today. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Hope everyone is well.

I was always content to get C's in school

-I am still the same way now.

I don't like anything lower though!!

Glenda,

I'm trying to figure out if I am using the calorie counter site correctly. I finished inputting my food for the day, but there is no overall grade. Is there something else I need to be doing?

Glenda,

I'm trying to figure out if I am using the calorie counter site correctly. I finished inputting my food for the day, but there is no overall grade. Is there something else I need to be doing?

Click on the analysis button for your daily grade. Then at the bottom of it you can get a readout for a week or month.

I went to the free Denny's Breakfast today, and ate less than half of it! All Denny's menu is on that calorie site! I will get a bad grade today!

Hi everyone.. I was banded on January 12th and feel bad as I am eating pretty much anything that I feel I can handle with no problems. I did the liquid for 1 week and then mushie for a few more days and then went to eating soft foods. NOw I don't eat anything that I cannot chew to death, but am not feeling deprived for the most part.

I had my first fill of 3cc's in a 9 cc band on the 5th. I don't think that there is still much restriction. However, I learned very quickly that I MUST eat slow and chew well. If I go too long and eat too fast I am finding that it is very painful to have spasms and wait until things go down or come up. I have not had any come up but spend a few minutes trying to get it calmed down. :eek:

Does that mean there is no restriction? I would say no but that it is not great.. when I got the fill, I did liquid for a day but then back to what I was doing for the most part.

I am hoping for another fill before being gone for 2 weeks the end of the month.. :thumbup:

So far I am so excited about the band. I am certain that it is the answer for me. I knew that the 12th was the first day of the rest of my life. so far, I still think so.. It is a wonderful thing!!!:)

WOW!! That sounds like me!!

I was banded on Jan 9th, then also has my first fill Feb 4th. Same thing, I did liquids the 1st day.. etc.. OK- I still feel like I can eat like I did before the fill. I don't even have any of the "spasms". I have been chewing my food like crazy- just in case. But, every once in a while when I slip up & dont chew as much, it's been ok.

I know that I have lost almost 20 lbs.. But, this whole past month has been nothing but pure will power. Could I have lost this much weight by will power before the band to lose weight?? Nope.. I just don't want to screw things up inside - especially when I can't see it. However, I'm finding it frustrating that I can't feel anything.. I am just going by.. I guess I should stop eating, or people are watching me eat- I shouldn't eat anymore.

I do remember the restriction that I had after surgery- I guess that is what I am expecting. (and I liked it) :)

How are y'all doing now? I've hit two plateaus, had 4 cc's put in my band on my second visit, and I've got a pile of clothes that need re-tailoring.

Any good stories to tell?

I had my second fill last week. The first couple of days, I could feel more of a "restriction" but, I am back to "normal" again. So, I am stuck on no losing any weight. However, I am not gaining any weight. So, I guess that's good. Yes, it's been 2 months since surgery- I've lost about 20 lbs.. That's more than I can say for the past several years!! :thumbup:

I dont want to admit it though- I have not done any exercises.. My work schedule is hard to get those in there. I work 4- 10 hours days.. On the days that I am off.. I'm exhausted from trying to catch up on laundry, house cleaning & etc. But, I do feel that I have been staying more active than before. I rode my horse last weekend.

My eating habits have changed. In a good way. I have completly stayed away from breads!! Better thing is, I dont crave them either- along with pasta!!

Even thought this seems to be a slow process of losing weight, I feel that it's all good!! :crying:

Hi everyone,

I had my second fill yesterday and got 2.5 cc. I did lose 7 1/2 pounds during the last month, but was hungry all the time. I didn't feel any restriction from the first fill. Right now I'm feeling some fullness after I eat my portion. I will say that I am so happy with the lapband. I've lost a total of 38 pounds since the surgery, so I'm not complaining. I will also admit that I haven't been exercising either. I might get in 1 or 2 days, but that is about it. I really need to commit myself to exercise. I finally started eating salad last month, I missed my salads. The only real restriction I have is fruit skin. I haven't gotten it caught, but I have noticed it is hard to get down, so I just go ahead and peel everything. Has anyone had any food restrictions?

(snipped for brevity) I finally started eating salad last month, I missed my salads. The only real restriction I have is fruit skin. I haven't gotten it caught, but I have noticed it is hard to get down, so I just go ahead and peel everything. Has anyone had any food restrictions?

I miss salads, but only because I never have room for side dishes anymore. Seems like I fill up just looking at food these days. Nice change, huh?

Besides breads and things, the only real restriction I've had was with cold meat on a picnic. I'd been eating Scottish eggs with no difficulties, but they'd been warm. The half a cold one at the picnic had me yarking in a hurry. I took the other half home, warmed it, and was fine. Annoyed the heck out of me.

new to the forum, banded on 1/7/09, weighed 236 on DOS, weigh 196 on my home scale which is pretty close to my surgeons, who I see next week. I expect he will do another fill as I am having some hunger. i have to be very careful about taking my time with my food, eat too fast and pay dearly. i do not know what the weight loss norms are but I have lost 40% of what I want to lose. I have no regrets and appreciate the need to really think about my food choices instead of shoveling food in my mouth. people are really starting to notice and i feel great.

Congratulations on your loss. The band does seem to help - the effect (for me) has been subtle but I know it's working and I feel so much better.

Good luck on your journey.