Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got a date! 10th February Surgery! Thank you LBT members!

Hey All,

Had my second fill today and they put in 1.3ml (total 5.3ml). I didnt actually lose any weight in the last 3 weeks and I'm not surprised considering I hadnt felt any restriction.

Hope todays fill works!!!!

Megs

Hi Megsy, Ive been wondering how you're going! I hope this fill gives you some good restriction. I have often thought of you when you said you've had no restriciton and I've known all along my day was coming and after great restriction after the op I can now feel it slipping away and I want it back! No fill for me for another 4 weeks though! Keep me posted on how it is for you

Hey Shaggs,

Am feeling a bit more restriction than before. Didnt want to have brekky this morning so have just had 2 sushi rolls (struggled a bit with those) and some lasagne and steamed vegies for dinner. I am stuffed!!!

I still want more fill though!!! I'm a fill junkie now and I want my next hit.

have you started 'regular' food yet? How's it going?

Hey Megsy, god I want that restriction! The most I get is a little tightness if I havent chewed properly (pretty much on normal foods although I am careful no bread as yet). The worst thing I get is a horrible pain when I sit down after I eat not around the band but behind the wounds like my full intestines are pushing on the scars! Yuck! Time to cut back and pull in the reigns on the quantities I think! I guess its back to me and will power (or lack there of) for now. How's your restriction going now? Is it still good? God I cant wait! I want it back!!!!!!!!

hey Shaggs,

restriction is better but I want more fill.

I tested the alcohol vs restriction last night to see how we were placed and I am glad to inform you that having fills does not affect alcohol consumption at all!!! These experiments are ongoing and I will keep you informed on any further results.

Ego-boost was at an all time high thanks to advances of a certain cute and BUFF!!!! 26 year old who was very persistent and yet ultimately disappointed. Bad for him, good for me. It's good to know that even though I ain't using it, I still got it!!! LOL.

One further update, I had my first and hopefully last productive burp today!! I bought some sushi rolls for lunch and subsequently found out that it was not a good move. I had 3 bites, then pain, then 10 minutes of walking around trying to burp whilst in pain, then running to the bathroom as everything just floated back up into my mouth.

Utterly disgusting!!! Even if I could eat sushi again, i probably wouldn't with the memory of todays episode still in my head!

First of all - go Megsy you ol' devil! Good to see the old girls' got some juice left in her yet! Hope you had a top time and thanks for testing out the alcohol thing, I'll be trying that myself tonight (husband away again this week) Funny that you had a bad experience yesterday, I have found out alot about bad experiences since I started whinging about having no restriction and eating all the time. Well, I do feel pain and now I know what comes after the pain I will do everything I can to not go there. Unfortunately I also know that you dont know theres a problem until its too late but I can only try. ALOT of people have mentioned this problem after eating rice. I've always had a prob with rice so I havent eaten it as yet but given the right circumstances I'm sure I will. Others have also experienced pain afte the PB on a par with post op pain and I definitely dont want to go THERE! Crossing my fingers for a better week, thank you for sharing hopefully we can catch up on chat one night???

It was funny, once the food was up, there was no more pain and I wasn't hungry anymore. how does that work? go figure.

what is even stranger is that I had Sushi the day after my fill and even though it hurt a little bit, it was nothing like what happened yesterday. either way sushi is off the menu!!

what I am struggling to do is find everyday food that is healthy and yet wont cause a problem being digested. dont want to eat sandwiches, they dont want us eating Soup, sushi is out.... I've made a couple of salads, but they are alot of keystrokes when you just want something qwik and easy.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Hey megsy, finding decent food in a hurry is hard so I keep a stash of pre cooked things ready to go. I boil up a batch of eggs and keep them in the fridge to have with some cooked haloumi cheese (fry in non stick pan no oil needed) with some beetroot and lettuce or whatever YUM! Some turkey or chicken with cheese and vegies. I also make sandwiches or burgers without the bread yesterday i had a low fat mince pattie with fried onions beetroot lettuce Tomato and grilled cheese a perfect burger but without the bread. woolworths Pasta or potato salad makes any meal interesting. woolworths select also do salt and pepper squid in the freezer do it in the oven very low in points for weight watchers whole box is 8 points and soooooo yum. I love a good gourmet sausage blended up with the above salads. Brekkie is a mashed fried egg with some turkey and cheese in it. Super high Protein keeps you going for hours could also take it for lunch or keep in fridge for later re heated. Salmon rissoles are tops in the fridge go down like a dream and very low fat can give you recipe for them. Its mostly about being prepared but if worst comes to worst go and by a roll from a sandwich shop and use the roll as a plate and just eat the contents, leave the bread or ask them to put it in a salad container instead of roll. Oh and canned refried Beans heated up in microwave with lowfat sour cream, cheese and avocado are TOPS! Mexican wonderland! I blend any meat I cook for kids with a little Water or sauce and its ready to go for a couple of days. I've got some more involved recipes these are just quick ideas let me know what you like and I'll find a recipe in my collection for it and good luck!

Shaggs& Megsy

I am so pleased to see that you are both going well. I am doing ok but not as well as I would like. I will not hit my first mini goal which is disappointing. I had my first appt with the physio today and she has inspired me to get more active and get back in to my exercise. I was easily losing 1kg a week then and now it has dropped to maybe half a kg if I am lucky. Back to my wii tomorrow.

Hey All,

Had my first fill today. Was not to bad before hand but was finding that I was getting hungary between meals.

Just had about 1/2 cup of chicken and feel as full as anything. I like this feeling.

Got to say having this band is the best thing that I have ever done

Glad everyone is doing well.

Sunshine23:thumbup:

Edited by Sunshine23

Totally agree Sunshine, best thing I have ever done. Would like to have a fill (have to wait over 2 weeks yet) but this is more than manageable at the moment. Glad yours went so well and its working for you! Cant wait!

Emmsie, been wondering where u got to. Do you realise you've lost 14 kilos in 11 weeks? Which equals 1.2kg a week???? I dare you to find a better weight loss program than that. ESPECIALLY considering alot of that time is about healing and not being able to get around and exercise like you might normally. That is phenomenal!!!!! I go to a support group for the band once a month and yours is a great outcome already. Keep it in perspective. Let go of your old goals. You really cant make goals under circumstances you've never experienced before. Its an unknown and unpredictable situation and I would dare say, if you expected more than a consistent 1.2kg a week effort (500g is exceptional) then I would say your goals have been unrealistic (esp considering Xmas, healing etc etc). Give the situation time, go easy on yourself and think of the big picture. Its so easy to micro manage and get bogged down in the day to day but look at the big pic. 14kg in 11 weels AWESOME!!!

After that first initial 'burst' of weight loss directly after surgery, it's actually quite normal to then start to average about a 2kgs a month loss. I exercise quite a lot (3-4 times a week at intensities where I'm pouring with sweat) and I only lost an average of 3kgs a month.

And as a bander, that makes me a fast loser!