Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

everything is waiting and ready for the insurance company except my psychological evaluation. I saw her in October. She said she was finished with it in November and just needed the address. I responded quickly and gave it to her.

Talked to her in December and she said she hadn't sent it in because she didn't know I was serious or not. I told her I was (and nothing in our sessions would lead her to believe otherwise).

Now it is nearing the end of January. I have called her office and left the fax number of the surgeons and their office even called her!!!!!!

Is there psychological help for psychologists?????

I am frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But maybe there is a reason for the delay and I should be patient.

I may be 90 before I get the procedure......

Don

I would just keep bothering them till they get back to you. It's amazing how people can dangle your life right before your face. You have the right to be proactive about your life and health therefore bother the crap out of this person, then if all else fails find another counselor who can see you asap and get the ball rolling. Good luck to you.

I know it's a pain, I ended up getting my counselor to fax the letter 2 times cause the Dr's office could not find the first one. Go figure! I know it seems like it takes forever, I went for pre op bloodwork and found that I was very anemic and the Dr said they would not touch me with a ten foot pole till I got it taken care of, luckily My GYN gave me a scrip Iron for preg women and it only took a month to get me back to a safe place so I could have the surgery.

So If You have to I would go to this office and maybe get a copy of the letter and take it to the Dr yourself, I know I would. Bother them! Good Luck!:thumbup:

My Dr will not reffed me till she know me. How long with that take? I am a military depended and I never see that same Dr. I am going in today to see her again. I hope she will put in the referral so I can get the ball rolling soon. I have 4 months before my hubby leaves and I want to get this done before he is gone.

WOW thats not good. Can you go outside the military?

seems like there would be something you can do to get the ball rolling. Maybe your husband can help as far as contacting the right person to find out stuff and all that you need to do?

If you are able I would say be a cash paying pt and just go get it done where you want to.

I would have had my INS not covered it .:thumbup:

I know it is covered 100% I just got the one Dr that think this is not a good thing. I will need to change Dr. It just take so much time. Thank you mountainmomma

Amy, I would tell her what you just told us. Tell her you understand that she wants to get to know you but that you don't always get to see the same doctor. Tell her that you'd like to get moving with your healthier future and ask her what she would recommend that you could do to help her to feel more comfortable about making that referral. Perhaps you could attend some nutrition classes and send her proof that you attended? Perhaps she might like to see a written list of previous weight loss attempts you've made? Perhaps you could do the psychological evaluation before the referral. Maybe a written statement about why you want the surgery and what will change in your life. I'd show her that I meant business if I were you. I'd be pleasantly persistent until she knew me enough to send that referral over.:thumbup: Buena Suerte

Hi, I've been putting up with military dr's for a long time. You can call and make an appt and request a different dr. You may have to wait one - two extra days but it would be worth it.

With the pycho dr - I would call twice a day everday until they sent the letter in. Be as sweet as honey - but call twice a day they will get the message!

What ever you do - just don't let them think you can be put on hold or that you have doubts.

Good luck!

I got my referral yesterday now I just wait. She had a change of heart I did not even say anything she just gave it to me. I have no dout that this is what i need to do I have lost 100 lbs 3 time is the past 10 year for it all to come back and more. she also said my sugur is in the Diabetic range now. Go thing I went in when I did.

thanks you everyone.

You sound like me! I've lost 50 pounds 3 -4 times in the last 3 years! I know that it is not good to have you weight yoyo but I can't keep the weight off. I will do really well for several months - and I do not just hit a wall - I just start gaining weight again - even if I add more time to my exersize or less calories or carb. Nothing has worked for me. I really hope I get approved. I am suppose to know something by the 27th. But the dead lines have come and gone before.

Don - how about making an appointment with the doctor. Tell the Dr. you're there to answer any remaining quesitons she may have and to pick up the letter personally so you may deliever it to your surgeon's office...

Finally, they called yesterday and they have the report. After the nurse practioner and the surgeon review it ( for insurance purposes) they will call and schedule the surgery. My doc is scheduling into May, so I am going to wait until June 1 and finish the school year ( I am kind of a part-time music teacher/substitute HS art teacher/K-1-2 Computer teacher/and 3-4 art and physical education teacher).

We are lucky, we don't start until after Labor Day and are finished by Memorial Day and we still have 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter.

Now I am getting apprehensive about having the full R n Y done ( my surgeon stongly suggested it for me).:lol::thumbdown:

But have 4 months to get over that.

Dandy Don

Finally, they called yesterday and they have the report. After the nurse practioner and the surgeon review it ( for insurance purposes) they will call and schedule the surgery. My doc is scheduling into May, so I am going to wait until June 1 and finish the school year ( I am kind of a part-time music teacher/substitute HS art teacher/K-1-2 Computer teacher/and 3-4 art and physical education teacher).

We are lucky, we don't start until after Labor Day and are finished by Memorial Day and we still have 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter.

Now I am getting apprehensive about having the full R n Y done ( my surgeon stongly suggested it for me).:lol::thumbdown:

But have 4 months to get over that.

Dandy Don

I am a teacher too, middle school physics and chemistry. I want to have the lap band because - yes it is a little slower weightloss but I won't loose any days off from school. I would love to have it before spring break! And be in a swim suit by summer!

Well the 27th has come and gone - and of course no answer to the apppeal! No letter, no phone call no update on Tricare web page. Gosh I hate the wait. Worst thing is - the wait is not near as bad as another deniel will be.