Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction?

I went for my first fill yesterday. I have a 11 cc band and my dr. filled 6.5cc. However, I don't feel any different. In fact, I'm more hungry than ever, if that's possible. I called and asked them to bump up my second fill (three weeks out). When did you start feeling restriction? Is this normal?

I too did not feel that much restriction after my first fill. I scheduled my second for 2/4/09. I am hoping that will do the trick. I have a 14cc band and my first fill was of 4cc. I hope everything goes better for you after your next fill.

Thanks Jenny. Congrats on the 40 you've already lost. Maybe I wouldn't be so paranoid, but I haven't lost a pound. I'm thinking of going back on my diet pills to control my appetite until them. :thumbup:

Let me also say, this is def. not head hunger. My stomach was growling so loud, other people in my meeting yesterday could here it.

Edited by OverBeingFat

did the doc give you any diet guidelines, are you getting enough Protein? Are you drinking enough Water. Have you contacted a nutritionist , perhaps they can help you jump start the weight loss. It stinks it's different for everyone so there are no pin points of what the problem is. Talk to your doctor, make sure your journaling what you eat, and make sure you make an attempt at the exercise. If your not losing after that then you definitely need to find out whats wrong.

I did see a nutritionist. She said just to do Atkins (no more than 30 carbs). I guess I just thought my band would be like if I was on my pills. I lose weight then because I can follow portion size. When I'm not on my pills, I'm just never seem to get full. Even yesterday, after my fill, I had to make myself stop but I could have just kept on eating. I was so hungry, it was like I hadn't eaten in weeks.

make sure you are drinking enough Water. If you are fully hydrated it helps you feel full faster. Next time you feel like snacking have a glass of water. That always helps me. I hope things get better.:thumbup:

Thanks Jenny. I know I'm not getting enough Water. I am going to try to be better about getting in. Sucks though because I always got my Water in when I ate, would drink long drinks inbetween bites.

Although no restriction, since my surgury it hurts to eat/drink at same time so my water intake has greatly decreased.

I too have problems with the eating and drinking thing. I want to drink so bad when I am eating, it is driving me nuts. I try to not have anything to drink around me when I am eating. That seems to help a lot. I do however keep Water or crystal light with me at all times.

I didn't feel any restriction after my first fill, but the second fill hit me like a ton of bricks . . . immediate sweet spot.

Hello Heather, nice to meet you! You started where I'm starting (229). Until your second fill, did you lose a lot or did it start coming off after your second?

I just feel like I have a lot of pressure right now. Lots of people from work + family are watching me & constantly asking if I've started losing. I wish they didn't know but there was no way to hide it. Now everything I try to eat (esp. at work) I'm questioned about if I should be having it.

Yesterday they ordered pizza. I was starving so I figured if I grabbed a slice and just picked off the cheese it would make a good snack and tie me over. OMG, several people were like, "you're getting a slice? Are you sure you can have that?" It's getting very frustrating. :thumbup:

I just had my 4th fill, and I THINK I might finally have restriction. I didn't feel anything on the 1st or 2nd. Also, it can take a few days before you actually feel the fill. You might want to give it a few days. My doctor's office said it can actually take up to 2 weeks for a fill to kick in. Since this is your first fill, give yourself time to get used to even just a little restriction. I know that you are feeling hungry, but I bet you have restriction that you didn't have before. I remember that I could eat as much as before, but did end up having a stuck episode on rice because I was eating too fast. Take your time, and good luck to you.

I didn't feel any restriction after my first fill, but the second fill hit me like a ton of bricks . . . immediate sweet spot.

Hi Heather,

Congrats on your weight loss and the pregnancy. I haven't had my surgery done yet. But I also plan to have a baby one year after the surgery. Since you've become pregnant, have you gained any weight? I heard you could easily gain all the weight back with pregnancy. Thanks.

Hello Heather, nice to meet you! You started where I'm starting (229). Until your second fill, did you lose a lot or did it start coming off after your second?

I just feel like I have a lot of pressure right now. Lots of people from work + family are watching me & constantly asking if I've started losing. I wish they didn't know but there was no way to hide it. Now everything I try to eat (esp. at work) I'm questioned about if I should be having it.

Yesterday they ordered pizza. I was starving so I figured if I grabbed a slice and just picked off the cheese it would make a good snack and tie me over. OMG, several people were like, "you're getting a slice? Are you sure you can have that?" It's getting very frustrating. :thumbup:

I lost some after surgery but it sooned stop falling off. I really didn't start losing consistently until after my second fill. I lost almost all of my weight on my second fill - which lasted for a very long time.

I didn't tell people at work or in general to avoid that situation. My husband and brother know along with the people on LBT of course. Other than that, I wanted this to be my own journey without everyone's thoughts, suggestion, doubts, supervision, etc. Some people need a lot of social support . . . but for me I preferred to work on this on my own.

Hi Heather,

Congrats on your weight loss and the pregnancy. I haven't had my surgery done yet. But I also plan to have a baby one year after the surgery. Since you've become pregnant, have you gained any weight? I heard you could easily gain all the weight back with pregnancy. Thanks.

Thanks.

I have lost a little since becoming pregnant. My OB became concerned and asked me to add a supplement into my diet. I probably will gain a little over the next 18 weeks of pregnancy but I don't think it will be alot. I was just unfilled completely last Thursday.

I might be the Only one so far that didn't get restriction until my 6th fill and at almost the max ccs. I have now 8.7 ccs and I think I have a 9cc band but am going to confirm that it isn't a 10ccs. It's a realize band so I am thinking it's 9ccs. Anyway I think I am at my sweet spot I can eat and I get hungry but I get full off the smallest meal I still pile my plate like pre-band (out of habit) but I don't get far and what is so easy is I am able to throw any food I don't eat away which also has to change because that is a waste of food! So see you do get there but you have to find that magic sweet spot I know I can't have anymore in my band so this next appointment I am going to just ask that they do a fluro swallow to check everything and measure the ccs I have and I think I will stay where I am at as of now actually I don't want them to take any out to even measure scared I will lose my sweet spot I am truely in a great spot as of now who knows I will have to make a decision "with" them this next appointment. GOOD LUCK! Oh did I mention I am a SLOW LOSER but I am a LOSER!!!!