Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungary and Eating at night

Hi everyone

I was banded 1/28/08 and have been through a whole host of issues as I'm sure you are aware. I've lost 85 lbs with 30 pounds to go.

I can't eat all day and I can eat all night. Help!

OK... I caught up with you on this tread... :)

It's typical for the band to be tight in the morning. Have you tried drinking some hot liquids before eating? Normally a good warm beverage loosens things up. If this isn't working - and you can't get a meal down before mid-late morning - then I would seek an unfill. Your extreme urge to eat in the evening is two-fold. 1) You aren't getting enough calories throughout the day so your body wants food (it's been proven many times over that small frequent meals results in less overall calorie intake than a few large meals)... 2) It is typical for the band to be the "loosest" in the latter part of the day.

I would find a journaling program (I use Fitday - there are many different others that bandsters use) and track all calorie intake and expenditures. It will help you pinpoint the trouble.

Brad

Edited by bambam31

Brad,

LOL I just respo9nded on the other site. I'm glad you found me again. Let's talk. I was eating some yogurt this morning to get some Protein down and I felt some restriction. So I did go for a cup of hot tea. )The first time I've tried that). And then I went back to the yougurt a 1/2 hour later. Maybe I should have tried sooner.

But here I am on this site instead of getting my butt upstairs to walk on the treadmill.

Try the warm liquid a short time before you eat tomorrow morning and see how it goes. Don't try to kill yourself on exercise right away. If you havn't been exercising start slow and incrementally increase time/resistance. What's hard this week will be much easier two weeks from now as you progress.

You care and you want to make this work or you wouldn't be here!

Good luck!

Brad

Way to go 80 lbs

I was banded on Jan 22 2008 I have only lost 70 and I am now struggling . I am waiting for a fill

Feb 10th I wish it was sooner. Been so hungry at night.

I have so far to go also . Question please how does everyone get those ticker factory scales I see

thanks for any help

Carol

I'm so glad you came aboard. It's so nice to have someone with a bandaversary almost the same as mine. 70 lbs is great. I didn't have any restriction for the first few months and the next couple of months were really uncomfortable with the restriction. All the pain in my chest and not being able to eat. Today I even had problems eating and getting in enough Protein. So it's never easy. That;s why I'm so hungary at night. Brad is right about that. And sometimes I'm just too lazy to try to make the right food choices at night. (could be all day too).Anyway, I'm glad to know there's someone who feels the same way. Maybe we could chat each night to support each other so we don't eat. What time do start eating?

I don't know how to do the ticker factory but maybe Brad can help.

I have been going though the same thing. My last fill was in October, but I have been going back and forth. One day I feel fine and then the next day I cannot eat all day. Finally in the evening I can eat a little bit. Anyway, I was having a lot of sinus/allergy problems and started taking Zyrtek and it seems to help. I was able to eat lunch and dinner today with no problems, and I actually feel hungry tonight. I was having a lot of Post Nasal Drip(I know TMI) but the allergy medicine seems to clear it up.....hopefully it continues to work.

I'm glad your allergies feel better. I agree, somedays are easier to eat than others. I just realized how much you've lost in a year - Hurray for you - Congratulations. This is wonderful. I'm 30-40lbs from goal. 3 lbs to goal. You can do it.

I had an unfil of .25cc in December 9 because I couldn't hold any food down. It's a little better but I'm still thinking about a little more of an unfil. I think if I can get more food in me I'll lose weight. Like if I can get more Protein in. I'm so sick of Protein drinks. What would you do?

Fill or unfil, that is the question.

Edited by Bandana

I agree....I am really tired of the Protein Shakes. I actually have been really bad about getting my Protein in everyday....but today I did pretty well. I have been considering an unfill, but like I said, I feel pretty good, so I am going to give it through the weekend and if I am still tight I will go in next week. I would say, if you are able to keep the food down, then you really shouldn't need an unfill. As you lose weight it will losen up (according to my Dr.)

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

I just had a Protein Drink in milk. I think it tastes better with milk and it adds Protein. I also had a slimfast bar that tastes more like a candy bar. Maybe I won't eat anything else tonight.

I just realized CarolNY, Loseweightin08 and me were all banded in January 08. That's pretty nice that we all are on this site. Maybe we should start a January 08 group,.

Question please how does everyone get those ticker factory scales I see

thanks for any help

I got mine at the ticker factory website. Just copy and past the html language into your signature. Then to update, click on the ticker on one of your posts and a pop up window will appear. Enter your pin and click the update button to change your details.

Brad

I just had a Protein drink in milk. I think it tastes better with milk and it adds Protein. I also had a slimfast bar that tastes more like a candy bar. Maybe I won't eat anything else tonight.

I just realized CarolNY, Loseweightin08 and me were all banded in January 08. That's pretty nice that we all are on this site. Maybe we should start a January 08 group,.

I mix all of my protein powders in skim milk. It adds to the protein (and is a complete source of protein in that it contains all of the essential amino acids) and is relatively low calorie, but boy it sure makes the taste so much better!

Brad