Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Three-strand rope is not easily broken

Hi

I'm looking for a couple of lap band friends.

A little info about myself, I'm 45 years old and been overweight most of my

life.

I got married at the age of 18 to a girl I met in high school.

At that time I weighed 142 pounds, now I'm twice the man from then.

Married 28 yrs in Aug, have four children and one grandchild that's eight months

old.

I work as a Mental Health Tech and love my job.

Things that I really enjoy is playing the flute. I've got over 200 flutes many

from around the world. Goal is to play every flute known to man.

I also use music to help people deal with stress, depression and anxiety. I

believe everyone has a song within them to bless others.

I weigh 294 pounds and want to drop 100 to 115 pounds

Iwould like to find a couple of people who would like to help each other in

this journey of weight loss.

Sing with your flute and give thanks for another day.

Blessings

Bearbelly

Hi there,

I'm 51, an ex music teacher and have lost 149 pounds since November 2007. I also have had depression. Guess we share a lot in common.

I'd be glad to be a buddy, even though we are on a different continent to eachother. That's the beauty of the internet!

Find out a little about me at my blog - address in my signature and if you think I can be of use, let me know.

Wow, Steve

I'm really impressed, you've done a great job and look fantastic.

I'm looking forward to a lasting friendship.

Blessings my friend

Bearbelly

Hi there,

I'm 51, an ex music teacher and have lost 149 pounds since November 2007. I also have had depression. Guess we share a lot in common.

I'd be glad to be a buddy, even though we are on a different continent to eachother. That's the beauty of the internet!

Find out a little about me at my blog - address in my signature and if you think I can be of use, let me know.

Hi Steve,

When you began your journey with your weight loss did you go on the liquid diet? If so, how long did your's last. Also what advice would you have for the first week after surgery? Is there anything you wish you could have done different that week?

Have a great day

Dan

Hi Dan,

I went on a liquid diet straight after the operation and it last for four weeks. I got to like Soup a lot! I went on a liver size reduction diet for two weeks before the operation. Your hospital will give you details of that.

As for the first week after surgery, just rest. Your body has had a shock and needs time to recover. You may feel tired quickly. I was sore for several days after the operation. Take short walks around the garden and house. Don't just sit in the chair. I couldn't have done anything differently to that, but some walking is important. They will get you walking asap in the hospital.

Take care.

Hi Steve

I'm into day two with the liquid diet, this is pretty tough.

My head is pounding all the time and I'm so hungry. I heard it gets better after the 3rd day, I hope so.

Hope your having a great weekend

Blessings

bearbelly

Hi,

Your body has been shocked in to action by the radical change of diet, so I'm not surprised that you can feel it. As your body gets used to the new regime, it will feel better. Stick with it.

You may find that you lose an amount of weight during this phase - got to be good.

Best keep in touch via email as I don't look at this forum every day. Hope that's OK with you.

Take care,