Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it all again?

I wouldn't change a thing either! I love my band and what it has helped me achieve so far.

No hamburger or sandwich (another thing I can't eat now) is worth those 55 pounds lost, or the rest that are going to go!

Mary

Yes!!!!! I was banded on 02-21-08 and have now lost 153 pounds. I work out 5 - 6 days a week and feel fantastic. My dr has me speaking at his seminars and running one of his support groups. I am a huge supporter of the band.

NO! Have not lost. Can't ever have pop again. Things get stuck and it hurts. No bread, pizza, Pasta, and for what? No weight loss. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I am not sure how much more it is gonna take. I can hardly eat things now and am still not losing. Does not make sense to me. I might as well of not had the surgery and went back on one of the many diets I was on. At least then the scale was moving. :biggrin:

WannaB. I honestly believe you are too tight. Everyone's band is put on to fit their stomach and yours may have been required to have a tighter fit than others. I have 5.5 ccs in a 10 cc band. When I tired to go to 5.75 ccs I vomited every day and was just plain miserable. I had the .25 taken out and I am back to loosing my 1/4 to 1/5 lb per week. Please go back to your clinic and depending on their recommendations, have some saline taken out. I would suggest go back to 5.5 ccs and give a reasonable time say 3 months to see how you adjust then slowly creep back up .25ccs until you can eat your 1/2 to 1 cup of solid food. liquid diets rarely work and you can consume more calories in liquids without realizing it.

Good luck

NO! Have not lost. Can't ever have pop again. Things get stuck and it hurts. No bread, pizza, Pasta, and for what? No weight loss. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I am not sure how much more it is gonna take. I can hardly eat things now and am still not losing. Does not make sense to me. I might as well of not had the surgery and went back on one of the many diets I was on. At least then the scale was moving. :tt2:

WannaB. I honestly believe you are too tight. Everyone's band is put on to fit their stomach and yours may have been required to have a tighter fit than others. I have 5.5 ccs in a 10 cc band. When I tired to go to 5.75 ccs I vomited every day and was just plain miserable. I had the .25 taken out and I am back to loosing my 1/4 to 1/5 lb per week. Please go back to your clinic and depending on their recommendations, have some saline taken out. I would suggest go back to 5.5 ccs and give a reasonable time say 3 months to see how you adjust then slowly creep back up .25ccs until you can eat your 1/2 to 1 cup of solid food. liquid diets rarely work and you can consume more calories in liquids without realizing it.

Good luck

Too tight? Are you kidding? I am not tight enough. I am leaving on vacation in a week so I dont want to have a fill right before I go. But too tight? Maybe you did not read my post. I AM NOT LOSING. I can eat anything and everything. There is very little restriction. I have been forcing myself to eat small portions, not by any means of the band. :tt2:

Hi: sorry, but I read the phrase "I can hardly eat things now". Then I suggest going back to your clinic and asking for a fluro to see if your band is leaking somewhere. Or some have the Fluid removed to check the amount in the band. Whatever, blaming the band won't solve you problem. Going to to your surgeon should. Hope you have a great trip.

Too tight? Are you kidding? I am not tight enough. I am leaving on vacation in a week so I dont want to have a fill right before I go. But too tight? Maybe you did not read my post. I AM NOT LOSING. I can eat anything and everything. There is very little restriction. I have been forcing myself to eat small portions, not by any means of the band. :tt2:

Hi: sorry, but I read the phrase "I can hardly eat things now". Then I suggest going back to your clinic and asking for a fluro to see if your band is leaking somewhere. Or some have the Fluid removed to check the amount in the band. Whatever, blaming the band won't solve you problem. Going to to your surgeon should. Hope you have a great trip.

OMG! I am not blaming "the band" the thread was: Would you do it all again?"

And I said no and gave my reasons. Never once did I blame the band for anything.

Uncle! so sorry, I seem to be creating more issues than I intended. I know the link is on whether or not....but I thought I could give a few suggestions anyway. Again, my apologies.

And I said no and gave my reasons. Never once did I blame the band for anything.

WannaB, there are many different makers of the band and many of them hold 10cc. I have the old Inamed VG band that holds 10cc and most of us never got much restriction until we were well into 8.3 or more. I"m not sure which one you have and since we are all so different, we can't even compare fills levels even if we all have the same band. You have to find some patience, it's tough to do but try and find some. Just keep getting fills until you start feeling restriction. It's too soon for you to give up. You were only banded a few months ago and many people, it takes months and months to hit the right restriction and then they start to lose. Hopefully you can find proper restriction and in a few months you will love your band like so many of us do.

Wanda,

The question is how much are you eating and what are you eating and how much are you moving your body. If you are starving yourself you will stop losing you need to have food to lose weight... you need to have calories or your body will go into starvation mode. I think Doddie is right you may want to talk to your clinic and see what they can do to help and advise you. You should be getting in 1200-1500 cals at a min a day and be moving your body in some form. But if you are not getting enough in your body you won't lose even if you are exercising like a madman.

Good luck I hope you start losing again and I not get a fill pre vacation because you might be stuck eating food that you aren't used to or that sticks a little more than usual.

Heather

I am almost 3 years out and sad to say I have not been very successful. I have lost about 30 pounds total. I have had little to no after care. The place I was banded is not that supportive, but the real issue is mine. My eating is restricted, but I have not exercised like I should and eat sweets more often than I should. You definitely have to do the work even with the band.

Would I do it again? Yes, I have lost some weight and if not for the Band, I surely would weigh much more than I do now as I am sure I would have gained.....

Thanks to you all for posting! I am scheduled to have surgery in 4 days,and this is exactly what I needed to hear to calm my nerves!

Hi Everyone, i have a date! March 6th with Dr. Cockburn at SWLC. I'm excited and nervous but I feel really comfortable with my decision. I'll be checking in as I go along the journey.

I would make the decision again in a flash. Best wishes for a succesfull, problem free journey. The majority don't have a great deal of problems and you have picked a great clinic.

Hi Everyone, i have a date! March 6th with Dr. Cockburn at SWLC. I'm excited and nervous but I feel really comfortable with my decision. I'll be checking in as I go along the journey.