Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquids and protein?

I'm having issues getting in much Protein at all. I'm drinking carnation instant Breakfast with 8oz of milk once a day and that's it. I've never tolerated milk very well and I HATE chocolate and can't find the no sugar added vanilla carnation. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've tried Isopure and Unjury and some different Protein Shakes and I despise them all. I feel like with Protein Powder and protein shakes I might as well be taking a bite out of the living room rug. Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting in protein during the full liquid phase?

See if you can find Protein Blitz by Designer whey. These are ready-to-drink Protein drinks that, to me, are like drinking Kool-Aid. They come in Grape, Orange Mango, and fruit Punch. A 20 ounce bottle contains 30 g of Protein, 120 calories, 0 fat, 1 g of sugar, and are lactose free. Vitamin Shoppe and GNC carry them.

Another you might try is Isopure. They are also clear, fruit-flavored ready-to-drinks, but I didn't like the taste of them nearly as much as I liked Protein Blitz.

Hi Angel, as far as what I do to get in my Protein, if you're in the pureed stage or phase II then you can have oatmeal or cream of wheat, if you make the cream of wheat a little more liquidy then it would work for the liquids stage. But I add 2 tablespoons of non-fat dried milk to it and that gives an extra 5 grams of protein. Also, I have had trouble finding palatable Protein Shakes, they advertise these things like they taste amazing, but they really don't! I have found that there are 2 shakes I can tolerate, although I do like chocolate, but they come in vanilla and other flavors. One is the EAS Advantage Protein Shake, sold in grocery stores, gives 17 g of protein and tastes suprisingly good. The other is the Low Carb Diet Slim Fast shake, it gives 20 grams of protein and is also low in sugar and fat. It gets easier to get the protein in once you figure out where you can find it. Eat some beefaroni pureed, the consistency isn't great, but it packs some good protein, as well as Beans and chilis which will give you some good taste and a change from the Soups. I hope some of this helps!

LOL I'm like so scared to try anything else. Everything I've tried so far has been so disgusting I had to spit it back out. I'm an extremely picky eater, I guess I'm a picky drinker too!

I find the shakes taste a bit metallic so I have been putting a 1/2 cup of berries in and find I don't mind the taste .

The Protein Blitz drinks are not in the least bit milky. Give those a try if you can find them. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

The Protein Blitz drinks are not in the least bit milky. Give those a try if you can find them. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Those are probably more my style from what you've described. I'm gonna check around and see if I can find them around here.

A year ago my wife and i ,well before thinking of a band were training and my wife was being trained be miss australasia and she put her on a Protein Drink which she said tasted the best (and she should know) it was Dymatise ISO 100

and it works fine ,you can get a good price on the net

I found a whey Protein powder at the health food store that is sugar free and is quite tasty you can mix with milk, or soy milk or Water (but I've never tried it with water) I would think it wouldn't be as thick. It also comes in a variety of flavors, it's made by Syntrax and it called Nectar..it's the best I've ever tasted...If you can't find it you can order it online or find where it is sold in your area. With the vanilla you can mix it with fruit too. Anyway it a suggestion, good luck.

Starr

Hi Stephanie - I'm with you. Just banded on 1/15 and having trouble getting in my Protein too. One of the best things I've had is Campbell's Beef Consomme - there are 10g Protein per can and eating something salty instead of all this sweet protein crap is wonderful. It's also like "normal" food. I know you said you hate chocolate, but my MD gave me a box of ProtiDiet cocoa - 15g per cup and it's tolerable. Much better than Isopure (yuk, yuk, yuk - made my husband finish the bottle), Special K protein Water or Protein2Go (also NASTY in the premixed, not as bad in powder form).

I can hardly wait for some cottage cheese and scrambled egg tomorrow!

Alison

What I like best is the IDS Sports New whey liquid Protein (42g protein). It comes in different fruit flavors and if you mix it with Water and crystal lite is is just like drinking punch. Also it comes in testtube like containers that you can easily carry with you. It also comes in a 25g version. Here is the link:

New Whey Liq Protein 42 Fruit by IDS Sports - VitaminShoppe.com

I have found the Labrada Lean Body carb watchers Protein Shakes are terrific. chocolate Peanut Butter, chocolate, strawberry, are all very good and they have 40 grams of Protein per shake. I use 5 Ice cubes and 3/4 cup of milk and bled it. I buy them from Fitrx.com

I'm having issues getting in much Protein at all. I'm drinking carnation instant breakfast with 8oz of milk once a day and that's it. I've never tolerated milk very well and I HATE chocolate and can't find the no sugar added vanilla carnation. :thumbup: Anyway, I've tried Isopure and Unjury and some different Protein Shakes and I despise them all. I feel like with protein powder and protein shakes I might as well be taking a bite out of the living room rug. Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting in protein during the full liquid phase?

Hi,

The nurse at my doctor's office suggested "New Whey, Liquid Protein, 42g. 0 sugar and 0 fat. I start my liquid diet on Thursday and I bought several from smoothie King. I bought the grape and orange flavor. If you can find these they'll satisfy most of your daily protein.