Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bear with me while I relieve pre-op jitters

OK...my banding is scheduled for TOMORROW morning (Wednesday 1/14) and I'm getting a little nervous, so I thought I'd start this post to remind me why I'm doing this....

I want to...

1. play with my 6 year old daughter and not get tired.

2. take my daughter to amusement parks without fear that I can't go on rides with her because I can't fit.

3. be able to sleep at night because I don't have sleep apnea

4. shop in regular stores for regular clothes

5. not have to worry that people are only seeing my fat, not me.

6. be able to have relations with my husband again.

7. be able to bend over to release the emergency brake in my car.

8. shave my legs without doing some ungodly contortionist act.

9. wear a bathing suit at the beach or Water park without fear of someone seeing me.

10. always being the "quiet one" so no one will pay attention to me.

11. be IN the family pictures instead of always being the one to take them.

12. sit in a chair without wondering if it will hold me or not.

13. be able to sit in a restaurant booth comfortably.

14. have more energy to clean the house.

15. wear cute shoes and not have them kill my feet.

16. be able to look at myself naked in the mirror without feeling ashamed...

I'm sure the list could go on and on, but this has helped me. Thanks for bearing with me.

GREAT POST!

Had I written a list pre-op, I would have written A LOT of what you did!

Good luck tomorrow!

I completely agree!!

You are going to do great!!

OK...my banding is scheduled for TOMORROW morning (Wednesday 1/14) and I'm getting a little nervous, so I thought I'd start this post to remind me why I'm doing this....

I want to...

1. play with my 6 year old daughter and not get tired.

2. take my daughter to amusement parks without fear that I can't go on rides with her because I can't fit.

3. be able to sleep at night because I don't have sleep apnea

4. shop in regular stores for regular clothes

5. not have to worry that people are only seeing my fat, not me.

6. be able to have relations with my husband again.

7. be able to bend over to release the emergency brake in my car.

8. shave my legs without doing some ungodly contortionist act.

9. wear a bathing suit at the beach or Water park without fear of someone seeing me.

10. always being the "quiet one" so no one will pay attention to me.

11. be IN the family pictures instead of always being the one to take them.

12. sit in a chair without wondering if it will hold me or not.

13. be able to sit in a restaurant booth comfortably.

14. have more energy to clean the house.

15. wear cute shoes and not have them kill my feet.

16. be able to look at myself naked in the mirror without feeling ashamed...

I'm sure the list could go on and on, but this has helped me. Thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks for sharing and good luck tomorrow. I had a bad doing my pre op so your list sure brought me around to why I am doing this too. I think I will start my list and borrow some of yours because they fit me too.

Hey Good Luck on your surgery! I'm sure you will do really well.

My goodness, everything on your list (minus the hubby and kid, *sigh*) is the same reason I'm doing this surgery. I wish you the best of luck :).

-music

I feel the same way, I am even getting somewhat nauseous! I am excited, but alittle scared. This site really helps! thanks to all who give their imput,it helps! My date is on the 21st, Jan. I read your list and agree, I am 47 yrs young, and started over with 2 litttles ones, almost 6 yrs and almost 2 yrs....no ...I am not crazy...just happen to find the right man later in life, he is wonderful and so supportive. I too would love to play with them on the floor and not worry...can I get up!. This in not to mention the blood pressure prob. so I hope to get healthier and live to be at least 90 yrs of age.

thanks for reading, understanding

Good luck to all of us, doing it for the right reason....ME

I feel the same way, I am even getting somewhat nauseous! I am excited, but alittle scared. This site really helps! thanks to all who give their imput,it helps! My date is on the 21st, Jan. I read your list and agree, I am 47 yrs young, and started over with 2 litttles ones, almost 6 yrs and almost 2 yrs....no ...I am not crazy...just happen to find the right man later in life, he is wonderful and so supportive. I too would love to play with them on the floor and not worry...can I get up!. This in not to mention the blood pressure prob. so I hope to get healthier and live to be at least 90 yrs of age.

thanks for reading, understanding

Good luck to all of us, doing it for the right reason....ME

Hey PVTash, I agree with you. We've gotta do this for US, not for anyone else.

I always notice when I start paying attention to everyone else and stop paying attention to myself, that's the moment when my weight starts getting out of wack.

I am really looking forward to this whole process.

Take care,

Music

I wish you lots and lots of luck tomorrow, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I hope your whole wish list comes true for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

You are going to do great! Before you know it you will be in the recovery room wondering how you managed to lose an hour! You've already got a great start (great list!) and those thoughts alone will keep you smiling pre-surgery. We're all rooting for you!

To all you up-and-coming bandsters, you will be fine. I can't help you with natural jitters, but know that the surgery is really pretty easy to recover from. I liken it to having had my gall bladder taken out -- very little invasiveness, recovered quickly. I was fortunate in that I had absolutely no gas pain in my chest or shoulder, and I didn't even bruise at ALL.

Y'all will be fine. :)

That list brought a lot back. Soon you will sit in chairs with your legs crossed and have plenty of room to spare. You will have more energy for your family, and as your self worth and self esteem rise, you will learn more and more about who the real you is. I know this will change your life...congrats on your success so far!