Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

I am scheduled for my surgery on February 23rd - if all goes well! I guess I am afraid to take for granted this will actually happen until it really does!

Does "our" group have a name yet? How about The Fab Febs?

We'll all learn together!

Lizz

Hi y'all! I'm scheduled to be banded this coming Friday and I'm pretty excited about it. I guess some days I'm really ready and then some days I'm not sure if I'm making the right choice. I've lost 53lbs since September, doing a pre-op diet. And when everyone asks me what I've done differently, all I can say is I've been eating well and exercising non-stop. But then it makes me wonder if I should be having the surgery since I've lost weight without it. But I've done too much and gone too far now to stop! Anyways I sometimes feel like I'm totally alone in this, but then I come here and see that there are so many of us going through this and it makes me feel a little better. Thanks guys.

You're exactly right, texasnole, don't stop now! I was also on a pre-op diet and let me tell you, once you're banded, the dieting part is sooooooo much easier! I was banded on the feb 5th, and as of today, since surgery, I'm down 21 pounds. So dont second guess yourself! :tongue2:

One more day and I will be banded....on my liquid diet right now....starting to get nerveous and excited all in one. I just keep thinking about how I can't wait for the day that I can walk into a normal store and be able to find my size clothing or not think in my head that everyone is staring at me wondering what I am doing in that store. I can't wait until I won't constantly try to avoid mirrors or having my picture taken. I can't wait for the day that I can not be tired from just walking up a flight of steps! I can't wait until I finally like who I am and maybe then, I can let someone else into my life :tongue2:

One more day and I will be banded....on my liquid diet right now....starting to get nerveous and excited all in one. I just keep thinking about how I can't wait for the day that I can walk into a normal store and be able to find my size clothing or not think in my head that everyone is staring at me wondering what I am doing in that store. I can't wait until I won't constantly try to avoid mirrors or having my picture taken. I can't wait for the day that I can not be tired from just walking up a flight of steps! I can't wait until I finally like who I am and maybe then, I can let someone else into my life :tongue2:

kirsten, i had my surgery yesterday and was pretty nervous too. everything went so smoothly. they´ll give you some anti anxiety meds which will help calm you down tremendously. one minute i was babbling to my mom and the nurse the next minute i was in post op. i've got some shoulder pain, but walking and talking gas x has helped alot. the incisions - especially around the port - are painfull too, but a little pain meds will help that.

good luck tomorrow!

Ok guys I have to confess here in the forum because i will not admit to my nutrionist or surgeon that i really messed up and i hope it doesnt cost me big.......Okk i couldnt take it anymore...no more liquids:cursing:.. spoke to the nutrionist to day and i am 14 days post op. she stated i could eat mushies..and that seemed to be the green light for me to just eat, eat and eat. i mean i didnt really go crazy, but crazy enough:w00t: ok i started out ok with 2 boiled eggs whih was good and went down ok. then i made bbq chicken wings, stuffing, and stringbeans. i ate about three spoonfuls of stuffing 4 canned string Beans and didnt injest but picked at a chicken wing. Ok yes i am full, but more scared. i also ate a few puffy cheesedoodles those jsut melted in my mouth. this is not at one sitting, but throughout a 7 hour period. i hope i didnt hurt myself. i felt no pain and it seemed to go down ok. im okay and will follow the rule, i think i had to just get that out of my system. i was hunry and hated liquids, been on them for 2 weeks straight and it hs been killing me. i see the surgeon on friday for my first post op check-up. please pray for me that everything goes ok and i have no major damage like slippage or problems. i am really scared now. has this happened to anyone else...help:w00t:

let me be clear i mean i had 4 pieces of canned string Beans not 4 cans of string beans beans..that could be confusing....the four string beans were mushy

hello all i am gina from tulsa, okla. i was banded on 02/05/09. i have lost 27 # since jan 30 when i started 4 day pre-op Clear Liquids. i have one more day of liquids then graduate to soft foods. ive had a few complications but am doing well. my husband was banded 01/28/09 he has lost 40 since jan 34. good luck to all

Hey guys!!

Had my surgery Monday!! FINALLY!

All went well. I was really nervous in pre-op, so the anesthesiologist (my new BFF) gave me a scrumptious little cocktail and I felt fine! I think I could have bungee-jumped after that! :blushing:

I remember precious little after being wheeled into the OR. I woke up in my private room, hubby and Mom by my side. I didn't have much pain, but thirsty?! WHOO! Ice has never tasted so yummy!

I had an interesting night in the hospital and was discharged first thing in the a.m.

I am home now. Not going to lie, pain is a little intense this morning. I just finished my Breakfast. 4oz of broth and a little cup of jell-o. I think it was TOO much, as now my tummy feels horribly full. :cursing: Unreal!

My big plan for today is a shower and a nice walk outside.

Hedostar~ don't stress, just be honest with your doc. Something I read in one of my lap-band books is cheesepuffs are a no-no for bandsters. Don't ask me why, but they were on the no-no list!

Nakniwa~ good luck! I know you will be nervous, but trust me, you will be glad you did it!!

Ginadonn~ congrats to you and your hubby!! Great job!

Hugs to all!

hi i am scheduled for the lapband this monday feb 23rd scared....but excited ...howlong before you can drive and move around comfortably?