Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New restriction, unable to eat any dinner

I was banded in August and on Monday at my 4th fill I finally got restriction. It feels great. I can eat very small amounts of food. I don't seem to feel 'full' like i did preband, but its more a feeling of just not being able to eat any more and then realising I am not hungry anymore.

I can eat Breakfast, probably have my biggest appitide at lunch time where I can eat a whole toasted sandwish plus a quarter.

The problem is dinner time in the evening. I just seem to not be able to keep anything down at dinner time. I have been eating fish and I always have to go into the toilet and bring it back up again.

I dont want to lose any fill cause I can eat breakie and lunch. Does this sound really wierd? or is this something alot fo people find?

I suppose I could try a bowel of breakfast Cereal like rice krispies/rice bubbles.

dinner is usually the meal I struggle the most with too - and that's unusual, its much more usual to be tight in the mornign and wider open at night.

But dinner is important, well it is for me, becuase its often my most nutritious meal, when I eat a lot of my veges and a good solid piece of Protein. I found when I really wasnt eating dinner many nights at all, I was better off having a small unfill. I had a few months at the lower level, got more used to it and had the fill put back in and its nowhere near as tight this time as it was the first.

Although I didnt do too well tonight, we went fishing at a trout farm today and caught the most gorgeous 5.5kg atlantic salmon. They filleted it for us and I asked for a small bit for sashimi. I was looking forward to it so much and made a special soy/walnut oil/ginger dressing for it, with julienned carrots and cucumber, one bite and I got blocked up, had to put it in the fridge and try again an hour later, and really sort of had to grit my teeth to get through it, didnt finish it. ARGH. I hate it when you're really really looking forward to something and then it just doesnt agree, normally salmon sashimi is fine for me. And of course, the rest of the fish was filleted and is already frozen!

Personally I wouldnt switch to eating crappy white carbs for dinner, what does that really achieve?

What would switching to crappy white carbs for dinner achieve?

I tend to struggle more with dinner than any other meal too which is not the norm, far more people are tight in the morning and open at night.

When I was barely eating dinner, I had a small unfill, got used to it for about 4 months, and then had the fill put back in and its nowhere near as tight on my second attempt at it as it was the first time. Dinner is a very nutritious meal for me, its often when I eat the bulk of my vegies and a good solid piece of Protein.

Although tonight I had a bad time with it, we went fishing at a trout farm today and caught a 5.5kg atlantic salmon - I adore salmon. When they cleaned and filleted it for us, I asked for a small bit for sashimi. I made a soy/walnut oil/ginger dressing, finely julienned carrots and cucumber, and sesame seeds. Droooool, I was SO looking forward to it. First bite, instant pain. Had to put it in the fridge and wait an hour. It went down like ground glass, didnt enjoy it at all! I HATE that. Salmon sashimi is normally fine for me.

Just make sure you get in most of your calories in the morning and afternoon. Drink a lot of Water in the evening. I'm the opposite and can hardly eat a thing until dinner time, then I can eat a lot more and get about 2/3 of my calories in after 6 pm.

I was the same way after getting my first fill January 10th. I could eat a good lunch but around 6 my band tightened and the same type of foods that went down around 1 would not go down with ease and I ended up PB. Instead of getting an unfill, I just ate more early during the day and drunk a Protein drink for dinner.

I'm really glad I didn't get an unfill because a month later, I've noticed that that restriction I initially had is no longer there, so I will need a fill really soon.