Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self-Fill are you doing this?

Are you self-filling?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you self-filling?

• Yes, I am bring me a needle.
    • No way! That is why I have a doctor.
    • I am thinking about it.

I use my meat injector to self fill all the time. I fill it when I need to and unfill it when I wanna party. Whaooo

I fill it with whatever I have on hand. In Nov. I had the garlic butter sauce for the turkey, so I just went ahead and used it. Why waste?

First I rub an ice cube on my port area, then I rub some oragel on it. Then I let my hubby inject me cause I just can't do it myself.

I do admit the needle is way big. One time I actually had to give myself one stitch to close the hole on my tummy. I used some dental floss.

The tip of needle the doctor uses for fills is bent. I did have to take the meat injector needle and bend it before I used it. I took it outside and pushed it down on the cement till it bent.

This self fill method is really working for me. For Christmas I filled it with rum sauce from my bread pudding.

LOL, You're funny.

I personally wouldn't risk it unless I was a nurse. Mistakes can be very costly.

I am a nurse, was trained to access ports and still would not do it. I dont think its worth the risk, my doctor would KILL me if he found out and what if I messed something up, would my doctor take on the responsibility of fixing it and would my insurance cover it?? Too much of a risk for me, I trust my doctor, he can do my adjustments

I use my meat injector to self fill all the time. I fill it when I need to and unfill it when I wanna party. Whaooo

I fill it with whatever I have on hand. In Nov. I had the garlic butter sauce for the turkey, so I just went ahead and used it. Why waste?

First I rub an ice cube on my port area, then I rub some oragel on it. Then I let my hubby inject me cause I just can't do it myself.

I do admit the needle is way big. One time I actually had to give myself one stitch to close the hole on my tummy. I used some dental floss.

The tip of needle the doctor uses for fills is bent. I did have to take the meat injector needle and bend it before I used it. I took it outside and pushed it down on the cement till it bent.

This self fill method is really working for me. For Christmas I filled it with rum sauce from my bread pudding.

Hahaha_ love it! Very funny:tongue_smilie:

I too am a Registered Nurse with 30 years under my belt.

No way would I access my port and try a fill.:)

The only reason for an emergency unfill would be if someone was vomiting so much their stomach was swollen and they were completely obstructed and nothing would go through.

The way to avoid this is to avoid vomiting, so if you have diarrhoea and vomiting bug you take anti-emetics.

People who have lap-bands and get cancer and need chemotherapy tend to have an unfill for the period of their treatment for safety.

My surgeon actually posts on his website how to do an unfill for medical professionals to use if necessary.

It is not a matter of convenience, more an emergency situation.