Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Available Lap Band Buddy / Mentor I am 2 weeks banded and need a buddy!!

My name is Courtney and I was banded on December 30, 2008. I am so excited to have finally got the band and am now learning that a buddy would help SO much.

Let's do this together!!

CQ

Hi Courtney, My name is Roy and I was banded December 17 I am very excited about my progress so far and need a buddy also to keep me motivated. Hope we can talk soon.

Hi Courtney, My name is Roy and I was banded December 17 I am very excited about my progress so far and need a buddy also to keep me motivated. Hope we can talk soon.

Hey Roy, I am so glad to have heard from you. Here is a bit about me... I am a mommy of 2 boys, (Andrew and Matty), and engaged. I live in AZ and am a stay at home mom at the moment. I have not been overweight my whole life, only once kids came into the picture!

I am on day 12 and am having a really hard time not eating. In the first week, I lost 13 pounds and am now back up to a total loss of 8 pounds. I feel hungry all the time. I go for my DR appt Tuesday, but no fill until the 23rd. Any suggestions on how to overcome my wanting to eat??

Also, tell me about you!! I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Courtney

Hi Courtney, I was banded on 12/31/08 and the more adivce the better. I know what you mean about being hungry all the time. I feel the same way it is very frustrating. I finally got rid of the bloating for the most part and know Im starving. I don't know what is worse. Im not even scheduled to see my doc for post op till Jan. 20th and have no clue about my first fill. Look forward to hearing from you.

Olene

Hi everyone, today is day 13 and so far I am not too hungry. I have snuck away from my mushy phase a bit and need to get back on track today. I have gained 2 pounds and I feel bad about that. Although, I did some research and found that it is normal to stay at a certain weight or gain a few pounds until your first fill. I am being patient!! Just want to get the show on the road :cursing:

Talk to you all soon,

Court~

Hi, Courtney, Queen and Ollie, First I want to thank Courtney for responding to me and helping get this going. All day today I thought about getting home after my first fill to tell you all about it. It was great. My Doctor did it in his office and had no pain. He uses a special needle though that is about 5 inches long for some reason, probably just to scare you I guess. I really needed my first fill today because I felt myself starting to slide downhill although I did not gain any weight after surgery and actually lost more weight than I thought I would. I have to confess though this morning only because I knew I could get away with it I went to the donut shop and bought the biggest one there and ate the whole thing. No after effects but probably the last time I will ever be able to do that again so I just had to do it just one more time. I haven't had a donut or anything like that for well over 8 months so I deserved it. The rest of the day after the fill was spent at the YMCA working out and now back on liquids for a day. Tomorrow will be mushy and Wednesday will be back to normal just a lot smaller amounts. As far as getting hungry Courtney, There is not much you can do about it until your first fill. Until then just munch on veggies and stuff like that. I even have a little glass of Bloody Mary mix before dinner and pretend its the real thing. Just be sensible about it. When I feel hungry I just ignore it and get busy doing something else. Like I say if it gets to bad out comes the celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. That along with a few olives and I am set to go. I am 59 and have arthritis pretty bad in my lower extremities thats why I got the lap-band in the first place. Its not like I am 400 lbs. overweight (Thank God) I just need to get in better health. I have 8 beautiful grandkids and a wonderful wife that is still totally gorgeous so I have to get in better shape to keep up with her. She is 63 and as I said I am 59 and yes She robbed the cradle. We have been married well over 30 years now and it still seems just like yesterday. We are both retired and have been for quite some time and as she plays in her green house I play in my shop working on a Hot Rod or 2. I still own my business www.roysauto.com but my children run it for me. I have been in business in the same community for over 35 years so I am well established. I do a lot of work at my church with the youth along with Mission work all over the world. Right now I am helping to build a girls school in Liberia, West Africa. Anyone knowing of a good running truck I can fix up and send to them would be a real blessing. Thats about all for me so you'all be good and write when you can. here is my personal e-mail address: feel free to write any time roy4345@sbcglobal.net http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Hey Roy congrats on your first fill glad it went well for you. My name is Olene I have fought my weight all my life. I have yoyoed back and forth it has always been very frustrating for me. I have three wonderful boys and my husband and I have our own business he works full time and I take care of everything else. I am so ready for my life to change for the better and I think I finally found the right road to be on. Look forward to hearing from ya'll soon.

Olie

Hi Olene, What line of business are you in? I know the feeling that you have about being frustrated. I have been that way to for a long time. In my early years I was quite the hunk but didn't really notice it. After I got a lot older I started noticing myself and as my wife got even more beautiful I started going down hill. But now I feel the Lap Band is going to be the perfect tool for me to get back on track. It will be for you to. You just got to stay focused and remain positive in everything you do. Being in business you allready know that now you just have to keep practicing it. Love to hear from you any time as you see fit. Where do you'all live. Here in Missouri it is getting very cold right now. Tonight is supposed to be down in the teens and even lower. I think tomorrow will be spent all day in front of the fireplace. See ya later. Roy

Hey Roy, good to hear from you. I know what you mean about not realizing when you looked good. I so regret that, I look back on that know and wish I would have appreciated what I had while I had it. Anyway we live in Texas and it has been cold here to or cold for Texas anyway! You know we are just not used to cold weather like ya'll are. My husband have our own security business, we provide on-site security officers. We have been in business for about 20 years. It definitily keeps me busy, there is usually never any down time cause when everyone else is off we have to be there but I guess thats why we get paid the big bucks! HaHa. But anyway thats cool that ya'll have a green house I would love to do that, if I could find the time. Maybe one day. I started my mushy phase today and feel better cause I actually feel full for a change. I still have some port pain at times but it is getting more tolerable every day. So can you tell a difference since you got a fill. Any restriction yet? Let me know. Until next time

Olene

Hey Courtney, Roy, and Queen, How is everyone. I hope well, me just trying to stick to my mushy phase. Im scheduled to see my doc on the 20th but I don't have a fill date yet. Do I need to call them or do I have to wait until after I see my doctor and they do it my doc is Collier but I had my surgery with JourneyLite in Houston so thats where I go for my fills. Just ready to get this show on the road. Hope everyone is well and doing great. Look forward to hearing from you.

Olene

I scheduled my first 3 fills at my pre op visit. After my surgery, I went at 2 weeks, Jan 13th, for post op with my doc, then on Jan 23rd is my first fill. You probably should get a few appointments scheduled out. I will go every 3 weeks for fills. Good luck and let us all know what happens.

Hey Queen yea Im going to the seminar at Journeylite on the 28th are there anymore out there. Usually they have them at Dr. Colliers office but not this month so I have to go to Houston. How about you. Its very exciting that there is someone close beginning this journey also.

Hugs,

Olie