Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories Thread

Hi All, these Non scale victories are better than the scale victories. Went to the local WLS group Tues nite. they showed us exercises with stretch bands. The PA said these were for beginners, in the 6 months post surgery. i did them all w/o a problem. Need to ramp up my exercises; they're too easy ( Did I really say that !):smile2:

Hey How is everyone doing? Florida Pete, Doxie, Susan1961? Any more victories? Actually gave up the seatbelt extender in this car this week.

sue, that's get you can get rid of the extender.

Well, I don't have much to add yet. I am wearing misses size 18/XL now...no more plus sizes. Yay! My Dr did say a couple weeks ago to come back in a couple of months to see if we can cut down on my HBP meds or sooner if I start getting dizzy or lightheaded. I did decide to change PCM's...mine is an idiot and I have to tell him everything everytime I go in...he can't be bothered to look at my chart or remember anything about me so I went and requested a different PCM. Hopefully she will be better.

I did take my 4 mth pics and I'm starting to see a waist again. I'll post it soon.

Hey all -

Well you asked for more NSV's from me. I have to say my latest was on Sunday I went for a 3 mile walk. I can't tell you when the last time was that I could actually do that. Even better still I was pushing my 18 month old son in his stroller the whole way too. Other NSV's for me has been fitting into smaller clothes and even some of those are now starting to be a bit on the loose side. I got my 2nd fill this week and am getting used to that. I am up to 4 cc's now.

Doxie, Congrat on no longer having plus size clothing !! that is a boost!! you are doing great!!

Florida Pete, Congrats on the walk, with a stroller , yet!!

NONE of my jeans fit and all of my cardigans are hanging on me.

droopy booty is soooo not cute!

Today's my 4 mos anniversary of being banded... Total weight loss 81 3/4 lb. - since surgery 48 3/4 lbs. I am still convinced this has been the best thing I ever did for myself, my life, and my family.

Since 1/22/09 my health has taken a nose dive... whooping cough, inflammed brochial tubes, (6 weeks), just feeling better and kidney stones hit with lots of complications including two stays in the hospital 3 day and a 8 day. Infection in my blood, surgery on stones, and pnemonia. A very sick cookie.

I know you are wondering where I'm heading with this...NSV - Not being able to exercise but craving, yearning, wanting (in the shape I was I won't use dying) to EXERCISE what a change in my thought process. My LBS has been awesome...visited me in the hospital both times admitted. Dietician has also visited me in hospital.

They have given me such support ... I know I am and will continue to be successful in my new lifestyle change.

Through all the illnesses my primary concern was my band...it has come through like a trooper. I'm still very protective ... which is good because it helps me make good choices and follow the LB rules! I'm really beginning to realize what all the talk about it being a TOOL is about. I have to make my food decisions and can make good choices. Still measuring all my foods.

DH has bought me the Wii/Wii fit and a sport's watch to monitor my heart rate. I did fudge a little (dr. has not released me to do any exercises yet except minor 5 to 10 min. walks.) and tried some of the balancing games and

I did try the Basic Step Aerobics(laughed with DH more than anything because I have no rhythm - can't figure out right, left, front,back - out of 85 steps I got 13 and this was on the beginner!

Another NSV - realizing my DH is there to be supportive and that I can handle his help. I am nothing but grateful for having my best friend travel by my side on this journey.

Have you begun to see a common thread through my rambling.... My most important NSV is my MIND SET. I am beginning to BELIEVE I am changing my LIFESTYLE.

In the beginning of my journal I wrote, "I am dedicating this journal to a lifestyle change: From Living to Eat to Eating to Live!" I believe I am on my way to doing that!

PS - I could actually buy a top today at the local Walmart store and only pay $8.00 instead of the only store for plus size women I've had to shop at for the past 10 years! What an anniversay present!

Keep the faith! Deb

Another NSV - realizing my DH is there to be supportive and that I can handle his help. I am nothing but grateful for having my best friend travel by my side on this journey.

Have you begun to see a common thread through my rambling.... My most important NSV is my MIND SET. I am beginning to BELIEVE I am changing my LIFESTYLE.

In the beginning of my journal I wrote, "I am dedicating this journal to a lifestyle change: From Living to Eat to Eating to Live!" I believe I am on my way to doing that!

PS - I could actually buy a top today at the local Walmart store and only pay $8.00 instead of the only store for plus size women I've had to shop at for the past 10 years! What an anniversay present!

Keep the faith! Deb

Great to hear this Debbie...I hope you are finally getting better. I'm so glad that you have the support of your husband. Take it slow and you'll be back on your feet before you know it!

HI ALL, Have the scale stuck (could it really need a new battery ?) :tongue2:but the slacks i bought 7 weeks ago are too loose9baggy) and the slacks I saved from before (when I kept going up in size) are also too big. got rid of more clothes, too!

After my 2 weeks off of school(teacher) because of hospitalization-kidney stones and 10 days Spring Break I went back to school - decided to wear a t-shirt that actually fit me .... well, my first class,6 children every 1/2 hour - I'm a kindergarten reading teacher, came in. One of my little guys gave me the once over. You could just see his eyes go over me from head to toe and then back to my face...he looked a little perplexed...then he said, "Are you getting skinny are what?" Later, that day a second grade teacher came over and had to tell me a conversation with one of my former students that is now in her class. Her conversation went like this..."This morning when we were waiting for our special class in the hall and you stopped and talked to them, well after you left B---- asked me "Is it just me, or is Mrs. B losing a lot of weight?". I do parent pick up duty everyday and I am having a lot of them ask me about my weight. This has just started happening because I'm pulling out spring clothes from a longgggggg time ago (over 10 years) and wearing clothes that are fitting and showing off my 83 lb. loss. I never throw anything away so I do have a new-old wardrobe.

All this sounds great, right? Well, I do have some worries....that I'd like some help on.....My history tells me when I lose weight enough for people to notice...I have always in the past started to slip off the program...I don't know why? Is it I'm being successful so I don't have to try so hard and give myself permission....Am I feeling uncomfortable with the Personal attention (although I'm a pretty outgoing person). This time I am changing my lifestyle - Exercise and not as obsessed with eating...I guess I keep saying this is too good to be true...when is this going to end. I still have 100 lbs to lose ... I have been very true to the lapband rules and measuring my food until just recently have slipped acouple of times... This is scary for me....

This my not be the right thread for this conversation but along with NSV and being motivated because they did bring a smile and good feeling to me...comes my insecurities.

Please share thoughts, experiences, or suggestions. Thanks Deb

PS I'm having a hard time getting rid of my too big clothes.

ok here it goes......drum roll.........

I'm seeing parts of my body that I haven't seen in years (blush, blush)

And I'm only one month in!

I had a NSV I don't care to repeat. I have a beautiful gold bangle Bracelet that hubby bought me his 1st tour in Iraq. I wore it to work yesterday and when I got home and started taking off my jewelry, it wasn't on my arm. I panicked. I quickly ran back to work and there it was, laying on the floor by the desk where I had been sitting. I think it came off when I pulled my sweater off and I never felt it come over my hand. Whew! I am so glad I found it.

I too have noticed jewelry is loose. I'm able wear some rings and bracelets that I haven't worn in years.

Today I put on a belt and used the very last (tightest) predrilled hole. Yeah!

And, I went clothes shopping last weekend. None of the sweaters/tops I purchased have an 'X' listed as part of the size - and everything fits comfortably.:biggrin:

ConGrats All,

Debbie Gail, i, too hesitated for the same reasons. After pulling the too big clothes out of the closet to make room for the older- smaller stuff- something had to give. It took a few weeks of staring at this pile i was afraid to get rid of before I changed my mind. It will come. To be safe, i save the last size I left and donated the clothing to the YMCA who need clothing for women starting over and needing work clothes. and Good Will. I can sabotage myself really easily but the on-line groups, the local support group, and the exercise help. Keep the Too Big Clothes in a place you will see every day You will get fed up, too. It's just more baggage.

My NSV is fitting into slacks 2 sizes smaller than i could April 1st (Don't know when it happened - the scale says I'm the same but..) :(.