Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories Thread

AWWW Thanks guys... its so great to have somewhere to tell people all the little things about losing weight that no one else would understand..Doxie ..I ride a 07' Yamaha V-Star 1100..she was my christmas present last year!!!!! I love riding my own bike..I used to ride on the back but your right about it being uncomfortable...but I'm a control freak and would rather be in front than back....

Congratulations to everyone for the NSVs. It is great to have a place where we can share these celebrations.

In the last few days I've tried on a number of blouses and jackets. For the first time I am able to actually button the blouses and some jackets I've owned for years. For many years I've worn jackets without buttoning or sipping because I simply couldn't pull together the buttons or attempt the zipper. It really is a great feeling to be able to comfortably wear some of these items that have been in my closet for too many years.

I noticed today that I have cheekbones. Not just pudgy cheeks that some old relative would want to pinch, but honest to goodness cheekbones again.

I have also dropped a pants size. I am still wearing my "big" pants, but today I was able to comfortable wear a pair of jeans that are 1 size smaller.

I know I have a long way to go, but...

Thanks everyone for sharing your NSV!! How very exciting! Congrats to all of you!!

Great thread idea!

1. I can shave my legs without getting tired and I can wash my feet without leaning against the shower wall.

2. I did 30 minutes of high intensity on the elliptical machine tonight and didn't feel tired, instead I had more energy.

3. My foot pain is gone! (plantar fascitis), So is my back pain!

4. BP is down.

5. Everyone at work keeps telling me how great I look.

6. I wore my hair in a ponytail and didn't worry that it made my face look too fat or my double chin stand out without hair to cover it.

7. I wore jeans today to work for casual Friday just like everyone else instead of having to wear regular clothes because jeans looked so bad on me or wouldnt fit me.

8. Eating gives me energy instead of making me feel like I need to take a nap.

9. My surgeon gave me a hug at my fill last week and told me how proud of me he was and how great I'm doing.

10. I save hundreds of dollars on food because I don't eat that much anymore and have saved a ton because I don't buy soda anymore (it was usually about $4 per 12 pack of cans and I would drink them in a couple of days!):cursing::thumbup:

I had the best NSV recently. A guy at the gym asked me how I got my legs so toned. I honestly could not believe he was talking to me.

I love that the band has taught me to enjoy exercise and what it has done to my thighs!

over the years my closet has just kind of become organized with fat clothes coming in on the left and the smaller clothes being pushed to the right. i've found myself wearing clothes i haven't worn in 3 years as i slowly make my way to the right of the closet. i'll pull something out and just say 'let's see if this fits' and so far, everything has!

i went on my first bike ride since weighing my heaviest and did 11 miles. i'm going to start riding my bike to and from work!

tonyisstillhere, congrats, i too spent yesterday cleaning out the Fat Fat clothes,.and pulling clothes i haven't worn in years out. Isn't it fun!! like shopping without spending money!!:thumbup:

have gone down 4 sizes in Jeans ( 34 to 28) and they're still kind of loose. the doctor cut my BP meds in half. and it, too, is still on the low side of normal. :thumbup:

After years of yoyoing- am having second thoughts on giving the too big clothes away- anyone else ?

I was banded in dec and the weight is coming off slowly but my nsv was that at the end of the first month I had 400.00 extra dollars in my account for not spending it on fast foods and taking my family out to eat where I paid for it---- I am happy--- my family --- not so much -- ha ha ha

How's this for a NSV?

I had to adjust the car's rearview mirror. It was pointing too high. As my tushie is not as substantial anymore, it seems I'm not sitting as high in the seat.

And I too am working my way towards the right side in my closet. Put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in months and months.

down to 40 inch jeans from 44, come on 38 , I haven't worn 38 in 20 years.

Edited by ninner

:scared2:Off All BP meds and they cut my inhalant in half. :smile:giving all the old (fat) work clothes to local groups that help women ( abused, or with other problems) get a job.

This is great nsv: I've been able to walk for 1.5 miles come in and bike for an additional 10 min. Pretty good for someone that couldn't make it from parking lot to my classroom without huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

Also, can bend down and tie my shoes! I used to have to have to finagle all around the couch to get the task done.

And the biggest "one my positive attitude" is affecting my DH we actually - playfully wrestled the other night...been a long time since that happened. He's been wonderfully supportive!

Highest weight 386

1st visit to dr. 376

Surgery Date 343

Today 312.2

Edited by DebbieGail
Thanks for this place to brag about the small things only those who have been there understand!

This is great nsv: I've been able to walk for 1.5 miles come in and bike for an additional 10 min. Pretty good for someone that couldn't make it from parking lot to my classroom without huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

Also, can bend down and tie my shoes! I used to have to have to finagle all around the couch to get the task done.

And the biggest "one my positive attitude" is affecting my DH we actually - playfully wrestled the other night...been a long time since that happened. He's been wonderfully supportive!

Highest weight 386

1st visit to dr. 376

Surgery Date 343

Today 312.2

Here's my victory, I bought a dress in the women's department!! Not the plus sizes!!! I must admit that it was a very stretchy material with a very full skirt to cover my still plus size bottom, but I was so thrilled the sales clerk thought I was crazy. And it was on sale! What more could I hope for?:mad2:

Well, I cleaned all the "big" clothes out of the closet - total of 18 "grocery" size bags full of clothes going to charity... I don't want to keep them around, cause I don't want to be able to fit into them again.

Bought a new pair of jeans on the "other side of the wall" at the store - I am in a 16 now!! Wooooooooo hoooooooooo :tt2: Can't wait to see that number keep dropping.