Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I couldn't freakin believe what the Blue team did!! OMG is this a bunch of idiots or what!!

It is time for Dad to cut those apron strings!! I mean the kid is 18! "I don't want to leave my son here!" oh please! Is he gonna go to college with the kid and be his dorm buddy?

Since they have a person who has had the by-pass done I am wondering if they would have someone on the show who has had the lapband?

I know they are holding open call auditons in Nashville on Saturday...hmmmm I might just have to go and check it out!!

I'm watching BL on DVR now and I'm just cracking up. I can't BELIEVE how f'd up these people are on this show! I guess since they are isolated from the real world, they lose their grip on reality. I mean, they are all bawling and having an emotional melt down because they switched teams and trainers? C'mon people! Bob crying really takes the cake. It's just disgusting!

Agree 100%. I did make the comment that, maybe you had to be there. They all seemed really upset about it, so maybe there's more to it....??? I dunno. It's beyond my comprehension, though.

btw - tara is a rock star.

won the mud contest & rode the most miles....she's on a mission.

She is now my hero. I like her more than any other previous contestant. She rocks.

STUPID STUPID STUPID decision.

Amen.

Most people lose more weight with a good bowel movement.

I thought I was the only one.

You worked a quote from Heathers into that? Dude.....that's awesome.

I agree ...Does that sound bitchy?

Somehow, The Stud Loser Dane becomes the target. I'm not sure how, but I'm certain it's because the Twit Twins (Andi, Mandi, Sandi, whateveri) have a thing for the Ripple Dad. Maybe he reminds them of their favorite stuffed bear. .

manatee - i love your episode analysis, far better than tivo'ing through the commercials!!! thanks.

jillian has the competition locked. it will be tween one of the guys & tara, and i'm pulling for tara!

oh are they looking for a new trainer? who is being replaced?

ok, that REALLY pisses me off about Dane & the marathon ... i was SO impressed ... grrrrr

dumb move on the blue team's part ... they will vote off shar pei dad next week me thinks...

Mantee, thanks so much for the shorter version and it was quite imformative as well as quite funny.

Mantee, I think you should be the one to give us your version every episode. :)

I think Jillian has this one for this season as well. I am pulling for the cousins (blue shirt boys) and Tara.

Ok, I started multi-quoting and realized I was basically copying the last 2 pages. Anyway....

Seems we're all in agreement that Bob's team is losing brain matter along with their pounds. I was completely flabbergasted (that term somehow seems so appropriate when talking about BL).

Manatee -- you're the bomb (A-Bomb) when it comes to episode recaps. Much better than the BL announcer.

Oh, and one other thing? Turns out he didn't REALLY run that marathon after all.

I'm not surprised. To go from that overweight to a Marathon in that amount of time doesn't seem realistic to me. There's another BL dude saying how he's going to do an Ironman. Hey guys, do the 5K first and the Sprint Tri before you start talking Ironman and marathons!

You worked a quote from Heathers into that? Dude.....that's awesome.

It was awesome even before that. :)

I'm really not surprised hearing about the marathon being half-fake...they said he did the 26 miles in a little over 3 hours...even though these contestants ARE getting stronger and better at working out, there's no way he'd be at the point yet (at 300 lbs) to be able to have a 7-8 MPH average.

SPOILER SPACE -- IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT <STOP>

ok.

Jillian proves the old Bear Bryant saying "I'll beat you with my team today, and I'll beat you with your team tomorrow.” A product-placement quiz gives the black team a 3 lbs pass that they end up not needing, because Jillian is a raging force of nature and even the (former) Big Blues are scared of her.

At the weigh-in, Bob's team gets smacked down, with Brown Ripple Dad trailing behind as usual. In the meantime Dane has set some sort of record for losing 100 lbs faster than anyone. Of course, he started at about 700 lbs, but he carries it well on his 8'3" frame. Nevertheless, Bob's Boobs have to decide who goes home.

Now, if I recall correctly, this is a game. With, ya know, a LOT of money at stake. And right now, it's a team thing, so Bob's team needs to step up, get that % weight loss thing happening, and start kicking ass. So, naturally, they decide....

To cry.

Again.

"I love my dead gay son," sobs Brown Ripple Dad. Or something like that.

Somehow, The Stud Loser Dane becomes the target. I'm not sure how, but I'm certain it's because the Twit Twins (Andi, Mandi, Sandi, whateveri) have a thing for the Ripple Dad. Maybe he reminds them of their favorite stuffed bear.

In any case, the crying continues into the Table Of Banishment scene, in which Bob's team decides to send home the athletic dude with the huge weight losses, and keep the guy who weighs 400 lbs and loses 5 lbs a week. For a total percentage weight loss of NOT FREAKING ENOUGH. Most people lose more weight with a good bowel movement.

This of course means that Jill's team pretty much has the next few team competitions sewn up. The competition will get even weaker when Bob blows out that vein on his forehead at the beginning of the next episode, and drops dead on the spot. Maybe that's why TBL is looking for a new trainer?

In the post-separation scene, Dane talks about how fabulous he's doing, and how he's been inspired to run a marathon. Funny thing, though, is that he didn't look that much smaller. Oh, and they didn't mention his weight. Oh, and one other thing? Turns out he didn't REALLY run that marathon after all. Take a look at the following link, near the bottom: Melancholy Smile: WE DID IT!

Tune in next week when in an attempt to keep people interested despite the inevitable Black smack-down, the editors make it look like Tarrable walks out on Jillian.

Yah. Right. The chick is a MACHINE.

Great post! I don't care if you did get it from Heathers. I've seen it before and never made the connection.

I couldn't freakin believe what the Blue team did!! OMG is this a bunch of idiots or what!!

It is time for Dad to cut those apron strings!! I mean the kid is 18! "I don't want to leave my son here!" oh please! Is he gonna go to college with the kid and be his dorm buddy?

Since they have a person who has had the by-pass done I am wondering if they would have someone on the show who has had the lapband?

I know they are holding open call auditons in Nashville on Saturday...hmmmm I might just have to go and check it out!!

I still like the Blue Team and I'm rooting for them. I can't get connected with Tara. She seems way too overbearing and snotty for me. She even seemed like she would have been happy with the prospect of dumping her team-mate.

I actually believe this will be the first time ever that I root for a guy over a gal.

Sometimes I forget its a game and they are thinking about 1/4 of a million dollars, when I think this way they did send the biggest threat on the blue team home. Kristen hangs in there tight but shes be so near the yellow on most weeks. I wanted dad home and felt bad when the son said he'd loose it if his dad went but I have 5 sons and if you don't let them fly away they become true mams boys and I don't see how thats a good thing. Maybe I'm mean but I was thinking dads lost a lot of weight bad knees and all but maybe he could have some additional surgery now. Not really sure whats available after a RNY. I'm just really sick of listening to him whine. Now that blue lost the strongest player they most likey will see dad and one of the original yellows below tomorrow night. I know that most of blue came in with the dad but geeze if he brings them down 1/10 as much as he does me he would have been gone weeks ago..............theres my 2 cents worth, feel free to keep the change

You can have a band put around the pouch or you can get Stomaphyx where they tighten up your pouch and stoma. These only help if the problem is that your stoma has stretched so you don't get that full feeling any more.

If the problem is that you need more malabsorption than RnY gives you, there is the DS.

If the problem is in your head and you won't do the work, eat a lot of slider foods, don't exercise, sabotage yourself, etc. ain't nothing you can revise to that you won't learn how to get around.

Dane and Jillian were just on the Today show talking about his "marathon". He said the producer picked him up and drove him 3 miles to make sure they got the shot of him crossing the finish line as it was understood they had to finish in 6 hrs. Says he went back and ran those 3 miles to make sure he ran the whole thing.

I think it was the show that did him wrong and not him trying to pull one over on the public. Just home he can keep it up.

On a sidenote: Jillian was looking HOT!!!!!!:)

Dane and Jillian were just on the Today show talking about his "marathon". He said the producer picked him up and drove him 3 miles to make sure they got the shot of him crossing the finish line as it was understood they had to finish in 6 hrs. Says he went back and ran those 3 miles to make sure he ran the whole thing.

I think it was the show that did him wrong and not him trying to pull one over on the public. Just home he can keep it up.

On a sidenote: Jillian was looking HOT!!!!!!:)

Just saw it too. Not sure whether I believe him or not and quite frankly, don't really care. I think he'll keep it up. He worked so hard and lost so much weight, I don't see how he can bear to regain it.

Haven't seen you lately on PJTP.

Just saw it too. Not sure whether I believe him or not and quite frankly, don't really care. I think he'll keep it up. He worked so hard and lost so much weight, I don't see how he can bear to regain it.

Haven't seen you lately on PJTP.

Kind of think he will too.

Just haven't had much to say lately. Really busy at work and alot on my mind that isn't worth sharing right now. Hopefully, soon I'll have something to say worthwhile.:)

I saw it also. I think he worked very hard to avoid saying it was his idea. "It was understood" is a lame way of offsetting responsibility. Did you, or did you not, make the decision to get in the van?

This will ruffle some feathers, but so be it: a very common thing among the MO is an aversion to taking personal responsibility for their actions. Things 'happen to them' a lot. WE are responsible for our actions. WE choose the consequences. WE choose what we eat, what we do, whether we exercise, where we live, what our situation is. If something 'can't be changed,' all that means is we don't want to deal with the impact of making a decision to change it. If you look, you'll see that attitude all over this board, especially among those who's band is "is failing me".

He got in that van. He could have said no.

"To desire the end is to desire the means to that end. If you are unwilling to embrace all actions required to achieve it, you never really wanted it at all." -- SM Stirling