Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got a date, Jan. 21st hopeful

Hey, new to this site. I hope to find a support site, so I can reach out and find support throughout this journey. I want to succeed, I need to get healthier. I am currently on BP meds, and the weight is a big part of my problem. I have 2 very young children, 5 yrs and 2 yrs, I want to live to see them grow, and I want to enjoy them, play with them without conditions.

Right now I weigh 224-227 lbs, BMI 42

I am anxiously waiting for my procedure date

Any insite to what to really expect would be appreciated

This site is wonderful with support, especially if you have questions, i post on the forum or go right into chat. I also have a 2 year old son, my band date is in feb. I have had very positive feedback from this site....:wink_smile:

I can say my procedure went quite well! I am in very little to almost no pain. Dr. Swartz here in Fresno, cA is the best.

I have yet to experience any real gas problem. I went in at 6:00am and had the lap-band placed at 8:00am awake at 10:00 am sipping by 10:30am and home by 3:00 pm! no problems. Got home, 15 min drive and rested. Up at 6:00pm took a walk outside and drank some of my Protein Drink. I did keep on top with the liquid pain med, just in case something would kick in, lucky nothing major. I slept pretty good, up at 6:30 ironed some clothes at 7:00 am got my son ready for school.

today has been a pretty good day, showered and drove. I have been able to drink all the Protein drink 45 gms and had a slimfast another 10gm. I was able to get down my BP meds, I was so scared, but they went down just fine.

Thank God, for this wonderful experience thus far. More later:thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches