Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isn't that crazy? When I was in the hospital, my bp was routinely like 90/50, 100/55, crazy low. They were like, don't you have pre-eclampsia? Duh, I'm on 24 hour a day bedrest, only getting up to pee and shower.

I've had two inductions. My first was induced at 36 weeks, started with Cervadil to soften the cervix, then Pitocin. Total labor time was approximately 30 hours. Second, induced at 33 weeks, emergency induction so everything was very rushed and I had way more Pitocin than is normally given, Water broken very early. I also started at about 2-3 cm because I'd gone into pre-term labor at 32 weeks, but it stopped. Total labor time was about 8 hours.

another update ...

i'm having very irregular contractions... it's 4:30pm and i've felt 3 all day ... hopefully they wont have to induce cause i REALLY dont want pitocin due to the pain factor and i'm a wimp... i know i will get an epidural so BP doesnt skyrocket, but i'd rather wait on that as long as i can...

Yeah I always try to not say it, but my mom says the pitocin stuff is extremely painful and then rarely works.. I remember my friend who had the baby last year told me 'they are going to induce me with pitocin tonight' and I was just like.. WOOHOO?

She ended up having a c-section anyway.

Despite all the scariness though, you've got to be super excited right?? I have gotten to the point I am TOO excited, I can't hardly wait.. and I still have 3 months!!!!! That seems like eternity right now. Last visit, doc asked if I've had contractions. Took me back, didn't realize I'm far enough along to have the false ones. I've had pains lately, but I have no idea what a contraction would feel like and I hear you KNOW, so I figure that's not it.

What's it feel like? :thumbup:

If he does come soon, get DH to post for us what the status is :biggrin:

i've seen 2 friends give birth that was started with pitocin and both seemed fairly normal... i think it depends on how strong the pitocin dose is in your IV. i also remember that they tended to turn UP the pitocin to get things moving after mommy got an nice epidural...some women feel that epidural relaxes you too much and pitocin makes you go too fast, so do they cancel each other out?

keep us posted on those contractions LJM! hopefully Joshua is just practicing and will be in there at least another week.

Despite all the scariness though, you've got to be super excited right?? I have gotten to the point I am TOO excited, I can't hardly wait.. and I still have 3 months!!!!!

If he does come soon, get DH to post for us what the status is :smile:

im so excited .. and ready!! i really wanna get out of the hospital... it's been 14 days today. :biggrin: :thumbup:

i'll at least have him post to my FB account and my blog

i've seen 2 friends give birth that was started with pitocin and both seemed fairly normal... i think it depends on how strong the pitocin dose is in your IV. i also remember that they tended to turn UP the pitocin to get things moving after mommy got an nice epidural...some women feel that epidural relaxes you too much and pitocin makes you go too fast, so do they cancel each other out?

i heard that they can cancel each other out and i did bring it up with my doc. they will just up the pitocin ... fun times!!

keep us posted on those contractions LJM! hopefully Joshua is just practicing and will be in there at least another week.

NO!! as long as i can make it til tomorrow (i'll be 37 weeks and 'full term') i'm perfectly fine with going anytime after that... i need to get out of here! gahhhhhhhh!!

You're doing great, LJM!!!

Hang in there, you're almost done! Just one more day and then Joshua can make his entrance! I'm still praying for you!

Have you been able to find ways to keep occupied? I mean besides eating! LOL! Just a little longer now.

Hugs!

Have you been able to find ways to keep occupied? I mean besides eating! LOL! Just a little longer now.

mostly just ranting and raving about people who post insanely stupid things without thinking...

i have a double edged concern though .. i am STARVING all.the.time now... ALL THE TIME... i can literally eat at 11 and be famished at 12... and the only thing that really satisfies me is bready type things... nilla wafers, crackers, etc.... DH brought me tons of stuff to munch on ... granted when i eat it, it's not much - 2-3 nilla wafers if i wake up in the middle of the night, but its the fact that i eat in the middle of the night and then lay down and (try to) sleep ... the weight is just going to pile on...

Sorry, LJM. I was referring to this post on pg.2.

Take care!

'Night!

LJM I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear that Joshua is finally here . . . although I know it could be right around the corner or further down the road. Now that you are full term, it would be great if the contractions will just carry you away to a simple vaginal delivery.

Me too LJ! So frickin' psyched for you guys! You're so close girl...WOOO! Since you're getting to 37 weeks, will they still let you go as long as possible, or will they now induce?

I myself am getting a funny little beer-gut looking tummy! I have to be a bridesmaid tomorrow in a girlfriend's wedding, so I tried my dress on last night just to make sure it fits. It does, YAY! However, my hubby couldn't resist making the comment that it "Looked like someone knocked up the prom queen"...sheesh.

I'm so excited for you! :w00t: Just a few more days...I can't believe it.

It really shows the lack of life I have, that I remember your pre-pregnancy posts.... wow.

I also gotta tell ya...I'm getting a little baby fever myself.

I'm so excited for you! :thumbup: Just a few more days...I can't believe it.

It really shows the lack of life I have, that I remember your pre-pregnancy posts.... wow.

I also gotta tell ya...I'm getting a little baby fever myself.

well Gloucester - are you saying that's all i talk about ?? :w00t:

and blog about and Facebook about .. heh...

LJM- sounds like a rough time!! I hope everything is working out okay.

I'm reading this post and thinking that it seems a lot of people have been on bed rest. Is it just inevitable that larger people or those who might have higher blood pressure go on bed rest? Forgive me ignorance... I don't know alot about the whole pregnancy thing. Still learning. :confused:

IT'S BABY TIME!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA

almost