Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried to KILL ME

I swear it tried to kill me!!! My band. It unleashed its self from around my stomach.....climbed up my esophogus, jumped outta my mouth and wrapped its self around my neck and proceeded to choke me till my lips turned blue!

Okay, maybe the lips were blue because of the Raspberry Slurpie that I drank. And maybe the feeling like I was going to die was present because I drank a way too big of a slurpie in way too short of a time period. I gulped it down!!! It was hot...The slush was oh soooo cold...Oh Demon of Pleasure how do I reject you?

I had to sit down and REST after a drink!! I shouldn't have had the slush in the first place, however, who knew it would be my downfall for the day? Thought it would slip right thru...hell no!! I was in PAIN! Learned that lesson the hard way I guess......NO MORE DAMN SLURPIES....well, that big.... :devious ... I ONLY had a medium.... Yep, way too big.

LESSON LEARNED!!

Oh my goodness...thanks for letting me know. I haven't tried anything like that yet but I sure do love them. I am a big chicken at trying new things.

Glad your ok and the band didn't choke you. hehe...

I'm guessing the cold caused it to tighten up pretty good. I still have troubles with cold, cold drinks and I don't even have a fill yet.

I will TOTALLY keep this in mind because I adore Slurpees on a hot day.

The only thing I could think was because it was cold and because I had a medium one, which is like 16 ounces all at once...I didn't chug it, but I didn't sip it either....This was like 3 hours after dinner soooo maybe part of dinner was still in the pouch?? Dunno, what ever it was.....SLURPIES ARE FROM THE DEVIL, IM SURE OF IT ehehehehe This was sooo totally my fault....big time learning experience. I have had two fills....so maybe that makes the difference?? Dunno...whatever it was...I learned!! Small slurpie ~ a long long long time after dinner and sip sip sip!!!

I don't have a fill yet either (scheduled 8/8) but I have to go REAL slow with soft, cold stuff. I have to take small bites and wait between them with frozen yogurt or I get the most excruciating brain freezes!

I've never gotten a brain freeze from a slurpee but I do get "baby heart attacks" from them, its a horrible pain in the chest b/c of the cold LOLOL !!!

THANKS FOR THE WARNING LOLOL !!!!

Your had problems with a Slurpee? how cruel and un-fair is that and in this summer heat...lol...FYI here in canada there called slushies...hehe....i had a really good one the other day just a small one..but it was a crystle lite slushie. Raspberry ice, went down WAY to good.

better luck next time,

iamcanadian25

~ Yea it was a close call ~ PHEW I made it out of the clutches...I saw hell...And it wasn't pretty .. What a cruel and unusual joke to play on someone when its a thousand degrees out! That sure did suck!!!

Boy oh boy do I know your pain, sister! That happened to me ONCE only when I took a drink too fast from a frozen margarita. But that was pre-band. It's like an esophogeal-brain-freeze thing. Awful. Just sip slowwwwww.

Hummm slow sips ya say DeLarla....hummm That may work if I didn't want everything RIGHT NOW....My girlfriend calls me Varuca Sault from the orgnl Willy Wanka and The chocolate Factory...shes the one that turned into the blueberry..OH MY GOD what a weird coincidence! She got done in by a BLUEBERRY and I got done in by a RASPBERRY Hummm too many weird simularities to my life and that movie. :(

TTYL