Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love beef Jerky, and eat it regularly.

It is a great treat. Just eat it slowly (one of the great things about it is that it can be eaten slowly).

I don't think I can say I would not survive banding without it, but it keeps helps me sane.

Thanks everyone for the idea! Hubby and teenage son love Jerky. I've never tried it...but will buy some next time I go to costco or BJ's. The boys have always tried to get me to taste it BUT just didn't like the looks of it. Hubby says if I can eat cottage cheese (which is a red light food) I can eat anything!

Some days I need something for the drive home...I have an hour drive each way. This sounds perfect!! :)

Beef Jerky is a High Protein and low fat anytime snack or Meal Replacement item. :)

I love beef jerky, and eat it regularly.

It is a great treat. Just eat it slowly (one of the great things about it is that it can be eaten slowly).

I don't think I can say I would not survive banding without it, but it keeps helps me sane.

Right on guys! Jerky is a great snack - and good food to practice chew chew chewing on. I do prefer the solid meat jerky like Jack Links over the more processed stuff like Slim Jim. Just make sure your drinking lots of fluids to flush out the excess sodium because all jerky is LOADED with salts. It would be one food to avoid for a few days ahead of a weigh-in at the doctors office.

Brad

I too am a Jerky lover and not for the reasons most of the rest of you are. I do Research and Development work for Jack Link's Beef Jerky and I am a newly banded Man. I have been afraid to even try Jerky or Nuggets and even the Tender cuts. I will chew and taste and spit out for fear of getting hung up. This is where the band kind of gets in the way of a persons job but you have to do what you have to do to do to do your job. Lots of now Items coming out in 09 great new flavors in all varieties. Beef, Pork, chicken and Turkey. Soft and Tender for 09 So if you can eat the tougher items this will be a good year.

Beef Jerky is a High Protein and low fat anytime snack or meal replacement item. :)

I agree, jerky is a wonderful Protein filled snack that is low in calories.

Once you are off the post-op diet and all full foods, there is no reason why you can't eat the jerky as long as you chew well.

I did it today, I had some beef Jerky right out of the smokehouses, man is that the best. I have not had any since the first part of Dec. when I went on the liquid diet. Oh wow the fresh turkey jerky we were doing today was out of this world and the hickory smoked was pretty darn good too. I also tried a teriyaki beef steak nugget just one right out of the ovens. (had to chew in very little bites) but that went very well also. I think Jack Link's is going to be OK for my band I am so HAPPY for this. I did have the jerky in place of my lunch today.

You guys just made me a happy girl! I was thinking that Jerky was out of my diet forever. ONce I get to eating ;noraml' foods again I will have to try this. Not to mention a road trip is coming up and you basically eat out of gas stations!