Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jumping into the NeW YeaR...2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. Not sure if this will reach everyone to start the new thread.

I spent my day cooking some of my veggies and carbs for the next two weeks. That just leaves my Protein to fix. I'm starting a new meal plan. Fish 5x a week, chicken 1x a week and 1 or 2 meatless days. I've already started this but now want to eventually cut out chicken.

Increase my fruit intake to two a day.

Increase my exercise routine to 5 or 6 days a week. (I can do this for my daughter is 17yrs and not home till after 8pm, and right now I don't have much of a social life.)

Take better care of my health especially my dental and eyes.

So, of course this should shed the 30lbs I want to lose by our anniversity. All this is attainable and not to far fetched.

So, what attainable goals you are going to set for yourself?

Gwen great goals for the new year.

How do you fix your fish? I have never like fish except the kind that is deep fat fried. I should really try some again. What kind do you like? I don't like fishy taste and that maybe why I like the fried kind because it doesn't taste like fish.

New Year new goals. I be happy with just losing 10 lbs by my anniversary.

Thanks for starting a new thread.

Carol

I love fish. There isn't anyway that you could cook it that I wouldn't love. But my all time fav is quick, hot, smoked salmon.

I have my goal of 150 by sometime in June and if I reach that goal, I am going to finish my back tattoo.

I started walking my mile a day this morning. I plan on doing this Mon-Fri (I can do it at work by coming in early). When I do this for 4 weeks in a row, I am going to go get a deep cleaning facial.

I am also tracking my intake on sparkpeople. Haven't set any goal/reward to that yet, but will be thinking about it.

I also want to add other cardio to my exercise.

And lastly, I WILL QUIT SMOKING THIS YEAR.

Hi All on day 2 of the New Year. Today I had a bad experience that caused me to PB. I had to take 4 capsules for my detox program. I usually open the capsules and pour it into something to eat. I thought taking them would cause no problem. I had trouble after swallowing pill 3 and 4. Tried to eat a ceral bar and had trouble with that too. Then I had trouble drinking the last two sips of my tea. About 20 min later up came the tea. That's when I should of stopped.

Tried to eat my Soup for lunch and that was when my problem began. Up came the Soup, slime the Cereal bar and a papaya pills I thought would help calm my stomach. It was horrible for 30 min. Gagging, spitting, upchucking, oh it was bad. But, I felt better when it was all over.

So, no more taking any pills I think might give me trouble.

As for fixing my fish, try marinating your fish in an oil-vinegar dressing. I like the italian robusto... Then make up your own seasoning pretty much the same as you would your meats. I tried using recipes, but came up better making my own, using can gravy, cream soup, even Tomato Soup. Honey-mustard, etc. Also, I like stuffed flounder/filets with what ever is available. I mostly use salmon steak, swai, talipia, you'll have to try many to find which you like best.

So, give it a whirl and good luck. Let me know what you come up with.

Good Luck with using sparkpeople again. I too am going to start with stage 1 and work my way to stage 4. That should bring me to my goal weight by June of 150lbs also.

Edited by Whitepants

Hi Everyone, just checking in and see I am not the only one who have been away for awhile. Haven't lost anything lately and just getting back into exercising.

I also started a 14 day total body detox program. So far, so good. Haven't lost any weight yet, but my insides are getting cleansed out.

Did my regular weekly cooking going to start a fast of no meats for 9 days. Followed by slowly introducing certain foods and meats back into my diet.

So, hope to hear good and new goals from you.

I'm back to working out during my lunch hour.

Also, just trying to create some new food patterns and not let some of the old ones get me down too badly.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by April when I have plastic surgery.

Nice to move into 2009 with you all.

Hi All, things are going okay w/ me. Nothing new to report. Back into exercising and feeling well.

Oh Juli, have you been approved and given a date and what all will the surgery cover?

What's new with you?

I also started a 14 day total body detox program. So far, so good. Haven't lost any weight yet, but my insides are getting cleansed out.

White pants, what kind of detox program are you doing? I think I need to detox, too...

Tonight I'm wandering the kitchen wanting something to eat, but I'm not hungry. What do you do to get rid of these thoughts? I just hate these feelings. Its been really bad these last couple of days.

Did make to the Y this morning. Walked in the river for a mile and then did the arobics class. Just need to go more often then twice a week.

Thanks for listening everyone. Its really helpful knowing you guy are there.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Good Morning All. I'm on the road to losing weight again. I think not only have I passed the "dreaded plateau" but losing inches as well. I've lost another inch of my hips and dropped 4lbs since last week. Another way I can tell when I'm losing steadly is going to the bathroom. Even if I haven't gotten in my 6 - 8 glasses of Water a day.

The detox problem I'm doing is a 14 day complete body cleanse. Store brand "Whole food - 365 - Complete Body Cleanse". It's a regime of a liver cleanse, mild laxative and Fiber blend". The laxative was milder than I expected. At one time I wasn't sure it was working. Any cleanse vary from least expensive to expensive. ($16.99 - 34.99) So, I went the store brand cost. In reaching some include powders and pills, others just pills. Some may have large pills to take. Mines did and I had to crush them and put into something to drink or eat (apple sauce). There are also 3 day cleanses. The 3 day may be more drastic than stretcing it out to the 7 day, 14 or 30 day cleanse. I'm also going to include this in my regime, doing it every change of the season.

I'm satisfy with the results I'm seeing and really feel good. Didn't need to change my eating habits, but, "we're already eating healthy" anyway.

When I'm searching the kitchen and frige for something to eat, I keep can tuna fish, Tomato Soup and apple sauce in stock, and snack on that. Although sometimes I don't want that either. But when I eat them, I'm okay.

Hope everyone have a great weekend. Visiting my sister in the hospital, cleaning and throwing out papers and clothes is what's in store for me this weekend.

Edited by Whitepants

Good Morning Everyone. Just want to say I have held my position of 199.8 lbs for 2 days. I have now arrived at Onederland and the feeling is great.

This has given me more confidence that I will reach my goal weight by March. And be in my Whitepants for my Birthday in July.

Well, on my way to the gym for step aerobics and kwando classes.

Hope your weekend is great.

Well, 09 has not been too good for me yet.

This past Tuesday my 19 yo son was going back to college (classes started back Wednesday). It’s about an hour drive by interstate. There was a bad accident and everyone was detoured though Lincoln. My son has never drove in Lincoln and Lincoln does a crappy job of not only marking detours, but streets as well. He was almost through the Detour when he totaled his car. No one was hurt , but it was his fault. By the time I got there the tow truck was ready to go. He had it towed home (which I thought was stupid to pay $190 tow for a car with a bent frame), but it turned out ok as he sold the car the next day for $350.

I had woken up on Tuesday with a mild toothache and by Wednesday it was throbbing. I got up Thursday and my left lower jaw as swollen. Heck, I get up before my husband and when he got up and saw me, the first words out of his mouth were “I guess a blow job is out of the question”. Granted it was funny, but smiling and laughing hurt like heck. I ended up at the dentist but all they did was gave me antibiotics. After being on the antibiotics for 24 hours, I called them back as the swelling had gotten worse and the pain was through the roof. They had to lance it. Let me tell you what, that sucks!!! This time they gave me a script for Vicodin.

I am sitting here at work today ready to fall asleep (no I am not on the pain meds today). I really, really, really just want one good nights sleep, then a big chunk of prime rib. I have been on liquid/soft foods since Tuesday.

Well, that’s how my year is going so far. I know that it can only get better.

hello my Marchie peeps.

Where is Jeni??? I miss you!

Gwen, my surgery should be the first week of April. I'm mostly self pay, my insurance will only cover the panniculetomy, not the complete lower body lift and certainly not the arms.

I have to pay first then be reimbursed by insurance. The big giant bill is $20,000. I should get a few grand back. And yeah, who has that kind of money, but I figure I'd spend near to that on a car, and this is my body for the rest of my life. I'll pay for it.

Mrs H. Sorry to hear about your son and your mouth. ick ick ick.

But you seem to be seeing the bright side, your son wasn't hurt and your mouth is getting better. I don't want this to come out wrong, but your son probably learned a good lesson at an expense which didn't get anyone hurt. You know the lesson to pay attention and cars can actually kill people so take that responsibility seriously. It took me well into my 20s to know that one.

School is back on and the count down has begun. 11 more weeks until I'm finished with my MBA. It's been a long four years. (I had complete my undergraduate degree first...)

Also, I'm working out more diligently than I have been. I continue to be excited for the new year.

Peace.

Good Morning All, as we all start this new week. Nothing new on the home front. Making a medical list of all my body parts I need to take care of. My 1 stop will be dental, before my dentist not give me another refill of antibotic over the phone... Mrs. Husker it good that you went quickly to the dentist before the infection spread. Waiting for the swelling to go away.

Juli, I commend anyone who is willing to get reconstructive surgery. I so don't want to go under the knife again. But, if I do, I just hope it's for one body area only. My prayers will be with you when you go. This is your year for a new you. You Go Girl!!!!

My exercise regime is going well. I've lost 5 lbs and 1/2 inches since I began this detox. Helped with the gym and I think mostly the Kwando classes. The Kwando class have me stretching my entire body with the kicks and moves. I like this class.

Well, everyone have a great and positive week, healthy week. This year let's get our health in line with our continued weigh loss journey. We know what we need to do, just need to put it into work.

Let this be the one thing we do for ourselves. We deserve it. Let's put as much energy into ourselves as we do for others. For so many others depend on us, whether we want to believe it or not.

Well, that's it for me. Have to trudge out in the snow to vist my sister in the hospital. Then come back and prepare my meals for the week.

Take Care.

Gwen,

I'll tell you what, I'm not entering into plastic surgery easily.

I wish I was, I'm processing all kinds of things, like the what ifs and am I being vain?

But the reality of it is is that I can fit a second body under this skin. I literally hangs off the front of my body and movement is hindered by it. So it is what it is.

I don't want to sound unexcited by the prospect either. It's kind of a multi sided something or another that I'm dealing with.

The money, the potential for death, the scars, the checking out of life for a month while I recover...all of it kind of weighs on me.

The pros though are being better able to move and run and to look on the outside as fit as I actually am. You should see my biceps!

Also, I don't want to look like a former fat person. I don't run from my past as a fat person but I want to tell people about it, I don't want someone to take one look and go, wow she's dropped massive wieght.

You know the look, we spot our peers every where.

Sorry to go on about it here. This seems like a safe place on LBT, I don't have a plastics thread started well because I don't want THAT much feedback. Just a little from my people I trust, you guys.

Have a glorious week.