Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How low can you go in 09 weightloss challenge#1

Great job on the 14 pounds. I go back to the doctor on August 25th and am hoping to be down 10-12 pounds my self. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I went in yesterday and the good news was that I'd lost 14 pounds in 7 weeks (yeah. . .all that daily exercise paid off!) I'm a little worried though because my doc "made me" take some Fluid out of my band when I told her that I'm mainly only able to eat fluids and really soft foods at both Breakfast and lunch. I've now started feeling really hungry again, and am scared that the loss of fluid in the band is going to slow down my progress. Only five pounds to go until I hit 163 - thats my BMI 29.9 point. Seems significant in my head to move from "obese" to "overweight" on the BMI scale for the first time in over 10 years. . . Gonna get there in August if it kills me.

hi all well i did it my goal for july was 5lbs i lost 15 but gained 2lbs so i still lost 13lbs and im happy with that. im gonna hang in there i have 22lbs to lose by sept,20th when i go to bahamas. and im gone give it my all and all.

so its a new month and i hope everyone hangs in there and keeps posting. the group is still here for anyone interested. i wish everyone luck and come on lets get going.:)

Great Job China!! I lost 6 pounds this last month. My goal for August is another 5 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.

right back at ya:smile:. and yes the turtle does win the race. keep up the good work. oh ya i tried these splenda accent lemon flavor have you tried them. i seem to like them i also use the crystal lite. just wondering if anyone has tried them.

Great Job China!! I lost 6 pounds this last month. My goal for August is another 5 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.

Although I didn't make my monthly goal, I still did great this month. The last week was riddled with birthdays, a funeral, and some bad food choices of some very tasty sliders.

Even still, I lost 1 lb this week. New goal for next month, 8 lbs.

Keep going everyone!!!! Rah Rah RAH!!!!!!

any weightloss is a good thing im sure you will do better next time. in any case im proud of the weight you have lost keep up the good work.

Although I didn't make my monthly goal, I still did great this month. The last week was riddled with birthdays, a funeral, and some bad food choices of some very tasty sliders.

Even still, I lost 1 lb this week. New goal for next month, 8 lbs.

Keep going everyone!!!! Rah Rah RAH!!!!!!

Anybody heard from Florida Pete? Hope you are still doing great out there, Pete. You are such an inspiration. . .hope you are off having too much fun to post.

Anybody heard from Florida Pete? Hope you are still doing great out there, Pete. You are such an inspiration. . .hope you are off having too much fun to post.

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot has been going on. I had injured myself twice in two weeks. Really took it's toll on me but really not as bad as you might think. As a result I lost then gained then lost and am still at 355. Then I got laid off from work. Yeah sounds bad but I am keeping a positive attitude about it all. In all I am still down 130 lbs since my highest weight and keeping it off. Still plenty more still to go but that's ok. I will get there. I hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss. It's amazing how just 9 months ago we all were getting surgery done and how much it has changed all of our lives! Well at least I know it has changed my life a lot. :biggrin:

So this last week I lost 2 pounds but the week before was a gain of 2 so it's been a wash. LOL So goes it and this week will be better! :biggrin:

Hello everyone, I'm embarassed to admit it took me 8 months to find this subforum. There are so many. I wondered where you all went!

Congrats Bill!! I think you are the first one in our forum to get all the way to goal. Guess it really CAN be done. :blink:

Glad to hear from you, Pete. I was getting worried. (I'm a mom of 6. . .its what I do) Sorry to hear about the job loss - best of luck to you in finding a quick and better replacement. Welcome back!

welcome billoh glad to have

and welcome back pete sorry about the job thing hang in there things will get better. im glad to hear that you are still loosing. i to go thru the loose and gain. but im gone hang in there im trying to loose 20lbs by the time i go to the bahamas sept 21. so i got my work ahead of me.

Hello everyone, I'm embarassed to admit it took me 8 months to find this subforum. There are so many. I wondered where you all went!
Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot has been going on. I had injured myself twice in two weeks. Really took it's toll on me but really not as bad as you might think. As a result I lost then gained then lost and am still at 355. Then I got laid off from work. Yeah sounds bad but I am keeping a positive attitude about it all. In all I am still down 130 lbs since my highest weight and keeping it off. Still plenty more still to go but that's ok. I will get there. I hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss. It's amazing how just 9 months ago we all were getting surgery done and how much it has changed all of our lives! Well at least I know it has changed my life a lot. :)

So this last week I lost 2 pounds but the week before was a gain of 2 so it's been a wash. LOL So goes it and this week will be better! :lol:

Hi All,

Florida Pete, hang in there. You are doing really great!! You deserve all the good vibes we can give you !!!

All, I am back. Did zilch in July so I would set my goal the same for August, except i dropped 4# since August 1. want to try for 10# from where I was 8/1/09 ( 235# Am at 231#!!:wink:

Finally finished plateauing. I'm down almost 5 lbs. this week after a two-week stall.

Pete - Best of luck to you. I hate to hear that you're going through a rough time. You're always lifting all of us.... What are we? Holiday Hotties? up from them. Those are the types of stressors that can not only sabotage our progress, but put lots of weight back on. It looks like you are still managing okay, though, so horray for you!