Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How low can you go in 09 weightloss challenge#1

I'm down 1 this week...I'm with you SweetZ, it's starting to slow down. :( I'm going to try out Curves this morning...I need to get into some sort of exercise.

Pete: Now is the time to remember the NSV. Like how come you're coming off the meds anyway?

It's only Water, it'll gradually disappear again.

Don't get so discouraged Pete. You have done great up until this point. I have 0 this week. I ate good and did plenty of excercise. I am not going to let this get me discouraged. We are all in this for the long haul.!!!!

Laurel

AWWWW crap....I just wrote a reply for this thread for everyone to read before they report their weights for the week but I wrote it in "what did you eat today" Please read it...I want you guys to be happy with your losses!!!!:)

this is so true. im with v-queen we should be proud of how far we have come. it takes alot of guts to know your unhealthy or (fat as mean people say) and do some thing about it. yes we all want it off fast but, the trueth is slower is better as we all have time to learn how to keep it off. for those of you that have lost 1lb i want you to go to the meat market and ask to see what a lb. of fat looks like you will be so shocked its not funny. i did this when i lost 11lbs and the funny thing was i couldn't hardly carry it yet i carried it around for years. we will all get there in time. right now be proud of what you have done and where your going:thumbup:.

im pround of all of us we are doing it. we own every pound we have lost and its not comin back. hell for those that gave gained weight or eat some thing that we wasn't its ok its comin off. lets remember we are just starting our and learning how to work our band. its ok as long as you get back on the ride, right now we are in the healin phase the weightloss is just a bonus. group hug everyone:thumbup::).

hope everyone has a good day.

Don't get so discouraged Pete. You have done great up until this point. I have 0 this week. I ate good and did plenty of excercise. I am not going to let this get me discouraged. We are all in this for the long haul.!!!!

Laurel

Thanks for your message V-Queen....I know 1-2 pounds a week is what we shoot for, I'm just sad I'm out of the "honeymoon" phase, that's all. Now I'm buckling down to get the exercise integrated into my routine as well.

Everyone keep up the good work....

hay everyone congrats on your losses. I have had such a bad chest cold :frown:that I did not do much at all this week. I am Still at 300lbs so no loss for me this week. It does not surprise me at all since I lost 8 last week and been so sick my body is trying to hang on to everything for dear life.

I gained a pound. I kept hoping it was Water weight, but its still there. I've been neglecting the treadmill and its way too cold to go outside. Monday is my fill! So for this week, I'm at 231.

Hello everyone,

I have been banded since March but until recently only came on here to read other's progress.

Well I hope you don't mind I would like to participate

surgery date 03/12/2008

heaviest weight - 213

pre-op weight-203

current weight - 162

total weight lost - 51

my end goal -130

I will have completed this journey at the end of this year++

I have had only three fills and one defill...could not keep anything down

Banded on April 23rd 08 , down 58 lbs. Also PCP has takin me off my diabetis & hbp meds.

No loss for me this week :)

I've been up & down the same.4 lbs :)

Next week is my 1st fill hopefully it will make up the difference..

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is so great to come here and see everyone doing so well and know that I am getting right back on track.

Hannah - You are very welcome to join us! I put in your info on the spreadsheet. It's great to see how everyone is doing and share in our journey.

One thing I have to remind myself of is this is a journey and there will be times that I won't do as well. This last week I also chalk some of my weight gain up to high stress at work. We had a huge deadline to meet by Friday and thus some of the highest stress for work in a long time. But those are only excuses. I did do very well with my walking and like FWWAB mentioned I had some great NSV's this past week.

I got the spreadsheet up to date with everyone on here. Not sure if your wanting to join too JohnC. You would be welcomed! It is great when the Doc takes us off meds we have been and beating Diabetes is a huge step! Congrats!

Is it ok if I join too?

I was trying to make a ticker tape with my weight like the rest of you but i cant seem to make it work.

surgery date Dec 8th 2008

heaviest weight - 343

pre-op weight-336

current weight - 326

2009 goal - 250

my end goal -168

Jan Goal : to lose another 7lbs - 2 weeks to do it! :)