Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Now this is really weird as I have started my TOM also. It is really good reading all the posts from you all. Just think tommorrow is our 2 week anniversary:thumbup:. I'm trying to talk myself into getting more excercise. I have been using the WII with the bowling and will probably go buy the WII Fit. I am not a gym type of person (yet) as I don't like people looking at me.

I don't know if the Doctor put a little in my band or if it is just the constriction from swelling and just having something around the upper part of my stomach but I know I can't eat as much.

I know this is off subject but I still can't figure out how the lady ate a hamburger and fries the day after surgery. I was barely tolerating Clear Liquids.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_blush.png" alt=":blush:" />

Keep up all the great momentum!

I can eat anything sinc like day 5. Which kinda sucks. I can eat a burger if I want but I just dont feel the need to. I just eat until I dont feel hungry anymore. Does anyone get the full feeling anymore. I just feel satisfied not full. does anyone know what I mean? And is anyone seeing the bump around the port area like I am? I already saw my doc and he claims it is normal but i never read about it on anyone blogs. well let me know

The Wii has been great! THe boxing is a cardio kick in the rear! I really enjoy the Wii Fit. The balance games and the yoga are my favorites plus there is rythm boxing that is fun too. It is nice because the weather is so cold and unpredictable right now, I can't always guarantee that I will get to walk outside. (We have had rain and snow for almost a week ):w00t:

I had a partial hysterectomy almost 5 years ago, so I don't get the big P but I still go through the PMS, and I am definetly feeling it right now. I guess all our moons lined up didn't they?:blush:

I called my Dr today about my incision between my rib cage where my bra rubbed off all the glue and now the incision is open. He put me on antibiotics just as a precaution. He will not see me till Wednesday @ 1:15pm which will be my follow up from surgery. it is not hot to the touch and i am not running a fever, however it is a little red on the outside and i take a shower every morning so it gets wet and crust's over and then my bra rips it open again. So now I have to keep it covered all the time even in the shower.

I am excited for tomorrow I get to eat foods that are the consistency of baby food, I am going to have me some eggs for Breakfast a yogurt for lunch with a Protein Shake and for dinner I will have some pea Soup with sugar free, fat free white chocolate pudding.< /p>

Hi Cherbear, sorry to hear about your sore. I have not

put a bra on yet, it hurt to bad as the location of the incision stinks in relation to a bra. BUT it has been so cold here in MD I have been able to wear a sweatshirt so no one has really noticed :-) I to get to have mushies tomorow, I HOPE they fill me up! I am starivng, I can drink a whole shake and still eat Soup and still feel hungry... I cant wait for my first fill on the 12th, but then I am afraid of the whole stuck feeling everyone talks about. BUT I guess I will live and learn right.

Hi Baylee, I had to go back to work and that is why I had to wear a bra :thumbup:. On the weekends I had heavy sweatshirts to wear that I did not have to wear a bra but when I go to work M-F I must wear one (of course) and it rubbed a lot. Well the good thing is i am on medication just as a precaution which is a good thing. I just hope I can make it to Dr Garcia tomorrow for my follow up. We are suposse to get 4-8 inches of snow here in PA Tuesday night into Wednesday morning and the change all over to ice in the afternoon. Anywho. How was your first day of eating mushies and squishes? I ate just 1/4 cup but I did eat a little to fast cause I was hugry but did not eat more than that even though I was still hungry, I dont want to strech my pouch. I can not wait for my first fill either but I to am worried about the stuck feeling but like you said we live and learn.

Hey Cherbear, good luck going to the Dr. tomorow.. You are getting what we have right now. I got my daughter on the bus at 6:30 a.m. light flurries, got my son on at 8:30 we already had 2 inches, now they are closing 3 hours early and saying if you want to pick up your child they will not count it against them :thumbup: The snow is really coming down, and we live in Calvert County...(40 min from D.C and Annapolis) lots of turns and hills so my husband is on his way home and we are heading out to get the kids. I am sure you will be fine if they gave you an antibiotic, but I am like you I would want to be seen to be sure :-) AFTER all of this, is better to be safe then sorry. I commend you for even putting a bra on, I do not know how you walked all day my incision which must be were your is as it rubbed off is right in the lower band of my bra... NO WAY

I did eat eggs for breakfast.. BUT I AM STILL hungry, I need a fill bad. I think I could eat my arm if I put Syrup on it.

It is so funny as I was not hungry at all until the past 3 or 4 days and wow my appetite has really kicked in, I guess that means a lot of the swelling must be down which is good.. I GUESS.

Well, hope everyone has a great day, and Cherbear keep us updated!

Good morning, ladies. Today is our 2-week bandaversary! This morning the scales moved again! I am down 2 pounds from yesterday morning. Go figure? Baylee, I get hungry at night, wake up hungry in the middle of the night. It's awful! I would like a fill, too, but I don't get one until March 6!

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since our surgeries. I am doing fairly well. I had 5 incisions. The only one that bothers me is my port. It is horizontal about 2 inches above my belly button, and it is driving me crazy. It itches all the time and hurts when I bend over, and underwear & pants rub on it. I can't stand most of my pants--I'm only comfortable when I can be at home in some loose pajamas. I went back to work last Thursday, so that's kind of been a problem.

I've been eating pretty well. I've been having scrambled eggs, which I love. I made myself some potato leek Soup out of my Cooking Light cookbook which was to die for. It's all gone now though.

My doctor wants his patients to go to the Cardiac Rehab program at the hospital and learn how to exercise properly. So I've been doing that since last Monday. I think they're going to kill me. I've been walking on the treadmill and doing this arm bike thing for about a half an hour each. The goal is (because I'm only 32 years old) to get my heart rate up to like 160! Ugghh. I walked on the treadmill last night for 50 minutes at 3 mph and only got up to 135. My fat legs will not go any faster. My socks and shoes rubbed my feet so much it felt like I had carpet burn on my feet. And I have a heel spur on my left ankle, which gets flared up every time I even look at a treadmill. But I am determined to do what they're asking of me. They're a hospital, right?

I've also been having a funny pain on my right side--where there aren't any incisions--under my ribcage when I'm walking for very long. I've had it when I walk around at work and when I walk the dogs at home. It hurts to breathe. I don't know what it is. I left a message at my doc's office 4 days ago and no one called me back. So I guess I'm not dying or anything...

Today I get to start eating soft foods without being blended or mushed. I have to admit I've eaten a few things like this already--just some soft meat and rice. I've been fine with most of what I've eaten. I did eat too much one night though and was in terrible pain for hours. I didn't get sick. I almost did when I bent over once, but I didn't. Believe me, the pain was awful, so I will not be doing that again. I can tell when I'm full, and it was really stupid of me to keep eating that night, but my mom made some extremely delicious food, and I kept shoving it in! Why do we do that??

I feel really hungry at night and when I wake up. I can't have a fill til 6 wks after surgery. I was supposed to have my post-op tomorrow morning, but we're getting an ice/snow storm here, and I called and rescheduled it to next Wed. because I live an hour away from my doc, and I'm worried I won't be getting out tomorrow. I didn't get out today. I feel like I'm doing fairly well though, so I'm not too worried about it.

Well, stay warm everyone. Happy two-week anniversary.:cursing:

Maybell

Good Morning everyone even though I am a day late happy 2 week anniversary! I have started eating reg food now along with a shake or two a day and now the weight seems to be coming off even faster!:( I couldn't believe when i got on the scale i was down 3 pounds. I got back on the scale 2 more times lol just to make sure i was seeing correctly! So now as of today i am down a total of 24 pounds:thumbup: And lovin my band! Good Luck to you all and Talk to everyone soon!

Edited by theresa0326
put wrong amount

I too have recently been hungry more often. Its so crazy because for the first week and a half I could barly get my Protein Shakes in and now its just like there is no limit. I don't like it, and the scale shows it. I'm ready for a fill for sure and I too don't get 1 till march. I guess this is normal?? for all those that have the handy guide??

Hello everyone,

I am feeling good, I keep bouncing back and forth from 240 - 242, I dont know why that is, but i am not going to get frustrated over it. I was suppose to see Dr Garcia today for my 2 week follow up I really was hoping to get there because I wanted him to check my incision area that is open, however they canceled on me today because of the snow/ice storm here in PA that left everyone home or to close early :cursing:. So now I will be going tomorrow at 3:45PM. I will keep everyone updated. Hope everyone else is doing great.

I havent weighed myself since i got the big p and i feel like i am bloated figure i should wait til after and see whats going on. I feel that wearing sports bras makes it easier since it wont bother the port area. But then again i am only a c cup so compared to the rest of me im pretty small. I purchased the Vitamin e oil and that seems to really be helping my scars heal better. I am glad that everyone is really losing those pounds and i hope to see you girls put up pics soon.

Oh yeah i forgot i am going to my doc office on 2/5 he says if i am not swollen anymore since my first visit he will give me my first fill. I will keep everyone updated on that one. I really need the fill so i can control the eating. I feel like compraed to everyone else my weight lose is pretty slow.