Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Hey Andylou, sorry you're having gas pain again. I am so glad I'm not experienceing that anymore. At my support group some of the people there did say that gas and other lapband types discomforts do get worse when they're away from home in a less comfortable envionment.

I am down a total of 9 pounds since surgery, and yes, my weight loss has also slowed down a lot in the past 2 days.

14 lbs in 10 days is great.:scared2:

I have also lost 14 pounds. It's kind of hard to figure as I gained about 8 from surgery (fluids) so I am not counting that as true weight lost. I am starting to try and do some light exercise and walked about 1 mile.

Good information from you all. Thanks!

Hey guys... I am right there with you all, down 1lb in

2 days :scared2: But a total of 8 since surgery so that is good!

I am still having pains in my shoulder that tends to come and go. I went out to dinner tonight and not sure if I ate my Soup to fast and that caused the pain to come back?? But yes I do notice it comes when I am maybe in an uncomfortable enviroment??

** Hopefully in the summer when we take another poll on the weight loss we will all be able to add a 5 or 6 in FRONT

of our single digit :(

Hi Everyone!

Hubby and I are on solid foods. We went to Boston Mkt last night and split a dinner. It was kind of nice to be out eating amongst the real world!

We havent weighed yet, we decided to wait for our post op check up on the 3rd, I will let yall know then.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I heard that when you take too much Protein it will store as fat. i only take in 60g a day but my Protein Shake for 1 12oz cup is 60g so I drink it a little at a time through out the day.

As for my scars they are all healing very good but 1 I am a little worried about because the glue is no longer on it because my bra keep rubbing on it and took off the glue and also the scab that keeps drying up. so i went out and bought sports bras and that is not helping much either cause when i sit down my fat pushes up to my sports bra and rubs. i go to the dr on wednesday. The scar is open a little bit. but i have been keeping it very clean, I dont want an infection. other than that i am doing great!

Hey everyone - I am down 12 lbs but I have not lost anything for 3 days. I don't want to be frustrated by this but I feel myself getting that way.:w00t: I am on mushie and stewed food. I went to my GOddaughter's birthday last night and I had some chili. Bless my best friends heart, she made it with mostly Beans and ground turkey breast. I has only about 1/2 to 3/4 cup and it settled well! She is ttying so hard to be supportive. We are doing the Girls on the Run program with my Goddaughter (her daughter) this next month. We will start training in about two weeks to run a 3k in early May!

On Friday I was really worried. I knew I didn't feel right but I just could not put my finger on it then I started running a fever. It was about 101 until early yesterday, it broke and I was fine. There are alot of bugs floating around our valley and I am hoping I just got a little of one. :thumbup:

Adamsmom - agian I can't thank you enough for the Unjury tip. I am getting my Protein in no problem now!

I too have that spot right by my bra. While I was home I never wore one so it was never bugged but now that I'm back to work all the glue has come off it and is scabbed over. I have been putting a large bandaid over it just to prevent the bra from rubbing right on it! I too have not lost any weight the past 2 days GRRRRR.... I reweighed like three times today cause I knew my scale was wrong. I have not changed anything in my diet and have been very active so I am glad I am not the only one feeling frustrated.

Hey guys... is ANYONE experiencing pain in there side like bad pains to where they feel like they have to hold it when they cough etc. I had this pain in the beginning and then it went awauy... now it is back and it feels like it did in the beginning?? I am starting to wonder if I picked something up etc. I can no longer laugh, sneeze etc.

I think our weight has slowed down because maybe we are not eating enough calories.. I know we should be aroung 800-1000 (according to my nutrionist) and I have not really been getting that in everyday. I am hoping once I go to mushies that will help.

Good Evening, Ladies,

I just can't tell you how wonderful it is that I have all you for support! The fact that we all had our surgeries on exactly the same day helps us really gauge our progress with each other and know if things are normal or not because we're all at the same place.

Amy--I am also glad about the Unjury; however, I am finding that now I'm on regular food, I am having an easier time of getting my Protein in without needing as many shakes. But the Unjury is yummy and really helps.

All of you who have had a slow down in weight loss--I have too and I was getting really pissed off. I started to panic, like what if the band doesn't work for me?Then I realized I need to knock it off and remember that I'm still healing. In one of my books, it says that you shouldn't even expect any weight loss until after the first fill because there probably isn't any restriction--or not enough. Also, what Baylee said about not enough calories is also true. I also thought that perhaps I need to now kickstart my metabolism and do some proper exercise, so I've been getting on the stationary bike for 30 minutes and doing dumbell weights since yesterday. The good news is that I'm not gaining, but I want to see the weight loss speed up! Also, my doctor told me I shouldn't expect more than 1-2 pounds of weight loss a week, and I am about at that rate so far, so I guess I should quit being so impatient.

It was my son's 14th birthday yesterday and he asked to go out for Chinese food for dinner. I ate everything except the rice and one teeny taste of chow mein noodles. I mostly ate chicken, fish, and brocolli and everything went down fine. I made the birthday cake and even had a slither of that. This is what the band is about: being able to eat normal food, but in much smaller portions. I was down 6/10 of a pound this morning, so no harm done.

Andy--was it you who has the side pain? Me too. I noticed it a little yesterday and a lot more this morning. In fact, my stomach and the incision sites all ache quite a bit first thing in the morning. I think it's all part of the healing process.

I cannot relate to the glue sutures rubbing because I had internal sutures and the external skin was held together with steri-strips that were all removed at my post-op on Friday. However, all but one of my incisions are right along my waistlne where my pants are and the waistband of my pants rub on the incisions and hurt them a little. I'm hoping that when I'm fully healed I won't feel that anymore.

Hope you all had a great weekend!:confused:

Good Morning everyone! I am so glad to see everyone is doing so well with their bands! I feel GREAT! and would say next to my son and hubby this is the best thing that has ever happened in my life! Dr said I was the smoothest band he has ever done and the nurses said i was one of the fastest to get up after recovery and start walking, lol they couldn't keep up woth me at the hospital! I didn't have any gas pain at all thank God! and it only felt like I did alot of situps! It was SOOOOOOO much better than what I thought it would be! The Dr said I did so well he put me straight on mushies! I still was alittle careful though was alittle scared at first, but all in all I am down a total of 21 pounds and lovin my Band I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!! I go in for my second Dr visit on Feb. 19th to see if I need a fill or not the Dr said if I am still losing i wont need a fill so lets see how it goes! I am finally getting my treadmill on Fri cause its been difficult to walk it being sooooooooo cold outsside! I can't wait! Good luck everyone on your journey! And I am so happy to find as many people who had it done the same day to support each other! Talk to everyone soon!

Luv, Theresa:thumbup:

Baylee I haven't had any side pain for awhile. Is it where your port is? I know my port is in the middle but still can feel it when I cough or laugh. I would just call you dr to make sure its ok. Also I worked 3 nights over the weekend and had gas pain every night and the second I came home it went away! WEIRD! I wonder if its something like that. I also haven't been getting all my cal. in, but get to start mushies in 1 DAY!!!!!! YIPPIE!!!! Have a good day everybody!

Hi everyone, well it sounds like we are all doing great and almost to the mushies (wohoo) for those of us that are still on liquids.... 1 day left. I can not wait, I made a boiled dinner last night and i am ready to eat it for Breakfast (all but the ham... but boy do the veggies tast good after being cooked with it)

Andylou, The pain is around my largest incision so I think that is my port?? I gues I will find out when I go for my fill on the 12th. It is weird (do not mean to gross anyone out) I started my monthly cycle :( and that is when the pain came back?? Has anyone else had this happen?? It is almost like the whole area around the large incision around to my lower back HURTS when I cough etc. THE Hurt you had when you first left the hospital and sneezed... It is really weird because I was feeling 99% better in relations to that until my friend arrived.

I also read that UNTIL the first fill after we go on mushies we are not to focus on weight loss as we may not loss anything our main goal is recovery so I guess we are all doing good even though we are plateauing .... YES I bought the Weight loss surgery for Dummies book and the Lap Band companion guide.. DO NOT LAUGH! My Dr. is over an hour away and I plan on attending 1 support meeting a month as I did pre-op but it is hard they are so late, that I resorted to books to help answer a lot of my questions.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Baylee - the Lap Band Companion Book has been great for me. I think having a quick reference is essential. I am going to start going to a local support group, but they don't meet again until the 19th so my books and you all have been a Godsend.

All my incisions are healing great. VERY itchy right now though. I carry a little bottle of Vitamin E oil to keep on them. I do notice my port site when I lay on my left side. It feels almost like a little tug. I don't know if there is a little tugging or if I am just very concious of the site.

Very happy to be starting mushies!! I can't belieive how much I have missed some texture in my food:tongue2:

I started my monthly cycle as well and have been feeling that pull and kind of weird lets say burn type feeling. I took tynenol and hope its nothing else. But something else I notices is that the inicision where my port is in isnt even. almost like its swollen on either side of the incision. I feel like i have to hold that area when I cough since I also have acold. but other than that all is well and I can eat anything and any amount of it ( getting my first fill 2/5. I also had surgery on 1/13. So far 17 lbs down.

Ok, too eerie! We all had our surgeries at the same time and we're all getting our periods at the same time!! I too am premenstral and believe that is part of the reason why I'm plateauing--because I'm totally following all the rules and the scale didn't budge again today! When it (The Big P)finally gets here, I'm expecting amazing numbers on the scales!

I too am experiencing the tugging, slightly painful feeling at the port site; it's especially worse first thing in the morning. I have found sleeping propped up on pillows helps, but I am a side sleeper and when I do that, the pain gets worse. I tried wedging a pillow on my left side so that I wouldn't roll completely to my side and that helped a litle, too. The itching is bad though! Thanks for the Vitamin E oil tip--I should have remembered that from previous surgeries; it really helps reduce scarring, too.

At work, people keep offering me sweets because it's Chinese New Year and our school has a high number of Chinese, Hmong and Vietnamese students, (who also Celebrate the holiday). I told them this is MY new year and I can't eat the candy and cakes because MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION is to lose weight. :blush: