Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

So I'm a little disappointed! My email didn't send me updates that you guys on this thread were still talking so I just figured that nobody was talking! did u guys tell people that your banded? I just told my mom husband and mother in law! I think everybody is wondering though and I hate not telling them. Maybe when I'm skinny I'll let it all out!

Andylou - I did tell everyone. This was a decision I was excited about and I know I did this for the right reasons. In a previous conversation, Adamsmom and I were discussing this same issue. I think you just have decide on a need to know basis. I am very fortunate to have all the support that I do. That being said, I have also encountered a few naysayers. There are always going to be those out there that view this as the easy way out and that if I could have just had enough self control I would have not needed surgery. I know different. I do know how hard I tried and I feel like this is a tool like anything else. Failure is a possibility. I have been diabetic since I was 19, insulin dependent for the past five years. I have already quite taking one insulin, three oral meds, and cut my remaining insulin by 2/3!!! AMAZING!! My nutrisionist told me to write down the reasons I was doing this and keep them in my underwear drawer. Then, when I was feeling discouraged or down to pull them out and remind myself. It was the best advice. I believe that being banded will require us all to have thick skin and it probably won't be the people that we think that will test that but I at least know that I have made a tough, good, choice - not an easy out.

Hi Andylou, I decided to tell folks at work and my family, and some of the friends that I see more regularly. The work folks have all been very supportive. Most of my family, except one sister who wanted to know why I couldn't just "do it naturally." Most who I've told have thought it was wonderful, I'm at BMI 52 or so, and it's no secret I needed to do something, I think they were glad that I'd made such a big decision.

I told everyone as well, They were all supportive. Well my fiance says it is for people who are weak mined and his father thinks the same. But my fiance still is supporting me. I explained to him that it is tool to help me and I must work with this tool and I can fail this tool as well. I don't feel there is anything to be ashamed of (not saying you are) I got the help need and I will use it to the full extent. I don't care what anyone says.

So, I got in the unjury powder that Adamsmom has been using...THANKS ADAMSMOM!!!!

I have been getting my Protein down!! It is great tasting!

I am drinking Crystal Light lemonade with some of the strawberry sorbert powder and it is great! I am so excited! I have been so worried about not getting my Protein down!!:biggrin:

I would just like to say that sooo many of you are so motivating!! I have not told everyone ONLY my husband and my mother-in-law (I needed her to watch the kids)

I have been thinking about this all day. I am not sure if it is because I am so embaressed with myself that I have failed yet again that I just do not want to talk about it or if I just do not want to hear everyone's opinions... I reached my goal weight of 140 about 2 years ago via weigt watchers loosing about 110lbs... and YES I have gained it ALL back. :biggrin:

I envy you guys for not worrying about what other people think.. I work in a fitness center and see "skinny" people all day long and have no desire to hear there input. I am SURE that everyone will figure it out eventually... I am hoping to do very well can you tell?? But I figure when I am done if someone asks, I will be honest BUT I do not feel the need to volunteer the info.

Hi Everyone!

Hubby and I just got back from a nice walk. We live in Texas and the weather is wonderful here today!

We both went back to work this week. I went back on Monday and he went back on Tuesday. We are both feeling so good right now.

Still have a little port site pain but other than that we are pain free. How about you guys?

Still cant find a Protein drink I like so I am sticking to the 3oz bullets. I have read that you should only consume 20oz of Protein at a time. Has anyone else heard this?

The guy at GNC says your body cannot tolorate anymore than that and that is what is causing the 'ill' effects.

Not sure if it is true or not but split mine up today and have felt great!

Tweety, do you like the bullets?? I have not tried them yet... I have tried everything else I THINK :biggrin: And yes you can only absorb so much Protein at a time, if I use a higher Protein Powder I only make 1/2 the serving as they say (my nutrionist) you can only count 20 grams per serving no matter how many it says it has. I guess it is kinda like Vitamins.< /p>

Hey Ladies,

Back home from work, and it wasn't too bad, except that I left my lunch at home!:thumbup: I was at the County office of Education and they provide lunch for us when we're there. They were serving 2 types of salad, Pasta, meatballs, garlic bread, and Cookies. Oy Gevalt! I had a couple of bites of Pasta and meatballs--I chewed real well, and ate tiny bites--had no problems. However, I won't let that happen again! BYW: The meatballs were heavenly!:biggrin: And I don't even eat red meat--haven't in more than 19 years!

Regardng telling people: As you know, I have only told my DH, BFF and my mother. Even Dad thinks I had a hernia operation. Why? It's easier not being judged or scrutinized if I make a mistake, or for having the surgery in the first place. I have heard people talk about people who have had WLS and they are cruel! I did not want to be the subject of those kinds of conversations.

Amy, glad you like the unjury. I think it's pretty good, too. I also found Nectars at the Vitamin SHoppe which is very tasty.

If you want a loooooong read, check out my last 3 blog entries in the blog section of LapBandTalk. I go into great detail about how and when I gained weight and how I came to the decision to get the band. Hope you enjoy it.

Baylee - I don’t particularly like the bullets – but since I only have to get down an ounce and half in the morning and the same in the afternoon they work for me and for hubby.

As far as telling people – we have both told everyone. We were and still are so excited about our surgery, we wanted everyone to know.

Personally I don’t give a flip about what people think, feel or say. I did this for me and that’s all that matters.

I by no means expect everyone to have the same attitude. It’s just mine. J

Hey everyone! I just had my post-op. Everything is great and I can eat anything I want--no more pureed or mushy food! If I'd known, I would not have packed Soup for lunch!

I mix half a bullet with Water and then add a little crystal lite. I found that it is much better than trying to drink the thick, syurpy like stuff. Plus getting more fluids is a good thing! I didn't know about the body only being able to absorb about 20 gms of Protein. Good information.:tt2:

O.K. I am going to the store tonight to get some bullets:-)

I need to get about 10 sometimes 15 more grams of Protein in and this may be just what the Dr. ordered!

Adamsmom, I am so glad that you are doing so good! I am actually going out to dinner tonight!! I am so excited, YES I am still on liquids not even to mushies yet so I can only order Soup but I think it will be a learning experience. I can not wait until my 1st fill (2/12) I am really starting to get hungry over here, anyone else having that problem :scared2:

I am also pretty much pain free. I have been working the past 2 nights and the shoulder/gas pain has come back a little bit. has anybody else had that? I just wonder if its from not being at home and in my comfy environment. Baylee I am with you! I admire you guys that don't care what other people think. I too think I am just embarrased that I couldn't do it on my own, and keep it off. What does everybodys scars look like? I had the glue put over mine and its STILL on there and looks pretty much the way it did when I came home from the surgery. Also how much weight has everybody lost? My weight loss has kinds slowed down. only .6 in the past 2 days. I have lost a total of 14lbs since surgery day. hope everybody has a good weekend!