Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ - Looking Fine in 2009 Exercise Thread

Sherry

I think about you and hope everything is okay since your revision surgery.Good luck with the muschies.

Cas

60 lbs is great and don't tell yourself any differently. But your right, I see that those who exercise lose more. So . I know first hand because exercising is real hard for me to do also. I've been at a plateau because I can't get my butt in gear. But I'll keep trying.

signgirl

good work

Hey Sherry & Trish!!!!! Guess what! I EXERCISED!!!! LOL!!! Seriously though, I tried to get started with you gals, then I fell off the wagon (exercise wagon----tee hee)...and so far I've been doing the wii fit (at least 30 min mostly alternating yoga & strength training). Then the other day I started trying to walk the neighborhood a bit, the day after that (yesterday) I did a mile and a 16th (yeah, I count the 1/16th!!!! ha ha ha). I hafta do something! I have a carribean vacation end of March and my son's wedding mid-May....and right now I'm just a hunk of fatty dimples :cursing: yeah, I know, TMI!!! lol!!!

Great job! I held off posting here because up until today I was only allowed to walk. I have been doing a lot of walking too but I am bored so I am very happy that I have no exercise restrictions. I will be at the gym this weekend and getting back on a exercise plan with my trainer. I never thought that I would be so excited with going back to the gym :frown:

I also have a Wii/Wii Fit and right before surgery I bought this game which I can try now. It's look great a lot of hard work. Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who's up for a small exercise challenge this week? I am going to walk for at least a 1/2 hour for 3 of the next 5 days. (Need to get back to the simplest of exercise). Who will meet this challenge with me? Report back on Friday!

YUCK....ok ok I'll take you up on the challenge. I'll do 20-30 minutes of exercise 3 times this week. I'll try by Friday but for me I may have to include sat and sun to get it all in lol

Who's up for a small exercise challenge this week? I am going to walk for at least a 1/2 hour for 3 of the next 5 days.

EWWWWwwwww! *sigh* Yeah, I'm in. My butt aint gettin' any smaller sittin' on the recliner! It's a pretty night tonight, sun's still up...daylight savings time (yawn). OK then, putting the sneakers on......:laugh:

OK, FINE!! Count me in, I will start tomorrow. Would do it today, but Rick is off, and we are both sick. Would prefer to take the granddaughter and do it tomorrow, than to convince him, it will not kill us to go outside!!! LOL

3 times in the next 5 days---I WILL do it.

Thank you for keeping on this....I need it!

Kat

sorry to hear you guys are sick, Kat :tt2: get well wishes are on the wind, heading your way!

Thanks Trish. No, really...thanks! I walked around the "big loop" in the neighborhood. And while it felt like 35 mins., it was actually 25! LOL! better than zero :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches