Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting noticed

Ok, I'm just a little curious how many others are starting to experience a little extra attention from the opposite sex? I have only lost 35 lbs to date but the men are staring to notice me more.

It could be because my massive 42 G's are no longer blending in with my belly. ha ha ha

Let me know if you are having the same happen to you.

Yes, I am noticing it more, too and I have lost about as much as you. I was stopped at a red light the other day and this guy beside me actually rolled down his window and said I was pretty!

I have definity notice it. I have gone from a size 20 to size 10 since April. All of my soon to be husbands friends tell me how good I look. Boy does it feel good!! I am so ready to get back on target after the holidays.

Yup. It happens. I'll be 50 in June and I had a MUCH younger guy flirt with me. I told him I was to old for him, and he said, nonsense. I cracked up and told him my age and his face paled. He was speechless. He said, I honestly thought you were 38. 38??~!!!! Oh Lord, Bless him!!!! Guys at the gym, at work, at the grocery store.... It's crazy. I thought it would piss my husband off, and he just laughs and thinks it's a compliment to him. Part of the reason for this of course is that all of my rings are now too big and fall off, so I can't wear my wedding ring at the moment, and dont' want to fix them until I'm done losing weight. I occasionally wear it on my middle finger if I get dressed up. Enjoy it!!!!! You deserve it.

Totally!!

I've been working a seasonal retail job for the last 7-8 weeks and I've been hit on a lot by customers and some employees!! My regular job is mostly from a home office so it's been an adjustment being out in the public and becoming friendly with people that don't know I ever had a weight problem!

One employee in particular has been VERY hard to resist. :laugh: I'm almost looking forward for this job to being over!

It's been a weird adjustment - I don't take compliments well.

I too find it hard to take compliments that are coming my way with a lot more frequency since my surgery.

I don't have any advice to make it any easier but would entertain any ideas that come my way.

Congrats to all experiencing success being banded.

Starting weight: 305

Current weight: 195

Banded 12-11-07

I'm starting to notice it as well... what a change from being invisible. Even when I'm not being hit on, I see more people smiling at me.

I got noticed by my ex fiance. He gave me a new years hug and his new phone#. I see him all the time and remain friendly towards him. The last time he asked me out I told him I was better than that. Long story short....he broke up with me because his family didn't like fat people. Last time he asked me out, he said we could sneak around. NOT! Then I told him what I thought. The reason I see him is because he works at the store I shop at all the time. Besides this way I can rub it in a little at a time!:)4_2_105.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

For the first time ever its actually caused problems between DH and I. We've just been away with friends, last year the kids and I went without Doug as he was on a fishing trip. A friend of a friend, a single guy of about 38 was there, the buggers had told him I was single as he's a bit desperate. Anyway, he quite obviously liked what he saw and with DH not being there, I was quite OK - I could handle him without having to cut him dead.

This year DH came and he'd been ribbed about this situation during the year and having a good sense of humour and being secure in our relationship, he took it all good naturedly. However, the reality of the situation was a bit different and I think it pissed him off a bit. He got a bit cool with me, not that I'd done anything to encourage it.

What I find hard now though is that its gone right through the extra male attention bit which we all find flattering to people assuming I'm a bimbo. Simply because I look after myself and take care of my appearance (and I'm not even talking make up and stuff here, I'm pretty much an au naturale sort of person) and didnt want to eat McDonalds for dinner but opted to heat some Soup instead, my friend's husband was quite boorish about what a pain in the arse vain bimbo I was. My friend is a complete pig mind you, she's a great girl but looks terrrible, is obese, is messy, dirty and lazy. Her husband lives on coke and junk food.

I'm sorry, but I care about how I look, I care about my health, I was raised in a good family and I know how to behave like a lady and I do not need the kind of male attention that assumes I'm high maintenance and difficult. And when her husband said "I couldnt stand being married to YOU", I felt like saying "perhaps it hasnt occurred to you that I might prefer men with some education, some class, some care for their health and the ability to hold a conversation about something other than engines". But I didnt becuase they have a boat and a jet ski and a great house on the Water and I want to be invited back :)

I dont care for being wolf whistled from cars when I go running either and i would like to be able to wear a bikini on the beach without it appearing to signal that I am open to sexual advances from all and sundry.

However, it only happens with certain kinds of people and the men whom I generally consider friends, and the men in my family would never behave in this way.

I'm getting a lot more attention as well. From strangers it's a nice compliment. I feel pretty and I enjoy the attention, mostly. However, I'm finding it a littler harder to deal with from friends I've known for years. Yes, it's nice to get noticed and I have worked hard, but my friends make such a fuss at times that it becomes embarrassing. Also, I'm the same person I've always been. I've always been outgoing and fun and I've always loved to laugh. I don't want to be the "girl who has lost a bunch of weight". I just want to be me, only improved. I know they are doing it because they are proud of me, but when we are all together they tend to tell people who don't know me my whole story. Why? Why does someone I just met need to know that I've lost x-amount of pounds? I'm not ashamed or embarrassed or anything, I just don't need to talk about it constantly. I don't want it to define me.

It also causes some problems with my female friends and I totally understand. No one likes it rubbed in their faces especially if they need to loose a few pounds too. I never talk about my weight loss or anything related to it unless I'm asked because I know how hard it is. I would never want to make them feel bad. Some of my girlfriends are now saying stuff like "here comes skinny minny" or "I know you are all skinny now, but..." It hurts my feelings because I'm not trying to get attention, it just happens. The other thing is that I don't want to be "skinny". That's not what I'm trying to accomplish. I just want to be healthy. It doesn't matter to them that I still need to loose another 40 pounds either. They also allude to the fact that I've done it the "easy way". Never mind that I eat healthy and that I run almost every day.

Sorry, sort of got off topic. It's just an issue that I've been thinking a lot about the last few weeks and I don't know what to do about it.

My man finally noticed last night. He commented out of the blue that I was getting "skinnier". Made me feel so good!:wink_smile:

Yep, it's happening to me too. At first, I thought maybe it was in my head, but I guys are actually looking. 30 pounds down and much more to go, but it is nice that people are noticing the weight loss.