Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg. Help me!

I have my surgery tomorrow morning at 4am. I am soooo nervous. I've had quite a few surgeries before but this is my abdominal surgery. What did you do to kind of ward off the nerves?

I stayed busy! I actually went to a movie the night before. If you have a book you planned on reading? sleeping? but do something dont just sit there in worry. I completely understand what you are going through. This was my first ever surgery.

I stayed as busy as I could! It was my first surgery, so I was nervous most about the anesthesia. I built bookcases and cleaned my house until about 1 am the morning of my surgery. I went to bed and got up around 4:30 am to continue getting my things together for the hospital. Left around 5:45, got to the hospital, and was pretty distracted until they wheeled me out.

I just tried to think of everything BUT the surgery. It worked for me!

:thumbup:You have nothing to worry about. I just had mine on the 23 and let me tell you it is soooooooo much easier than you think. Sure i am sore but that is it. Take a xanax thats what my doctor had me do. Good luck to you:thumbup:

i went to a strip club with a friend, it was soooooo much fun and it was a crazy strip club.. we ended up gettin up there and dancing (with clothes on) haha.. It was a great distraction.. Denver has some of the kinkiest strip clubs around haha

Howdy!

Well I am up here in Dallas. :) I just had my surgery on December 18th. I was soo nervous too. I had had many operations before in the past too, but it was usually taking something out not putting something in. So I was very nervous myself.

A couple of thigns really helped me the day before! I tried to stay busy and talk about how I felt with the people I was close to. Cheesy! But it works. And I have to say--The number one thing that helped me was to go shopping and look at the hott stuff I would be able to fit into when I would lose my weight.

It's really not that bad. I was in pain, but it has been total worth it.

I know you'll do great! Tomorrow when your nervous--take a stuffed animal like I did hahaha! (What my Grandmother gave it to me, because she couldn't come).

:)

Keep me updated!!!

-Kareen, Texas (the best state ever)

Hey everyone. I don't want to clutter the board up anymore with another thread about me so this is gonna be my update thread.

I stayed overnight at the hospital and it was a wonderful experience. They came in every few hours and took my vitals, gave me pain meds whenever I needed them and served me my liquids at meal time. I was released this morning and I am home now. My port is super sore but none of my other incisions are sore at all. I am soooo ready for the port to stop hurting. How long did it take for everyone else's port to stop being sore?

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Congratulations!

My port site has actually never hurt at all. I can feel it if I press on it, but it doesn't hurt. My right side hurt a lot and still hurts if I move a certain way. I think it's because that's the side they manipulate most, since the liver is on the right side and everything.

Good luck!

Well my port is on the right side so I think that might be why it's so sore (the liver and all that).

Either way I ate a Jello cup and filled myself up! It's amazing!

I think my port site was the last part of me to stop being sore. It wasn't unbearable, but it did hurt. Now nothing hurts, but I think I'm getting gall stones. I've heard that those can develop after getting this surgery BLAH!

I think my port site was the last part of me to stop being sore. It wasn't unbearable, but it did hurt. Now nothing hurts, but I think I'm getting gall stones. I've heard that those can develop after getting this surgery BLAH!

My surgeon put me on Actigall (gall stone preventative) for 3 months after surgery. If you don't already have them, see if you could get a similar prescription to prevent them. If you do have them -- I'm so sorry! They are no fun at all.

My port hurt for about 2 weeks and it still does if I laugh too hard. hahaha. Feeling any better yet?

My port is still a little sore...it doesn't really hurt but I know it is there all the time. You sound like you are doing GREAT

I am doing much much better. I am up to mushies and I am down to my slimmest since my sophomore year in high school!