Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

Positive thoughts bring positive outcomes!!

Let's do it!

I love that! Heart_by_maftie.gif

Sounds like everyone is on the right track for the best New Year ever.

Weighed in this morning at 176, so down 5 since Sunday morning. Probably just Water weight, but hey, I'll take it.

Making it on liquids hasn't been hard at all. I've been reading the recipes thread to get some ideas on liquids again. Just now I'm drinking a raspberry cheesecake smoothie, and it's yummy. Almost too sweet, but good.

I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do the pouch test, I may stay on liquids a while and see how well I do. I've done it before after surgery, and I can do it again.

Anxiously awaiting my bodybugg at the moment, it shipped yesterday, so hopefully it will be here today, sooner rather than later.

Keep up the great work and positive attitude.

We're doing it!!

Um, have you checked the living room right in front of his favorite chair? :)

he'd never put it there - have found it in his truck & in the barn once....keeping my promise not to go hunt it down.

so - onto solid Proteins today...i think it was brandy who said she wanted to do this to see if she needed a fill or not???

well i thought all last wk i needed a fill - NO. i needed to do this smack down into band reality. my portion sizes for Breakfast & lunch were a qtr of what they had been and i'm quite satisfied.

it works - for those maybe lurking; everyone needs a fine tune up here/there!

cheers~

Guest Leslie2Lose

Alright kick me in the arse again...well this is tough. I digressed to solids last night ((sigh)). I confess...but I still did much better than I have in months! Even got all my Protein and Water in...

I have another day and a half of "events" and the "new year's eve party" (first one in over 10 years) to make it through by the 1st. Ya'll have talked me into it...

January 1, 2009 I'm starting the official "pouch test". If you all can do it I can do it. I'm still staying on plan, journaling and exercising. Will post and let everyone know how liquid hell goes come Thursdays. I'm really excited for the first time in a long time. Wow! Feels good to be good...

Sure, Raspberry cheesecake smoothies- I took 1 tbsp of SF Jello cheesecake pudding powder, 1 tsp of SF Jello raspberry jello powder- but it was too much so I'd use only 1/2 tsp, and mixed it with milk, unflavored Protein powder, and ice in my magic bullet. Pretty good.

Bodybugg is a device worn on your arm that tracks your movements and calories burned.

You can check out all the info at bodybugg.com. If you ever watched the Biggest Loser on tv, they use them on the program to help monitor calories in and track calories burned.

*raises hand* Yup, that's me.

Hell, I'd get nekked in my doctor's office if... okay, that day will likely come. I have no shame. :)

My surgeon actually told me a story about one of his male patients that refused to weigh in with clothes on.

They finally had to move the scales into the patient room when he comes to weigh LOFL

he'd never put it there - have found it in his truck & in the barn once....keeping my promise not to go hunt it down.

so - onto solid Proteins today...i think it was brandy who said she wanted to do this to see if she needed a fill or not???

well i thought all last wk i needed a fill - NO. i needed to do this smack down into band reality. my portion sizes for Breakfast & lunch were a qtr of what they had been and i'm quite satisfied.

it works - for those maybe lurking; everyone needs a fine tune up here/there!

cheers~

Yeah that's why I am doing it. I did cheat and have some wine last night UGGH! What is wrong with me lol.. It's liquid tho right?

But I am curious to see if the amounts of food I can eat change at all. I was dealing with a fill I thought might be too tight since september then it's slowly loosened the last month and I feel like I might be eating too much now.

And wth is with his insane craving for milk!?

Guest Leslie2Lose

And wth is with his insane craving for milk!?

Ditto!

Yeah that's why I am doing it. I did cheat and have some wine last night UGGH! What is wrong with me lol.. It's liquid tho right?

is in my world - i plan on having a glass tonite.

I love this thread-you guys are hilarious!!!

Day 2 of liquids- have a splitting headache, but oh, well...PLUS, and HOW CAN THIS BE???? I did liquids yesterday, drank about 40 ounces of Water, and GAINED 1/2 pound.... I am ticked, let me tell you!!! WTH???? :)

So, today, keeping on with the liquids, going to up the water (ugh) to 64 ounces, and had better lose that stinking 1/2 pound!!!

Leslie, you are too funny!! We'll all get there, you keep posting so I can keep laughing!!!

Edited by addJ0y

My name is Michelle and I too am a scale addict. I will actually weigh myself in the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom. It sits right next to the toilet, how can I NOT get on the scale to see what it says?!

Feel like I'm doing pretty good. Not doing the full liquid thing but am doing part-day liquids. Dinners are really healthy and I'm cutting back on my portions again and feeling full anyway, so I WAS eating too much.

Monday AM was 192 even and this AM was 191.4.

Threw out the last of FIL's peanut brittle. I just needed to be DONE with it! What little is left is stuff I won't eat so DH and DD can have it if they want it. DD isn't a big sweet eater so she pretty much leaves it alone except for a small taste once or twice a day. At 2 1/2 she's really good. Loves her veggies and fruit!

Very happy with myself. I was up before everyone else this AM. Threw a load of laundry in the dryer, another in to the washer and then got on the treadmill for 45 minutes and did over 1 1/4 miles. Felt REALLY good! I'm officially re-motivated to getting back on that thing more often!

Glad to see every one is doing well. Keep up the great work!

Leslie, you are too funny!! We'll all get there, you keep posting so I can keep laughing!!!

no kidding - she's been gone for too long.

get that leslie :)- back to your comic relief; we missed it~~~

Great posting. I too need to let go of that dessert table. I had my 8th fill the week before christmas. So I am due. Things are really tighter this time, doc gave me 1.0 cc this time to help with that holdiday munching. It works, I have cut out that morning and afternoon snack. Gotta be close to that sweet spot. I am still 10 pounds from goal and bouncing around as much as that scale is 4 x day. I confess, I too am a scale addict. Bandiversary is Jan 18, would love to get at least half of that 10 off. back to exercising 2x day I guess. We can do this. Best resolution I can think of, getting an early start is wonderful!! thanks for the push:rolleyes2:

I'm loving the energy and humor on this thread. It's motivational indeed.

And I have to say I feel far more sane looking at the rest of you scale additcs. I only get on once in the morning, well sometimes in the evening, and sometimes before and after I poo, but that's not very often, and I'm always naked, I even take my glasses off which means I have to bend over to see the numbers.

Good thing I live alone for the most part. I'd hate to walk in on someone naked, bent over the scale, with their butt toward the door....