Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

I am going for my first fill today, I was banded on Oct 13th. I missed my first appt for fill so today is the day. It is perfect timing for the pouch test as I will have to be on liquids anyway. I have not gained any weight, but also have not lost any any a couple of weeks. I feel like I have been eating like a cow and am sure the lbs are going to eventually show up. I like this idea to finish the year and may try to make it a tradition. Good luck to everyone.

I am feeling hunger! I am so mad I forgot my Protein shake at home!_mad__by_koffeeben.gif

i couldn't find mine this AM and used a martini shaker:eek: because all the bullet cups were in the dishwasher....

i'm actually ready for food myself - i was never a fan of the liquid stage.....i find it's a blurr now looking back.

dh and i just went to our local farmers market & sushi restaurant to stock up on some food. junk is GONE...finally. we have a couple coming over on NYRS and it's all healthy and they won't know they're on the pouch test too!!!

I'm joining in and starting tomorrow. Back to liquids for me.

i couldn't find mine this AM and used a martini shaker:eek: because all the bullet cups were in the dishwasher....

i'm actually ready for food myself - i was never a fan of the liquid stage.....i find it's a blurr now looking back.

dh and i just went to our local farmers market & sushi restaurant to stock up on some food. junk is GONE...finally. we have a couple coming over on NYRS and it's all healthy and they won't know they're on the pouch test too!!!

I am not a fan either. Just need to do something to get back on track. I am going to switch to Atkins I think after the pouch test.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okie Dokie - ya'll who know me know I'm not very patient...in response to my quick reading (a.k.a. not wanting to read five pages)...

To BBK's Defense - Yep I F'd up...Yep I did go Hog Wild (had me a good mental breakdown and visit with my old friend junk food) and by god I enjoyed every freakin "tasted sinful and I never said I was perfect, bite"...anywhoo...It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Would have I gotten it? Hell no! Enough of that...Boy I feel better...

Hello all old friends and new...Sign me up and kick my butt a bit. I deserve it! :-) Now let the party begin...here's to new beginnings...

Hi there all you banded babes!

I just caught sight of this thread and while I'm not down for the 5 day pouch test, I've got my reasons, I'm down for getting serious before the first of the year.

Today is as good a day as any, right-o?

My goal is to get as far away from processed food as possible. No more chemicals and dare I say it, reduce my caffiene. I don't know if I'm setting myself up for failure or if I'm cleansing my body. I just know I feel better when I'm eating better food.

So I'm detoxing right along side you all. Why wait until Thursday?!

I do believe I'm going to run today as well. E-gad. Run!

Edited by OH Juli

Okie Dokie - ya'll who know me know I'm not very patient...in response to my quick reading (a.k.a. not wanting to read five pages)...

To BBK's Defense - Yep I F'd up...Yep I did go Hog Wild (had me a good mental breakdown and visit with my old friend junk food) and by god I enjoyed every freakin "tasted sinful and I never said I was perfect, bite"...anywhoo...It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Would have I gotten it? Hell no! Enough of that...Boy I feel better...

Hello all old friends and new...Sign me up and kick my butt a bit. I deserve it! :-) Now let the party begin...here's to new beginnings...

I like your style:biggrin:

To new beginnings, it is!!!

Midway through day 1, I am hungry, but it kinda feels good...forgot about drinking Water, so just went to the Water machine (had to pass the vending machines, they were callin' my name, but I ignored em') and loaded up a 32 ounce styrofoam cup with ice and water, came back and laughed out loud reading Leslie2Lose words....oh, yeah, I love it!!!

We all came this far for a reason, and we WILL get where we want to be, there's no turning back, but there may be side roads we veer off on, but we WILL get there...

Way to go, Leslie2Lose!!! You made my DAY!!!!

Thank God I found all of you. I made up my mind I was starting out fresh today after the holidays and was afraid I would be all by myself in the "I was a bad bandster" category. My thought was to do the pre-op diet for one week then on with life. Then I found this blog. Count me in.

hey leslie !! i think more than one of us (see how the thread has grown) need a band "adjustment"....hope you enjoyed the holidays w/the fam!

Guest Leslie2Lose

hey leslie !! i think more than one of us (see how the thread has grown) need a band "adjustment"....hope you enjoyed the holidays w/the fam!

I like that Lulu - Band "Adjustment". Missed you girl! I got up and "gasp" went to the gym and jogged today! Yea for me...yep my body remembered how and since no ambulance showed up I survived it and it felt so good :-)

I had a great holiday - You?

AddJ0y - Thanks! Good for you - avoid the evil vending machines. I'm looking forward to 2009! We can all do this together :-)

Julie - I'm like you - doing my own detox thing...but still doing the liquids/mushies this week. Good to see you again too.

:tongue2: Well consider your butt kicked into high gear by us!

I am not a fan either. Just need to do something to get back on track. I am going to switch to Atkins I think after the pouch test.

I am not a fan so much, but I do love my protien shakes. I dare say I even missed them! WOW!

Lulu--martini shaker! Never thought of that! lol...funny!

Hmm Martini classifies as a liquid right!? Oh that'd be yummy :tongue2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hmm Martini classifies as a liquid right!? Oh that'd be yummy :tongue2:

Ummm that'd be no...damn girl you and your Martini's...okay so it is Margaritas - you say Tomato I say Tomato...There's enough sodium in there (your ritas) to supply the salt flats for a day...:huh2:

Ummm that'd be no...damn girl you and your Martini's...okay so it is Margaritas - you say Tomato I say Tomato...There's enough sodium in there (your ritas) to supply the salt flats for a day...:huh2:

Well now you see why I joined this thread hahaha! :tongue2:

I'm in! After putting on almost 4 pounds at last Friday's "official" weigh-in, then getting a scare of 4 more on Saturday, I decided to get back on track on Sunday. I didn't go the liquid route, but I journaled what I ate and got back on plan. I did go out and buy some of my favorite RTD Protein drinks in case I decided to go with liquids for a couple of days.

I traveled to visit my folks before Christmas, so I missed 4 of my daily work-outs at Curves. That, coupled with mindless eating, pimento cheese, and chocolate/peanut butter candy, put the whammy on me. I was really hoping to hit the 60 pound mark by the end of the year - instead, I'm trying to make sure I STAY at 50. This morning's unofficial weigh-in was very promising, and I got in a good work-out today, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I go in for my second fill on 1/5. My previous appointment on 11/3 was supposed to be my second fill, but my doctor and I decided to postpone it, since my weight loss was so steady and I was having pretty good restriction on 0.6 ccs. He said that the 2 holiday months would be the test, and he was right. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for continuing to lose...until last week. But it was just a bump in the road, not a dead end, and I'm moving in the right direction again.

Three cheers to all of us for taking control again and doing what is best for our bodies!! And thank you BBK for getting the ball rolling!